Bank Robber Joker/New Sculpt - PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very much a big Superman fan. But over the past few weeks I've been traveling and since I got the Dark Knight on BluRay, I put the digital copy on my laptop and iPod. I have watched this movie more times than I can count. I was not a huge fan at first showing, but have grown to love this movie, mostly for and I don't want to sound cliche, but Heath Ledger. This was his last movie and he made it count. I just purchased the Hot Toys figures Joker figures and they are great. I just hope that DC/WB will make a Superman movie of this ilk.

If you are a fan of figures, the Hot Toys BR Joker is money. One worth owning. I bought a Nurse kit to make the other iconic outfit The Joker was in.

Will post pics in a few.

3195106327_ca8e869276.jpg

3195949976_8f9c0a9741.jpg

3195105955_834b92b643.jpg

3195949486_2eedd1c275.jpg

Thanks to Mrs ? who thought of using the bat signal and flashlight!

I love how the eyes appear looking straight ahead or off to the side depending on where the light hits them.

Last edited:
the grenade setups are sick, i knew theyd look good! i'll do a 99percent movie accurate one when i get the chance, got heaps of 1/6th grenades lying around here from my army figures :D should open the jacket up more, so you can see them!

A lot of people are going to be getting theirs tomorrow so I'm sure there will be a flood of pictures tomorrow! :rock

Yes indeed! According to UPS mine just arrived in town 10 minutes ago. Too bad I'll have to wait until around 5 PM for UPS to deliver it. :banghead Even though it is kind of pointless now, I'm still going to post a pic. :lol

Yeah. I'm afraid I might have to wait until June for my TDK Bats. When I contacted the seller the other day they didn't know when they'd be getting them in. :monkey2

Just finished reviewing this guy, it's on its way to Michael as we speak.

Here are a few of the pics I took last night-

maskdetail1.jpg

pose4-1.jpg

maskoff5.jpg

pose1-7.jpg

pose3-2.jpg

withcarddetail.jpg

lookthroughknife2.jpg

with2F1.jpg

thegang.jpg

And here's a study of all the HT Joker heads so you can see just how much better these new ones are. I gotta say I think the slicked back hair one is creeping ahead as my favourite... didn't expect that!
headcomps.jpg

People give this figure a lot of props, but I have to say, as nice as the recent HT suits look if the figure's standing with arms at their sides, when you start elevating the arms the suit coats ^^^^. I hate how the collars puff out way off the neck of the figure. I first noticed it with BR Joker and hastling to make it look decent in photos and then it carried over with Two-Face. I'm not sure what their tailoring strategy was, but it limits the aesthetic of the figure to certain poses without it looking goofy.

I got mine yesterday. I forced myself to like the V1 headsculpt for soooo long. Once the new one showed up, I realized how much I hated the original head.

Quick question. Does the velcro on anyone else's shirt have a weird sticky, tacky glue feeling? Mine does and I find the velcro does not stick as well as it does on the V1 Joker.

yeah i agree with that one RNO13, it almost looks like it is mis tailored, to suit someone who weighs 120kgs, instead of the proportioned 80kgs it should be.
actually, agree on both accounts, with you too Maulfan, the overly bulky layers on the joker actually wreak extra havoc with that, without the grey undercoat, its not so bad at all. Two face is another story altogether!

I got mine yesterday. I forced myself to like the V1 headsculpt for soooo long. Once the new one showed up, I realized how much I hated the original head.

Quick question. Does the velcro on anyone else's shirt have a weird sticky, tacky glue feeling? Mine does and I find the velcro does not stick as well as it does on the V1 Joker.

The Velcro's actually better on my new one, seems much stronger, no stickiness.

And here's a study of all the HT Joker heads so you can see just how much better these new ones are. I gotta say I think the slicked back hair one is creeping ahead as my favourite... didn't expect that!
headcomps.jpg

While the v1 is definitely the weakest of the 3, I do think if the makeup paint were of the same quality and style as the BR heads, it would look significantly better than it is. A large issue with the v1 head is how the black fades oddly to a flesh tone before it hits the white and it's not as large as it should be and the scar makeup is very thin.

Back