Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

The part where Reeve gets revenge on the guy who bullied him was probably the single worst part of the first two Superman movies to my eyes. Forget the moral quandaries involved with the time travel to save Lois and killing the Kryptonians, I think that was the most questionable thing he did. Because it was so damn petty :lol "You **** with Superman, then Superman will **** with you!"

The part where Reeve gets revenge on the guy who bullied him was probably the single worst part of the first two Superman movies to my eyes. Forget the moral quandaries involved with the time travel to save Lois and killing the Kryptonians, I think that was the most questionable thing he did. Because it was so damn petty :lol "You **** with Superman, then Superman will **** with you!"

Unless I'm remembering wrong it actually doesn't make any sense either in one of the versions of Superman II, maybe the Donner cut? Doesn't he reverse time in that one? To a point where the initial bullying event didn't even happen or something? But then he still goes back to that bar and shoves the guy into the pinball machine.

So busting up a guy's truck is more extreme than sliding him across a countertop into a pineball machine and knocking him out?

It's only kind of petty Reeve Clark's went back to that diner at the end of the movie after getting his powers back to beat up the guy in front of a group of people?

:lol

Superman is a God. He is above us. He will do whatever the **** he wants.

Kneel Before Da Steel

Being knocked out in a bar is temporary. Having your livelihood destroyed by a passive-aggresive alien god-being isn't.

Unless I'm remembering wrong it actually doesn't make any sense either in one of the versions of Superman II, maybe the Donner cut? Doesn't he reverse time in that one? To a point where the initial bullying event didn't even happen or something? But then he still goes back to that bar and shoves the guy into the pinball machine.
I haven't seen the Donner cut I don't think, but that would be very strange if true. Total **** move by Supes to punish a regular human for what he would otherwise have done, had Superman not turned back time to stop it from happening to begin with :lol

Such an absurd plot device anyway, I still can't fathom how it was acceptable to audiences even back then. No aspect of it makes any sense whatsoever and even if you accept the premise it makes you wonder why you've bothered watching everything you've just watched. All the previous drama is rendered null and void.

It's not even like he reversed time so that he could stop the missiles. He turned the Earth back, undid all the damage, and then forwarded it again with everything as it was minus the missiles that inexplicably disappeared. So bizarre.

Time reversal was extremely stupid and pointless, yes.
Still not as stupid and pointless as killing Zod.

One thing I will say about Man of Steel is that, for the most part (putting aside the whole Codex nonsense), you had a sense of everyone's motivations and there was a logical progression to the storyline. Zod's being killed sucked, and may have been unnecessary, but it made sense for that story. Some of the stuff in the Donner films just doesn't hold up to intense scrutiny, though in fairness, those looking to nitpick those movies may be missing the point, while more modern and "realistic" comic movies necessarily invite those criticisms.

Here's a "new" photo of Snyder on a set that may or may not be BVS. It's dark and depressing (except for the holy light behind him) , so it's probably BVS :lol

IcpM491.jpg

Back