Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my figures/statues collecting pals, whose taste in films is close to mine, liked it. Good to hear.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe the government and Arkham staff got to Joker, Harley Quinn and the like before Batman could? Locked them away only for them to break out of maximum security prison in time for Suicide Squad?

yeah strangers on the internet who review a movie are going to make up my mind...not to see it. I've heard it all now...

Gee, it's as if people are looking at the response of folks with similar interests to determine whether or nor they'll see a movie or buy a game. Strange thing indeed... You know, I sacrificed my whole evening for this movie. I should've been at home doing physics, but since tomorrow in a national holiday, I decided to "cheat" and go to the movie. Not everyone has the same luxury. Reviews, at leas from like-minded people are essential. Dunno what's so strange about that...

Thanks Darth Kotstis for the review

WW brief appearance :pfft:

No problem! After years and years, I had to write down my thoughts. As for WW, he appearance is brief, but she's great in it. Her score is like something out of 300.

One of my figures/statues collecting pals, whose taste in films is close to mine, liked it. Good to hear.

Dunno if this is about my review or not, but anyway: I hated the bad parts, but I loved the good parts (read, not Snyder's), so I guess you can say I "liked" it. It's not the best foundation for a new universe, but it's... well, not good enough, rather, adequete. The good parts are great, so you can build off of them.

Dunno if this is about my review or not...
Sorry, I meant the guy from my city who I know personally. :lol

It's not the best foundation for a new universe, but...
As soon as it was clear that their expanded cinematic universe is a continuation of MoS I knew I wouldn't care for these movies as a DC fan. But I'm still interested to see them as a film fan.

Has this been posted yet ? :lol

f96e7fab95a299a50e5ce01aea970da2.jpg

ba4531207185af14a8907d07997edf0e.jpg

Is this what Ezra Miller looks like in the film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After everyone sees it please come back and talk to me about the first dream Batman has. Since when I saw it I can't figure it out

Every time I see Ezra , I just picture him from Trainwreck

It seems my 2 previous posts got lost somehow. 3rd time's charm.

I was really relieved that I liked it... a lot... The minors for me were the climactic fight between Wonder Woman & Doomsday (read Moria cave troll). It felt forced. They could just have introduced WW as her alter ego; nothing more. I wasn't too fond Batman's "code" during the batmobile chase but later on I didn't mind because of the circumstances. (Without spoiling too much.)
I do understand the critics although they were/are very harsh in their marks. It isn't for the main audience,sure...
I, as a long time fan of the tv/movie/game-branch of DC, am very happy with the end result. I didn't understand all the negativity for MoS either. Yes, both movies have too much explosions near the end but that's just the director's style, no?

Has this been posted yet ? :lol

f96e7fab95a299a50e5ce01aea970da2.jpg

ba4531207185af14a8907d07997edf0e.jpg

Is this what Ezra Miller looks like in the film?

Is he prepping for the Live-Action Ken-Doll movie? BvS Flash looks like Snyder just called Miller while he was home chilling and was all "yeah, we kinda need to shoe-horn you in the movie, so could you come by the set?" and Ezra was like "um, I'm not even in the character's clothe's man...". To which Snyder probably replied "it's gonna be fixed with Snyder-Vision, don't worry". Seriously though, from the little dialogue he had, he did sound like Barry. But he's not-shaven, dark-haired and has a ponytail if you're asking about his "street clothes" look.

After everyone sees it please come back and talk to me about the first dream Batman has. Since when I saw it I can't figure it out

Which one?

Spoiler Spoiler:

This movie had so many dreams, it might as well had been Sandman! :lol

Dk, your review has me very nervous to see this tonight, but bloody hell didn't I go and pre order tickets two days ago :slap

...trudging off to waste 2.5 hours :lol

Shame it's probably not happening now that JGL left. Damn WB...

On a sidenote, wallet willing, I'm in for the Wonder Woman and Batman dollies. Superman, Doomsday, Luthor and the Batmobile are of no relevance to me. But Wonder Woman and Batman are bought! If I manage to raise so much cash that is... Damn taxes and Tsipras!!!

BATMAN v SUPERMAN Director Zack Snyder Reveals Who Assembles The Team In JUSTICE LEAGUE

Looks like Snyder is definitely here to stay. Starts shooting JL in a few week.

I'm actually happy he's here to stay, I want to him to redeem himself.

" Bruce [Wayne] is having to go out and sort of ‘Seven Samurai’ the Justice League together"

Now see, I actually like that. That sounds like a cool premise for the movie and a little more interesting than having Samuel Jackson pop up after the credits for each solo movie.

That is a good idea that I could get behind even though I don't care about the Justice League. Executing it though? Eh, we'll see.

The Lois Lane is the key dream

Honestly, I have no clue. At all. It's time-travel within a dream. Dunno how the hell that works. Maybe Flash has now mastered dimension-hopping? Who the F knows, truth be told. That scene makes 0 sense.

BATMAN v SUPERMAN Director Zack Snyder Reveals Who Assembles The Team In JUSTICE LEAGUE

Looks like Snyder is definitely here to stay. Starts shooting JL in a few week.

I'm actually happy he's here to stay, I want to him to redeem himself.

He didn't redeem himself with MoS. He didn't redeem himself with BvS. The critics are slamming him. The audience is slamming him. All he does is throw shade and never admits his mistakes. No, he can GTFO and let somebody else who actually knows these characters, or at least can do a better damn job, take charge. He's had enough chances.

Dk, your review has me very nervous to see this tonight, but bloody hell didn't I go and pre order tickets two days ago :slap

...trudging off to waste 2.5 hours :lol

It's kinda boring, but time flies. It definitely doesn't feel like it's so long.

Just came back from BvS and I really, really liked it.
It's a great movie. Better than most MCU movies, and more fun to watch than the Nolan trilogy.

There's a couple of things that had me scratching my head, but nothing that ruined the movie in any way.

All four main characters did a great job:
Luthor was quite an interesting maniac, and the hints at his troubled past were enough to give you some insight into the man.
Superman/Clark Kent was nicely developed and the character's arc was solid and interesting to watch.
Wonder Woman was mysterious and pulled off that haughty royalty thing perfectly, as well as a certain world weariness, you can tell that there is much more depth to her.
Batman/Bruce Wayne was excellent as the bitter, resentful man who sees darkness and deceit everywhere.
Special mention to Alfred, who with just a few sarcastic lines projected more love for Bruce than Caine's doddering old fool.

The action sequences were great, most notably Batman's. Superman fell a bit more into the by now usual super-human fight cliché, but the man had his cool moments. Wonder Woman looked fantastic when in kick ass mode.

I loved the music! Some very unusual pieces sprinkled among the usual heroic themes.

Cinematography was great, there were some truly beautiful moments, Snyder really does have a wonderful aesthetic.

The story itself was great; even though it felt a bit choppy at times, it never felt dull and I think Snyder handled the plot lines and the dual perspectives of Batman and Superman quite well. It wasn't an esay thing to pull off. The only parts that I felt were a bit over indulgent were the nightmare sequences, but I think that once we go into Justice League, they will be more relevant. The ending was great, I thought it was truly emotional and you could tell the audience had really been caught up in the story and characters.

So what were my issues?

I felt that Batman's crusade against Superman was a bit too forced. I couldn't quite follow him. He felt a bit too fanatical leading into the final showdown against Superman.
The main antagonist's creation felt a bit rushed, but with so much going on, it's hard to think how more time and explanation could have been given to it.

So, overall, I think it's a fantastic comic book movie and it's the kind of superhero movie I wanted to see. Unlike the fun Marvel movies, here I actually felt the heros were in danger, I felt they could get hurt, that the stakes were high.

If the critics are still bashing the hell out of this then I can only shake my head and wonder...

Back