Bank Robber Joker/New Sculpt - PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bank Robber Hot Toys Joer figure pics

it's ok, he must be talking about something new, hot toys have never made a bank robber joer! they did a JOKER, but no joer. we should get pics of this anyday now lol (sorry couldn't resist) and he's got more posts than me, schooled by a noob lol

He's worth the money. You will not be disappointed at all.

it's ok buddy, i'm only pulling your leg, seriously though this figure is well worth the money as are the whole hot toys dark knight range, pictures really don't do them justice, when you have them in hand and see the detailing up close you'll be sold on hot toys and you'll never go back, i used to collect allsorts of figures and 12 inchers/ 1/6scale figs, but after my first hot toys fig, i really only collect these now, they're so far ahead of the competition it's scary. so if you like the pics then remember that it's so much better in hand.

It's a great figure. Worth every penny.

003-27.jpg

Quick question, why didn't you guys removed the clip from the pistol? I see many have it there and i can't understand why :)

Oh, i imagined it would just fall and wouldn't be able to stand like that in the pistol. I need to see the film again :monkey3

Quick question, why didn't you guys removed the clip from the pistol? I see many have it there and i can't understand why :)

The better question is, why would you remove it? What competent criminal robs a bank with an empty gun?

SnakeDoc

From Imfdb:

The gun Joker is using is a Glock 17 which has been modded to full automatic

400px-Glock_17.jpg

It is using the G18 33 round magazine

600px-TDKGlockMod-3.png

I think he was assuming that the clip was sliding out when actually its extended

From Imfdb:

The gun Joker is using is a Glock 17 which has been modded to full automatic

400px-Glock_17.jpg

It is using the G18 33 round magazine

600px-TDKGlockMod-3.png

I think he was assuming that the clip was sliding out when actually its extended

Yep, the Joker used an extended clip. Many people mistakenly take it for the clip being ejected but its not. My brother has a Glock and an extended clip and it looks just like that. Quite heavy when fully loaded actually.

I fired a gun for the first time last weekend, not the same Glock as Joker, but a Glock, and the sheer power of one shot, I can't imagine holding that thing and firing off automatic rounds like Ledger did.

I think movie blanks are lighter and less powerful than real bullets, but yeah, you got to be strong to fire an automatic pistol one handed. It makes the lazy shooting of the Bus Driver more realistic after actually holding one of those things. I don't think he ever holds it up straight like a normal person would. Even during the Semi chase he fires the pistol in a somewhat lazy fashion.

Well I went to the firing range with some military guys and asked them how much a difference shooting a blank versus a live round would make because I was trying to associate my experience with what I see in movies because often in film it seems effortless, they said blanks would be pretty close to the same experience as a live round because it's still an explosion just no projectile and that it looks like it does in movies and such because those guys go through all sorts of training. I'm 6'4 and almost 300 lbs and 1 shot from a Glock knocked me back a bit, I have a better respect for the discipline and work it takes for professionals to operate them with the precision they do.

And yeah, Ledger never held it in a real firm manner when firing, now whether that was for added personality to him or necessity to hold the weapon who knows.

Back