Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, on a side note, there was a lot more wrong about Jedi than those Ewoks. I love Star Wars, but it really felt like it was getting into parody territory.

My favorite part :lol Oh, yeah, there's a bunch of terrible stuff in ROTJ. Too bad the original trilogy ended with such lousy film :(

DqIuy5I.gif

Zero regrets how it turned out.

Yea, I like how Daredevil turned out, but come on the vision he had for Daredevil looks pretty cool, and very original for a superhero movie.

@pturtle That looked like it would be the greatest comic book movie ever! I finally finished the Daredevil series last night, and it was good but, man, does that look amazing! Charlie Cox would be excellent at that role though. He was absolutely perfect casting as Daredevil! It's got to be the best casting for a superhero lead since Downey, but unfortunately, I don't think everyone holds up. Then again, the script might have contributed to some of my underwhelming feelings. I've seen a lot of praise for Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin, but something seems off about it to me—almost like I'm watching a cartoon. Foggy's character seems like something from the soap opera teen-superhero CW shows, which I think it's both the writing and the casting.

I am a Daredevil fan, but there's a lot of filler which makes me a bit inclined to say that Iron Man is still the best thing Marvel has done. There's scenes in this Daredevil scene I like more for sure, but I don't know if I can say it's better if I take everything into consideration. That Iron Monger scene was pretty inconsistent with the rest of the film's quality—just being the typical comic book movie cliche boss battle—but the rest is solid. I remember the second episode of Daredevil being great, especially with that hallway fight, but it takes till about episode 7 to get it's footing back, and then the last 2 episodes were kind of run of the mill. The show never got bad or anything, but I don't think it's got it's mojo yet. I think it will get there though! I don't know who the Defenders are, but I'm looking forward to that more than the Marvel studios movies.

I love Marvel, but I wish they would do something like that concept trailer you posted, and let the film-producers be artists, rather than mere entertainers. Then again, I understand the business perspective, which is why novels are still considered the highest art form for story-telling. I really should read more though! I would actually prefer DC and Marvel to get into novels because of that very reason. It would be SO much cheaper too! I'm completely done buying comics because it's so inconvenient (space, time, money).

Also, on a side note, there was a lot more wrong about Jedi than those Ewoks. I love Star Wars, but it really felt like it was getting into parody territory.

Man, I agree with everything you said, all the way down to Return of the Jedi.

Maybe once the whole shared universe thing gets played out, we'll start getting some real quality superhero films again.

Believe me it wasn't, I've been in this and MoS threads since the start and got into countless arguments with Nam, and I nagged him to death for a quote and he could never provide one.

I believe people in here saying it wouldn't work though.

Oh I didn't mean in this thread, I meant in here globally like these forums themselves. While the direct quotes are hard to find, Nolan made the decision to avoid The Justice League way back in 2005

Nolan: I don’t think our Batman, our Gotham, lends itself to that kind of cross-fertilization. It goes back to one of the first things we wrangled with when we first started putting the story together: Is this a world in which comic books already exist? Is this a world in which superheroes already exist? If you think of "Batman Begins" and you think of the philosophy of this character trying to reinvent himself as a symbol, we took the position — we didn’t address it directly in the film, but we did take the position philosophically — that superheroes simply don’t exist. If they did, if Bruce knew of Superman or even of comic books, then that’s a completely different decision that he’s making when he puts on a costume in an attempt to become a symbol. It’s a paradox and a conundrum, but what we did is go back to the very original concept and idea of the character. In his first appearances, he invents himself as a totally original creation.

Christopher Nolan says his Batman doesn’t play well with others | Hero Complex – movies, comics, pop culture – Los Angeles Times

So from BB to TDKR we had a Batman that would never interact with another superhero. That's where George Miller's Justice League came from as a way to have them concurrently running as if they were different "Earths." Everyone at WB towed this line because it made sense. You aren't going to argue with Nolan when his film is making a billion dollars at the box office. Once he stepped away they redid it.

We can't escape the fact that WB has the rights to ALL of their characters and could have done this back in the 80s if they wanted with Batman and Superman running around together but didn't. WB took the idea to have standalones, it wasn't until Marvel cross-pollunated that all of sudden now DC wants to as well. The problem is that DC want Justice League NOW and doesn't want to wait to develop slowly like Marvel. This film might as well be called "The Justice League prequel" especially since they've said that Man of Steel will get a proper sequel later on after this.

Really though we are arguing semantics of who said what and when because now we're dealing with a shared universe or the attempts at one and fingers crossed that it works.

Nolan's Batman effectively put a stop to a shared universe because he didn't want one....we're circling here. Let's just agree to hope this movie is good and that it kickstarts a DCCU with a ton of DC Heroes running around. :duff

I love the DC universe just as much as Marvel. Back in the 80's one of my favorite reads was Firestorm, and that's what bugs me the most about DC. After the success of the first Christopher Reeve Superman movie a new DC movie should have come out every year. The fact that Antman has a movie before the Atom is baffling. Time warner has been making movies for decades and the financial return of the ZKeaton Batman should reinforced the viability for more superhero movies. But they didn't. Marvel sold the rights to their A-team heroes- Spidey, X-men, Fantastic Four, and still managed to cap something that DC never could, but always had the means of doing, creating a movie universe for their heroes. Where Marvel started slowly one at a time DC is playing catch up and releasing a whole bunch at once. To seek more attention for this slow move TW is casting more recognizable actors to their films and bringing together the two characters who have had the most success seperately. The only hair in their plan that I can see is the direction the DC films are going. Creating a dark and gritty universe for heroes who have always come from a more positive and accepting setting than Marvel is really taking a gamble.

As do I. It sucks ass that my Podunk town doesn't have an IMAX theater, or I'd absolutely be showing up for that ****.

I'll only gonna say this once. - ****** Marvel.

Just kidding. I still like Marvel. But DC always wins my heart.

Back