InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fresh from the box, no futz!

by chrisstbh:
534135-IMG-5677.jpeg

Put mine together today (sans Elven cloak -- waiting on the Ranger cloak), and it is awesome. My photography skills suck, so I won't bother posting my crap photos since everyone else is doing a much better job.
That tends to be how I feel most of the time. No amount of phone camera advancements will turn me into a better figure photographer :lol

Still salty I see because you made the wrong choice :ROFLMAO:
Not really lol I have ordered two of sculpted, that was my choice. And in my opinion I made a right decision. Come back in a few years when rooted hair becomes a dusty frizzy mess. ( I own a big Disney doll collection and I know what I'm saying lol Nylon hair doesn't age well :monkey4 :horse :monkey3 )

Not really lol I have ordered two of sculpted, that was my choice. And in my opinion I made a right decision. Come back in a few years when rooted hair becomes a dusty frizzy mess. ( I own a big Disney doll collection and I know what I'm saying lol Nylon hair doesn't age well :monkey4 :horse :monkey3 )
I mean this hair isn't nylon, it's sheeps wool. It's essentially real hair :lol

For my part I prefer before it was perfect, now the hair has less volume :unsure:

Same for you, customs are really great but for the hair i prefer before, less flat.
This one was really Perfect to me for exemple, I would never have touched it 😅
View attachment 725528

That's what is great with rooted hair. Everyone will have different preferences, or a certain vision of a character in mind, and can customize (or not) the doll to his will, so in the end everyone has a different figure.

In my case, I've always been concerned by the "too much volume" or "too much material" problem when I'm carving/sculpting, modeling, or futzing a figure. I assume I like when I feel the gravity on the doll.
In the specific case of the Amon Hen style, he has very wet hair because of heavy sweat, and I was tempted to make the hair even more flat. :LOL:

Anyway, it's great that thanks to rooted hair I can have two drastically different looking figures between Strider and Amon Hen (and the two others will be different, much more like the prototype) and everyone can make the figure according to his taste.
:D

IMG_3868.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Can you reassure us that this will work as well as yours did if we try and style the hair? This looks phenomenal.

Thanks !!
The big shampoo is a bit scary but was very important to work the Strider look. Not that much for a Two Towers or Amon Hen look. If you only do what Inart shows in the video "how to care of Aragorn" you can't go wrong. If you do the big shampoo stage, you can always start again if you don't like the result, but you better know what you're doing. Same with the haircut, it can always turn bad, but I prefer to screw a figure trying to improve it than stay with a figure I'm not satisfied with.
:)

Its not nylon its a natural fible, hair from a sheep (wool) will last as long as I'm alive

So are some of you straight up washing the hair with a bit of shampoo and water to remove the product in the hair and then adding back in your own gel/something similar?
Will depend on the look you want and how much stuff is in the hair. May be able to get away with just wetting the hair and pushing strands into place with tweezers/toothpick/small nail etc.

Pretty sure he’s just guessing and didn’t read Inart’s details.
Which details? On their description they just say the vest is leather. Not a word about the coat or belts. The "operation guide" says "Product material: Metal, Resin, PVC, ABS, Real Fabric, Wool, etc." Not a mention about leather, less specifically on belts or coat. Can't tell just from seeing mine if it's leather or pleather, really.
Also, I found this morning my Aragorn fell down from his base. Luckily he didn't suffer any damage, like my Joker did, but man, those magnets are far from the best solution for these figures. At least they should include a regular support option. :confused:

Back