Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11.-Tommy-Lee-Jones-Batman-Forever.gif

Damn, did I ever hate that ****ing song when it was popular. Would certainly fit in Man of Steel. Hopefully Snyder will rectify this oversight, and have this blaring during the credits to Superman V. Batman.

Even with a lot of good counter-arguments MOS will forever be associated with the mocking nickname of 'Hopeman', evilness, mass destruction and death. It has been too funny to just drop.

I don't understand the hate for the first Man of steel Superman movie I enjoyed it better than Disney's avengers

I liked it too. I just chose not to deconstruct it to pieces. It was good entertainment.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true. Much humour has been gleaned.
M-must. not. get. baited. :gah:

In all seriousness though, I can see some people still honestly associate it like that, but every time it's people who only watched the movie once, didn't pay any attention and are just following the memes :lol

Even hate threads for MoS on 4chan don't last long, and 4chan loves hate threads :lol

I don't understand the hate for the first Man of steel Superman movie I enjoyed it better than Disney's avengers
I think it's a couple of things. First, the story is convoluted (Codex!!!!!) and was ill-paced, the drama/dialog/relationship building doesn't work for many, and the humor was ineffectual and forced. Some might argue that it's just not a well made film, beyond the great videogame-type action and fact that many characters looked really good

But secondly, many took issue with the tone, feeling it was inappropriate for a character that, over his history, was meant to really embody an aspirational optimism. The colors were washed out, the tone was generally grim, there was a weird suicide by tornado, mass civilian casualties, decapitations, and the hero ending the film by killing his enemy with his bare hands and then thumbing his nose at the human authority.

I think that's it in a nutshell. But damn if Snyder can't put a great action scene together. He can also orchestrate a movie trailer like nobody else's business. Mad propz for that.

Those are very good valid points. I just think with the success of the dark Knight trilogy there was no other option but to go dark and gritty for today's moviegoers. Hey Christopher Reeve Superman was great for the 80s and 90s but I think would be to goody two shoes for today's society.

I think that's the perspective Warner Brothers took. For me, it works for Batman, and it works for Suicide Squad, but isn't right for Superman. I think you take Singer's film, inject it with some of Snyder's action sensibilities, take away the stupid baby angle, and it could have rivaled any other comic movie made over the last decade. But that's just me. Lots of fans are into it, and it will probably work better for the Dark Knight Returns-type story we're apparently getting next. Plus, they're bringing on a more legitimately talented writer this time, so hopefully that will help things.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true. Much humour has been gleaned.

I think it's a couple of things. First, the story is convoluted (Codex!!!!!) and was ill-paced, the drama/dialog/relationship building doesn't work for many, and the humor was ineffectual and forced. Some might argue that it's just not a well made film, beyond the great videogame-type action and fact that many characters looked really good

But secondly, many took issue with the tone, feeling it was inappropriate for a character that, over his history, was meant to really embody an aspirational optimism. The colors were washed out, the tone was generally grim, there was a weird suicide by tornado, mass civilian casualties, decapitations, and the hero ending the film by killing his enemy with his bare hands and then thumbing his nose at the human authority.

M-must. not. get. baited. :gah:

Right about now, I can can just imagine Gaspar :lol

FVNRWUh.gif

wdJXuuS.gif

Back