Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dark and gritty is too much of a label, it's serious, sure, but it's nowhere near being dark and gritty, to me it's got all the mood of a Kingdom Come or a Justice type story, which works perfectly for DC.

I think we can all agree on putting the blame on Goyer for all the stupid stuff in it, I mean that tornado and kiss scenes are genuinely grotesque, and it's totally something Goyer would do, but for some reason people decide to put all the blame on Snyder, but it's a genuinely well directed, edited and visually beautiful movie.

Thank god Goyer is no longer the main man in charge of the script, and that's a huge upgrade because Snyder in my opinion has the right visual style for DC.

Right about now, I can can just imagine Gaspar :lol

FVNRWUh.gif

wdJXuuS.gif
:lol

1374442061712.png

I think (hope) that Gaspar just ignores my posts in this thread at this point :lol We just aren't going to agree on this one.
Dude, we're way past that :lol you can state your opinion in peace :duff

Even with a lot of good counter-arguments MOS will forever be associated with the mocking nickname of 'Hopeman', evilness, mass destruction and death. It has been too funny to just drop.

Yeah, I imagine that I'd still enjoy it if I watched it all the way through but man, there's just SO MUCH ammo for ridicule.

"Look at the radar, Zod is approaching!"

austin-powers-the-spy-who-shagged-me-0.jpg

:lol

I think it's a couple of things. First, the story is convoluted (Codex!!!!!) and was ill-paced, the drama/dialog/relationship building doesn't work for many, and the humor was ineffectual and forced. Some might argue that it's just not a well made film, beyond the great videogame-type action and fact that many characters looked really good

But secondly, many took issue with the tone, feeling it was inappropriate for a character that, over his history, was meant to really embody an aspirational optimism. The colors were washed out, the tone was generally grim, there was a weird suicide by tornado, mass civilian casualties, decapitations, and the hero ending the film by killing his enemy with his bare hands and then thumbing his nose at the human authority.

I think that's it in a nutshell. But damn if Snyder can't put a great action scene together. He can also orchestrate a movie trailer like nobody else's business. Mad propz for that.

Well summised.

Why Superman Returns pisses on it from a great height for me also.

It's why I despise the term "man cave" so much. Some dudebro did not do much thinkin' before declaring his space. :lol

I think it's a couple of things. First, the story is convoluted (Codex!!!!!) and was ill-paced, the drama/dialog/relationship building doesn't work for many, and the humor was ineffectual and forced. Some might argue that it's just not a well made film, beyond the great videogame-type action and fact that many characters looked really good

But secondly, many took issue with the tone, feeling it was inappropriate for a character that, over his history, was meant to really embody an aspirational optimism. The colors were washed out, the tone was generally grim, there was a weird suicide by tornado, mass civilian casualties, decapitations, and the hero ending the film by killing his enemy with his bare hands and then thumbing his nose at the human authority.

I think that's it in a nutshell. But damn if Snyder can't put a great action scene together. He can also orchestrate a movie trailer like nobody else's business. Mad propz for that.
Best review I've read of MOS.

The Pa Kent sean really didn't bug me because to me it was showing that no matter what you have to protect your family. In essence he sacrificed himself to keep his son secret. I hear the tornado lifted up Mr. Kent and dropped him off in South Dakota where he is happily dancing with the wolves! [emoji7]

The Pa Kent sean really didn't bug me because to me it was showing that no matter what you have to protect your family. In essence he sacrificed himself to keep his son secret. I hear the tornado lifted up Mr. Kent and dropped him off in South Dakota where he is happily dancing with the wolves! [emoji7]

Oh now you've done it. You've put a different spin on it.

hqdefault.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Pa Kent died for a dog, not his family. I used to think it was stupid, but then I saw a guy in the news who risked his life saving a dog, and it wasn't even his pet. That's when I realized that people's love for dogs is irrational and stupid, so as stupid as the tornado scene was, I now think it's believable, except that Clark could have saved the dog, but maybe he didn't have his super-speed yet, just his strength.

Look at the poetry of it all Mr. Kent made a moral decision and sacrificed himself for his family and sons secret. At the end of the movie Clark Kent/Superman made a moral decision as humanity's father to stop Zod. It mirrored the love for others and the sacrifices deemed necessary for survival. It's beautiful and classic story telling !

( mr. Kent went back for the dog but did not think he would be in peril. Once the situation escalated he did not want his son to reveal his secret, he didn't sacrifice himself for the dog situation just got more grand)

I don't dislike the sentiment behind the scene, but the scene was poorly executed because everybody who's seen the movie can tell there's a million ways Clark could've saved his father without anyone finding out his secret identity, for starters, he's super fast, he's super strong, and everybody on that scene were just strangers on the highway, who could've discovered his identity even if he saved his father in front of everybody? :lol

Pa Kent died for a dog, not his family. I used to think it was stupid, but then I saw a guy in the news who risked his life saving a dog, and it wasn't even his pet. That's when I realized that people's love for dogs is irrational and stupid, so as stupid as the tornado scene was, I now think it's believable, except that Clark could have saved the dog, but maybe he didn't have his super-speed yet, just his strength.

I would totally save my dogs you insensitive monster!!!

Back