1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Anyway does anyone know the dimensions of the shipping box? I'm not sure where I'm going to store the box!!

Thanks

Michael

123 x 67.5 x 41

I'm starting to get a little worried about what Fed Ex will be charging on this...

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

yeah, mothers basement in th UK still has them avaliable & its free shipping, i spoke to kate yesterday & she said that the 30th august is still the current date for getting these things in & confirmed that shipping will remain free & no charges sprung on us, Im still debating if to get this or not.

Just wanna drop in and say it would probably be illegal if any of you haven't watched the Batmobile Documentary that was included in the TDKR blu ray. Dare I say it's better than the movie itself? :lol

I don't understand why anyone in the UK would want to take the hit on import and shipping charges for this beast from the states? Plenty of stores here have it up for order...

Mainly because I trust BBTS and always use them for my collectables. They always make sure my boxes etc are perfect. Also I preordered at $579.99 which is £385 so with the postage on top there is not a lot of difference to the UK prices

I just got this email from BBTS. I'll e-mail them later for more info.

"Hello!

Thank you for preordering the Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Scale 1989 Batmobile by Hot Toys. We hope that you are as excited for this highly anticipated release as we are! At this time we anticipate a portion of our order to be arriving by mid to late July and the remainder will then be arriving at later date. The purpose of this message is to inform everyone that we have experienced a shipping conflict due to the enormous sized product box! We have recently received updated information regarding the size and weight to ship this item, which has been updated on our website listing accordingly.

Often times our shipping rates are determined by weight; however, this particular piece has been increased due to its dimensional weight. Please note that the average shipping fee that BBTS is paying for domestic orders will be approximately $120.00 via UPS Ground. While preorder shipping rates provided are estimates only, we have made the necessary adjustments so that our customers will only have to pay $84.79 for UPS Ground shipping. Given the large shipping increase, BBTS will subsidize it and cover the difference beyond the UPS Ground rate provided.

We also understand collectability and that with nearly every other product we offer, an external shipping box with packaging material is typically used when shipping your order. Unfortunately due to the massive size of the Batmobile product box, we have explored all options and we were unable to source a packaging option that does not exceed the maximum dimensions allowed by our shipping partners. Therefore they will all be sent in the original Hot Toys brown cardboard shipper box. This shipper box is designed for transit purposes and should offer sufficient protection to the actual product box and items inside.

We wanted to let everyone know about this potential dilemma and we certainly hope that you have an understanding and will still enjoy this product. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and while we certainly want you to keep your preorder, you may also cancel it via your BBTS account if necessary. Lastly, given the overall size of this item, we kindly ask that you consider shipping this piece as soon as possible. If you are using our Pile of Loot feature it would be very much appreciated if you would consider shipping your Loot after these have arrived. It should be an amazing piece and great addition to your collection!

As always please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and our Customer Service department will be happy to assist you."

Last edited:

Secured mine through OSB. Some collectibles you're better sticking to UK stores.

You know what,Im going with "Mothers Basement" for this.The £479.99 is the equivalent of the $738.00 Sideshow are charging for this and therte wo nt be any Fed Ex expenses to worry about.As theres no exclusive it ll be fine.I mean,they wanted £46.00 for Iron Man mark VII exclusive and it s all getting a bit ridiculous now.God only knows what they ll try and charge for a monster box like that!!And I certainly do nt mind waiting until the end of August.

Then years from now, Hot Toys rereleases a relaunch Batmobile except it's in Returns packaging and the vehicle has a slick, high gloss finish and windshield wipers.

Here's the bigger problem, however unlikely. 3 years or so from now, HT relaunches this Batmobile as a Returns version with a glossy paint job, windshield wipers, Returns armor cover and a pull out engine! Oh and they include a 1/6 Batmissile which you cannot buy separately! The whole thing is say $879.99. Would you buy it all again for the pull out engine and the Batmissile?

Here's the bigger problem, however unlikely. 3 years or so from now, HT relaunches this Batmobile as a Returns version with a glossy paint job, windshield wipers, Returns armor cover and a pull out engine! Oh and they include a 1/6 Batmissile which you cannot buy separately! The whole thing is say $879.99. Would you buy it all again for the pull out engine and the Batmissile?

No way! I really didn't like the concept of the Batmissle myself. I was really close to buying a second to resell later, but decided it wasn't worth the risk of them turning around a re-releasing before the value came up enough to make it worth the hassle of storing and shipping out the second one. Holy run-on sentence Batman! :cuckoo:

Batmissile.gif

Tim_Burton_Batmobile_batmissile.jpg

batmissile.jpg

The Batmobile cannot physically transform into the Batmissile, it was an FX cheat. The actual form changes. It would not be possible to replicate in a toy with any accuracy. Therefore if HT do release a Bat missile it would have to be a stand alone release. A second transforming Batmobile is not an option.

The Batmobile cannot physically transform into the Batmissile, it was an FX cheat. The actual form changes. It would not be possible to replicate in a toy with any accuracy. Therefore if HT do release a Bat missile it would have to be a stand alone release. A second transforming Batmobile is not an option.

I am aware that it is a standalone item and not something you can "break out" from the Batmobile. That's why I said the price is $879.99. In my scenario, you get a Batmobile with the pull out engine and a separate standalone Batmissile.

IF they make a 1:6 Batmissile it will be sold as a stand-alone vehicle like the Batpod.

i wouldn't want the batmissle personally. i didn't like it in the movie and i wouldn't like it as a collectible. i'm totally fine with this current release as my only burton batmobile and would never consider buying a re-release.

I always thought the buildings looked ridiculously close together with a road leading up to them. It just made the whole Batmissile sequence seem so forced. A narrow alleyway? Sure, that would have worked, but those buildings clearly look like facades.

I always thought the buildings looked ridiculously close together with a road leading up to them. It just made the whole Batmissile sequence seem so forced. A narrow alleyway? Sure, that would have worked, but those buildings clearly look like facades.

I'm going to pretend that there are building configurations like that all over the city and that he didn't spend millions of dollars on an escape pod that only serves a purpose if he is being chased by cops after regaining control of his car next to that one alley. :lol

Seriously? Who builds structures that narrow? There's a window but the width is only a few feet! What's the purpose? Ridiculous!

It was just a model. I love models over CG.

Seriously? Who builds structures that narrow? There's a window but the width is only a few feet! What's the purpose? Ridiculous!

I've actually seen buildings and alleys like that in NYC and London. It's not planned architecture. Just buildings put too close to each other.

I've actually seen buildings and alleys like that in NYC and London. It's not planned architecture. Just buildings put too close to each other.

Dont bother, he complains and/or criticizes everything. Literally everything. He is the bizarro world Josh.

Batmissile is kind of clever but I would never spend more than 200 on it as a stand alone release.

Back