Balrog LS Bust pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't totally decided if the translucent flames are warranted yet, they almost have to have the light-up feature as a result.

Kind of a tease. :monkey5

I'd also rather see the type of flames that the WETA version has.

Nice piece, a little too much money for me, but still a very nice piece. He does look a little washed out red, but Im betting thats the flash on the camera. I took some pics of my treebeard, and he looked all washed out and not even the same color.
I bet in person the Balrog looks great. ;-)

Last edited:
Got mine today, not sure if I'll keep it or not. It looks great, but seems a bit unbalanced in regards to the weight/center of gravity. I get the feeling that it would tip over at the slightest provocation. I was afraid to leave it out for display and returned it to the box. Did your Rog LSB seem the same way JS?

Mine was home today when I got there.
My number is 144.
Seemed a bit unbalanced, but stable none the less.
I love it.
I think it looks great.
But I am a fan of the Balrog and Gandalf the Grey.:gandalf:balrog:gandalf_w

DSC06624.jpg

DSC06675.jpg

DSC06670.jpg

DSC06667.jpg

DSC06665.jpg

Very cool, can you post a wide angle shot looking straight on?

:wave

The prod. pic's showed the horns as black with red highlights. All the pic's shown on the Freaks board have them red with black highlights...I prefer the prod. pic's. The balrog is a terrific character and I love the LSB's but I must say I am quite disappointed with what I've seen from the paint app's on this piece so far.

That does look great, I will definately get one if the price is right!

580c0dfc9a132a53602b3e350051f61.gif

Saw this bust up close today for the first time today and although I love the sculpt and base, I am really disappointed with the color....waaaay too much red. I would have been real pissed if I hadn't have cancelled my order with SS as the coloring isn't even close to the prod. pic's. Is it too much to ask from SS that the color of the actual bust matches that of the prod. pic's. :rolleyes:

great pics ... keep them coming. He's definately a good LSB! Too bad I didn't get him either... might pick it up down the road.. and 21" tall!

Back