1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Keaton was an idiot for passing on 35 million dollars though. Who cares if the script was lame, who cares if the director was a 3 dollar bill that wanted nips and huge cod pieces on the suits. 35 MILLION DOLLARS in 1994?

Imagine all the Hot Toys Batmobiles you could buy with that.

I applaud Keaton for turning it down and not selling out. All the more reason to respect him. He also said if Tim wasn't directing then he wouldn't be back.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

It would have been a mess, probably worse than what we got in 1995. If Keaton was refusing to recite lines in the Burton films because of all the out of character exposition imagine how he'd get along with Schumacher and Goldsman. They would have probably reached some comprise that wasn't true to either "style" and Keaton's Batman would be tainted forever (not exactly what the title of the film was going for.)

Yea it's hard to imagine how it would work. It just doesn't feel like Keaton would have fit that world. It wasn't dark enough. And him being on a shrink's couch playing with Chase's dream doll or taking in a circus kid doesn't suit the Keaton Wayne we'd known. He'd probably look at Carrey and Jones' characters and start investigating what drugs they were on that made them act like crack heads. :lol

B:Forever and B&R never happened, that is all.

I applaud Keaton for turning it down and not selling out. All the more reason to respect him. He also said if Tim wasn't directing then he wouldn't be back.

$$$ > integrity

$$$ > integrity

Keaton doesn't have to worry about money therefore he can value his integrity and not whore himself out like those that don't have money.

Had to order this beast and put him on flex pay - with Comic Con just around the corner and other things, dropping that much money on one item just is too much for me right now - but i still want it...will see it in November. :( On a lighter note though - was able to knock down the payments thanks to the reward points I've saved - first time I've used them in a LOOOONNNGG time!

I just noticed that in the sequence where the Penguin hijacks the batmobile the interior appears to have two monitors. At one point the he is watching the Penguin heckle him on the black and white screen and then he hears a beep, turns his head to the right, and we see the monitor showing the car schematic and "Foreign Object Detected." Does the HT car have both screens or is that an assumed upgrade from the car's appearance in 1989?

How in the hell does this thing make the Tumbler look small?!?

32609_521771684562486_1136711640_n.jpg

I need a proper scale reference... where is the "guy" when I need him!!
41hYjoak8NL._AA300_.jpg

I need a proper scale reference... where is the "guy" when I need him!!
41hYjoak8NL._AA300_.jpg

Holy kamoley! I just looked up Tumbler reviews and that thing eats up people. Seeing the '89 Batmobile mauling the Tumbler puts everything in a better perspective.

After seeing the tumbler in person at Midtowncomics the other day, I STILL can't fully comprehend how big this thing really is. Pictures do not do it justice.

I would love to see everyones reaction when this gets delivered to their door.

After seeing the tumbler in person at Midtowncomics the other day, I STILL can't fully comprehend how big this thing really is. Pictures do not do it justice.

I would love to see everyones reaction when this gets delivered to their door.

tumblr_mac3x3mzkj1ruj2iwo1_400.gif

Man that 89 Batmobile is beautiful. A true work of art.

At the 2:20-2:27 mark with the guns out looks like the real thing. :thud:

Last edited:

Yep thats what been waiiting for night pics ! The headlights everything looks good ,would like to see the afterburner lights on in video ,but we got them. I need a car alarm. Oh yea machine guns:lol

Back