Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

That's fair. I think it's safe to say that Brando pretty much spoiled any future interpretations of Jor-El, eh? :lol
Yep.

I watched a documentary on Brando recently, man.. the dude was mixed up & gifted at the same time. A lot of intense artists are though, which all adds to their craft in the end. What controversial / challenging things has Russ-El done? Have a fight with a telephone, kiss a bloke on screen, & part own a Rugby League team. :lol

Brando was an acting legend, but from a studio/old guard perspective, he was a PITA. Sacheen Littlefeather? His battle with Frank Oz on the set of The Score?

I think Russell Crowe did a good job as Jor El. The escape segment was awesome.

And while Brando's is better.....Brando > everyone else. period.

I still demand a black robes Jor El.

CW-STM-Krypton-trial-06.jpg

No, like you say, Costner & Lane were good as far as 'fitting', as well as Cavill (of course), but.. ehh. Michael Shannon as Zod? Nah - didn't buy it. Didn't like Russ-El much either - great actor, but he was just being himself really, with a pompous accent. :lol Amy Adams is good - but she didn't sell Lois to me either. :huh
I thought Russell was the best thing about MOS. I even thought he was better than Brando in the role, though Brando had a level of gravitas and dramatic weight that Russell didn't obviously. I believed in Russell as that character, while I didn't really believe much of anything else going on in that movie.

I will say this, Brando's performance made him seem like an alien, which of course he was. Russell, ironically, felt like the most genuine human character in MOS. Pa Kent? Lois Lane? Perry White? LOL So, they both had strengths in their approaches IMO.

Godfather 2.0 first, please.:lecture

I agree with your entire post. Call Mulder and Scully.

Hans Zimmer and Crowe saved MOS from being and even bigger steaming pile of digital bits.

I thought Russell was the best thing about MOS. I even thought he was better than Brando in the role, though Brando had a level of gravitas and dramatic weight that Russell didn't obviously. I believed in Russell as that character, while I didn't really believe much of anything else going on in that movie.

Yes. This. All of it.

Viggo Mortensen would've made an outstanding Zod. :cool:

That's kinda... what I was thinking too. :lol

Shannon just came across as a really frustrated / angry American guy in a Prometheus engineer suit.

Sorry, but the best thing in the movie was Antje Traue and Zod was a close second!

Crowe was, well, Crowe! No more, no less!

I thought Zod sucked in the film, and it wasn't the actor's fault. It's how weak they made him that bothered me. In the first 10 minutes they had the main villain get beat up by a scientist and then the first time he shows up on earth and fights Superman, he gets beat up...again. In wrestling terms, that's not how you book a heel, if you want to make him look credible as a villain. He should have killed Jor El easily and beat up Superman in the first fight, then he walks away like a boss and he lets the other two villain "finish" the job. Instead, they took him away injured and looking very vulnerable. It made him look awful, imo.

Sorry, but the best thing in the movie was Antje Traue and Zod was a close second!

Crowe was, well, Crowe! No more, no less!
Interesting, but

Viggo Mortensen would've made an outstanding Zod. :cool:
Yes. Yes, he would have. But Viggo could have made an outstanding anybody. Give him a skirt and call him Lois, I say.

Back