Badlands (Next Predator movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some seriously huge red flags in this write-up...points to "modern" moviemaking and has a feel of a Mary Sue:

[THIA/TESSA] – This casting is for a dual character, and describes both characters. Character identifies as female or non-binary, open ethnicity, mid 20s – mid 40s. Thia has spent most of her life in a laboratory and is now embarking on her first big adventure in the world. She is incredibly smart, witty, enthusiastic, and unflappable. She has an innate disregard for danger, not because she’s fearless, but simply because she’s naive. Strong comedy chops required. // The other sister, Tessa, has a militant intensity when it comes to achieving her family’s goals and mission objectives. She will not let anything get in her way, not even her twin sister.

And yet the issue with The Acolyte wasn’t that it starred twins, it’s that they were poorly written and underdeveloped characters.
Yes but the writing and characters were SO bad that they have now tainted everything they touched. Twins, lightsabers, the Star Wars brand, everything. Just yesterday I was in a sporting goods store and picked up a metal detector and two hot girls at the end of the aisle started giggling and asked if I was "going to go looking for a vergence." I could only hang my head in shame and put it back on the rack.

Reminds me more of Twins with Schwarzenegger and DeVito. One grew up in the wild and street smart, one sheltered and book smart.

And yet the issue with The Acolyte wasn’t that it starred twins, it’s that they were poorly written and underdeveloped characters.

I’ll wait until I see a trailer. This really doesn’t tell us much at all.
it sounds exactly like the acolyte

Tia and Tessa? It's gonna be amazing

o-TIA-TAMERA-facebook.jpg

Some seriously huge red flags in this write-up...points to "modern" moviemaking and has a feel of a Mary Sue:

[THIA/TESSA] – This casting is for a dual character, and describes both characters. Character identifies as female or non-binary, open ethnicity, mid 20s – mid 40s. Thia has spent most of her life in a laboratory and is now embarking on her first big adventure in the world. She is incredibly smart, witty, enthusiastic, and unflappable. She has an innate disregard for danger, not because she’s fearless, but simply because she’s naive. Strong comedy chops required. // The other sister, Tessa, has a militant intensity when it comes to achieving her family’s goals and mission objectives. She will not let anything get in her way, not even her twin sister.
Must admit, fearless, incredibly smart, unflappable sisters leading a Predator movie doesn't exactly get me excited but the initial synopsis we got for Prey wasn't great. Something about a teenage girl fighting her tribes gender norms to become a hunter. Eye rolling stuff it is but not inaccurate. Prey turned out pretty damn good so it's in the execution.
I'm looking forward to a trailer to get a better feel for what we're getting here.

Time will tell, I am just over 90 lbs little girls beating up everyone three times her size... yawn... Other than John Wick, where's are bad ass dude bros who really kick ass at?
Dutch didn't kick much ass, he couldn't even beat the Predator with raw strength. He had to resort to outsmarting it, same with 90lbs little girls.

This will have a female lead and I'm guessing the Prey sequel will have Naru return, so that will be 3 Predator movies in a row with a female lead. Normally I'd suspect it to be a cynical, for the sake of it move, however, they handled Naru well, so I'm going to trust that they have a good story and good characters written for these next 2 Pred movies.

Back