Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reynolds is a pretty good actor with the right material.
He ws good as GL but the movie itself sucked script wise, also some design were very discutable.
Dont like Chris pine, hé Will be good tho.

Thought Reynolds was fine as Hal. Yea, that movie blew, but I don't see the need to recast. Just continue with him.

Pine would be alright.

What's wrong with this world. :lol
The world loves Reyrey.

You're all alone

look+around+ted,+you're+all+alone.gif

:lol

I'm glad they're giving Hal another run though, & not one of the other modern Lanterns.

Means I'll hopefully get a decent HT figure & not have to customize one. :lol

Yeah, I don't understand why some people want John Stewart, he's cool and all but they already picked Barry Allen, if Barry Allen is the Flash WB should pick Hal Jordan since they're best buds, and they have a similar dynamic than JS and Wally West, but if they pick Barry and JS, well they're both basically the same part of their respective duo, the more serious side, while Wally and Hal being the fast talkers, so so Barry/JS would be a boring combo IMO.

I guess it's common sense anyway, but you'd imagine WB would generally go with a popular DC character incarnation that's most known to the masses. GL has been in various media on & off for decades; whether it's cartoons, toys or whatnot. A large percentage of the time it's been Hal. There've been multiple Batmen through the comics, but it's always likely to be Bruce Wayne in the films. Different takes on Kal-El / Superman, but the standard Clark / red & blue (give or take) gets first dibs.

One might say, "Hal/Shmal - it's the suit that the masses recognize".. which would also be true. Sure, Hal wasn't where it began - Alan Scott of course was, but how many people in pleb land would know who he was.. so I'm betting WB/DC's rationale would be, that if they're going to give the character a good introduction, start with the guy that folks that grew up in the last five or six decades would at least partially recognize - compared to the others. :lol

Reynolds was perfect IMO. I just wasn't a fan of his suit, a few of the constructs, Parallax, and the story. It could have used more action. But I think the Lanterns looked great, SineStrong was amazing, and Lively was actually decent. I have to say GL and Thor did a fantastic job with Oa and Asgard.

Honestly, I'm a purist. If I had my way, Hal would be GL, Martian Manhunter would be there, rather than Cyborg, and Aquaman would be blonde with an orange and green suit. I have no problem with the roster evolving, as the universe grows, but I'd much rather they begin at the beginning.

Honestly, I'm a purist. If I had my way, Hal would be GL, Martian Manhunter would be there, rather than Cyborg, and Aquaman would be blonde with an orange and green suit. I have no problem with the roster evolving, as the universe grows, but I'd much rather they begin at the beginning.

:exactly: totally agree
Its one of the main reasons I dislike the DCCU

But, in the new 52 there's no Martian Manhunter, he's in the JL of America as a counter measure against Superman and Cyborg is a founding member of the league, and technically, the new 52 is a beginning.

But I'm not talking about the New 52, and, technically, it isn't really a beginning, whether they call it the New 52 or not. I like it, but Flash giving Batman the letter directly ties into Flashpoint, which directly tied into the O.G. continuity, hence, it's a variation, but not an actual beginning.

But I'm not talking about the New 52, and, technically, it isn't really a beginning, whether they call it the New 52 or not. I like it, but Flash giving Batman the letter directly ties into Flashpoint, which directly tied into the O.G. continuity, hence, it's a variation, but not an actual beginning.

No, actually it is a beginning, the previous continuity still exists as explained by the convergence event, the new 52 is just another reality, an alternate one (now the main one) with a different beginning, basically the Flash just switched realities.

But the Pre-New 52 Flash switched realities, and the creation of the New 52 hinged entirely on his experiences. To me, that indicates that it isn't really a beginning, as its very existence is dependent on the events of the original DCU.

But the Pre-New 52 Flash switched realities, and the creation of the New 52 hinged entirely on his experiences. To me, that indicates that it isn't really a beginning, as its very existence is dependent on the events of the original DCU.

How's that not a new beginning anyway? It's literally a reboot of the continuity.

How can it be a beginning if its existence is dependent on prior events? You can't have "before the beginning," so, therefore, it's not the beginning; the beginning of the New 52 is still the original continuity.

How can it be a beginning if its existence is dependent on prior events? You can't have "before the beginning," so, therefore, it's not the beginning; the beginning of the New 52 is still the original continuity.

The fact that it's beginning depends on the flashpoint event doesn't mean it's not a beginning, it's simple, if something didn't use to exist, and then it came into being, then there has to be a beginning.

Back