Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Pine would be a good Hal. Reynolds was just too damn douchey, beyond the other obvious flaws (crappy script, questionable casting elsewhere, mediocre direction) that really were larger problems than the Reynolds casting move. Hal has to be arrogant without coming across as an annoying ******, IMO.

Yeah, Pine would be a good Hal. Reynolds was just too damn douchey, beyond the other obvious flaws (crappy script, questionable casting elsewhere, mediocre direction) that really were larger problems than the Reynolds casting move. Hal has to be arrogant without coming across as an annoying ******, IMO.

I liked the part in the Reynolds GL movie where he got those guys fired from their jobs and then later used his superpowers to beat them up in the alley. Wait, why is he being rebooted? He'd be right at home in the neck-snapping Snyderverse.

I thought you said you liked Man of Steel, Khev?

What makes you think I don't? The tornado was idiotic, Hopeman was petty and a jerk and the idea that he's this ruthless killer is amusing to me, but those things haven't stopped me from liking the movie. :)

Though it is worth saying that I popped in the blu-ray about a month ago and it didn't hold my interest enough to watch more than 30 minutes or so. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood, or maybe it just isn't holding up. I'll see the next time I'm inclined to give it a chance.

I am very much interested to see where BvS takes things.

I can go with that. I just noticed that it'd been a while since you said anything good about it. Then again, that is a lot less fun.:lol

I can go with that. I just noticed that it'd been a while since you said anything good about it. Then again, that is a lot less fun.:lol

Well the reports of him saying things like "I'm not going to snap your neck, I'm taking you to jail" in BvS have rubbed me the wrong way but who knows, maybe the finished film won't have that stuff. I think if BvS is just awesome then it will cement the things I enjoyed about MOS and I'll probably make fun of it less, ESPECIALLY if they do some retroactive damage control ("what the hell was I thinking not saving Pa, I must have been out of my mind," etc.) But if they take the things that I kind of let slide in MOS and continue in that vein or actually make them worse then I could see that pushing me into faulting MOS more than I do now.

No argument there, I was just saying Reyrey wasn't a bad choice in theory :lol jeez, much rage, such hate.

:lol :duff
Again with the Gaspar-ing..

I've got no objections with Reynolds knocking himself out with Deadpool. I can get into that idea, because he's wearing a mask for starters, so that hides the box head. Secondly, I don't have any particular affinity with the character, so if he ****s up that character too - who cares.

Hal Jordan is a DC icon - he needs a proper intro. Getting the Jarlsberg Jester to cheese his way through the last one, was an insult. He & his cheesy box headed azz, can get well & truly ****ed. :duff

Well the reports of him saying things like "I'm not going to snap your neck, I'm taking you to jail" in BvS have rubbed me the wrong way but who knows, maybe the finished film won't have that stuff. I think if BvS is just awesome then it will cement the things I enjoyed about MOS and I'll probably make fun of it less, ESPECIALLY if they do some retroactive damage control ("what the hell was I thinking not saving Pa, I must have been out of my mind," etc.) But if they take the things that I kind of let slide in MOS and continue in that vein or actually make them worse then I could see that pushing me into faulting MOS more than I do now.

I think the best way to deal with the Pa Kent thing is by Martha telling a guilt ridden Clark that she found his father's suicide note, but couldn't bring herself to tell him. Indicating that, if the tornado hadn't gotten him, his shotgun would have, and that some people can't be saved.:lecture Honestly, that's really not that bad. It would fit with all the "Jonathan had a death wish" people. Have them find out that the farm was in foreclosure, and that the town sheriff was extorting him and threatening to expose Clark to the public, and there's your motivation.

I agree, though, that "I won't snap your neck" thing is ridiculous. I do think there need to be repercussions, but I don't think it should be anywhere near that level. I like those set pictures of protesters. I'd like to see a lady throw something at him and call him a murderer, or have a guy on a talk show saying he doesn't care about the world ending, he just wants his daughter back. I'm okay with Clark's inconsistency, as it was his first day on the job, but I do think that the level of destruction needs to be addressed.

Again with the Gaspar-ing..

Hal Jordan is a DC icon - he needs a proper intro. Getting the Jarlsberg Jester to cheese his way through the last one, was an insult. He & his cheesy box headed azz, can get well & truly ****ed. :duff
Gasparing? You mean truthing? :lol

Dude, you're trying too hard to hate the guy, his movie sucked, but it wasn't because of him and his performance, true GL needs a proper introduction, I'm not even implying they should get RR to play Hal again, I wouldn't want that, there are better choices, that is true, but his cast as Hal Jordan was an obvious one to make because he already naturally possesses many of the traits that make that character, I was just messing with you with the "hate" stuff in that last post, but you do "hate" RR, and I do think because of that you're blaming him more than he deserves for the disaster of a movie he was in.

So what is it then? Am I trying too hard to hate him, or do I simply.. hate him?

Make your mind up. :lol

Come on Gaspy, he was a large wet guano sandwich - in the good scenes.

So what is it then? Am I trying too hard to hate him, or do I simply.. hate him?

Make your mind up. :lol

Come on Gaspy, he was a large wet guano sandwich - in the good scenes.

I don't know, only you know how much you hate or try to hate Reyrey.

Nope, it's your hate towards the poor guy who makes you see him as a guano sandwich, when in reality, he did nothing wrong.

I don't know, only you know how much you hate or try to hate Reyrey.

Nope, it's your hate towards the poor guy who makes you see him as a guano sandwich, when in reality, he did nothing wrong.
Nothing wrong.. :lol

To be completely honest, in the lead up to that moofy, I wasn't totally opposed to him in the role. I saw the odd on set photo with him walking around, & although I was no fan of his, I was just happy that GL was getting a film. I was more indifferent toward him than anything else.

Nothing wrong.. :lol

To be completely honest, in the lead up to that moofy, I wasn't totally opposed to him in the role. I saw the odd on set photo with him walking around, & although I was no fan of his, I was just happy that GL was getting a film. I was more indifferent toward him than anything else.

That's what I mean with "in theory", knowing how the dude is in real life and most of his characters, one can see the reasoning behind the cast, yet, in the end, everything went to **** :lol

Fass would've been the remedy to everything - he's almost a doppelganger for the Alex Ross & Neal Adams art (with a little weight training perhaps). :monkey2

Him wanting to play an American.. another story.

Don't 'wut' me, Gaspy. :lol

Maybe doppelganger is a bit much.. :lol , but Fass as Hal has been suggested in this thread many times now by more folks than myself.

neal-adams-signed-signature-autograph-dc-comic-art-print-green-lantern-hal-jordan-1.jpg

fassbender_large.jpg

He's got the vibe - & the depth (of course), to give our space cop some gravitas & go shoulder to shoulder with Flecks & Hopes.

Back