Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I think Russell Crowe did a good job as Jor El. The escape segment was awesome.

And while Brando's is better.....Brando > everyone else. period.

I still demand a black robes Jor El.

CW-STM-Krypton-trial-06.jpg

free thigh-high boots for all villians, lol.

I thought Zod sucked in the film, and it wasn't the actor's fault. It's how weak they made him that bothered me. In the first 10 minutes they had the main villain get beat up by a scientist and then the first time he shows up on earth and fights Superman, he gets beat up...again. In wrestling terms, that's not how you book a heel, if you want to make him look credible as a villain. He should have killed Jor El easily and beat up Superman in the first fight, then he walks away like a boss and he lets the other two villain "finish" the job. Instead, they took him away injured and looking very vulnerable. It made him look awful, imo.

:lecture :goodpost:

Don’t know if this has been posted

Major BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Details Reveal The Death Of
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm a purist. Barry Allen's The Flash, Hal Jordan's Green Lantern, Robin is not Carrie Kelly, and you don't kill him.

I also didn't care for MOS much at all, and love Superman, but as I posted earlier, I thought Russell was really good. If a poll was made, Brando would win by a landslide.

I'm pretty sure Crowe did a lot more work than Brando did in the role, not to mention it was excellent work, so my decision isn't really objective or fair. It's almost...OK, entirely...driven by my ambivalence toward MOS and my adoration for Superman.

Hey man, I get it! That's why I know Brando would get about 90% of the vote :D For guys in their 30s or older, it doesn't get much more iconic than Brando in Superman.

For me, I don't even think my appreciation for Crowe is all that objective. It's probably one of those things where you see a regular looking person next to a really ugly/fat/smelly person. All of a sudden, they look like a super model.

Back