Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

BUT He's no longer working on the film, as Far As i understand it?

Besides, getting paid to do a story dosn't mean much..
Kevin Smith Got paid to do a superman story. it never materilzed.

BUT He's no longer working on the film, as Far As i understand it?

Besides, getting paid to do a story dosn't mean much..
Kevin Smith Got paid to do a superman story. it never materilzed.

What i heard the script was done story and screenplay done by Goyer they brought in the argo writer to fix the screenplay which in result I think anyway is a page one rewrite which maybe Goyer is not part of.

WB needs to wise up, and drop Goyer regardless....
He's going to make this whole thing fall apart.

Batfleck KNOWS what he's doing....
Trust him.

I'd have to LOL if it all collapsed after the huge hype they made of it.

Why not laugh now at the absurdity of every rumor and press release, then just laugh harder when they ****can the whole goddam thing because WB is extremely incompetent when it comes to their live-action DC franchises? :lol

If even any of that is true, I'd say that WB are morons if Affleck is the one they were going to ask to "bow out gracefully."

That's true. But isn't Goyer already gone?
If he's not, he NEEDS to be. He's about as wrong as possible for DC comic movies.

It would be like hiring stephen king or george RR martin to write the next disney children's film.

None of them are bad writers, but their style is wrong for this.

I disagree with that! His style was perfect for Batman! I think that Marvel movies are fun and cool blockbusters, but ultimately, they're very shallow, just awesomely entertaining. I think that the Batman trilogy had just the right tone. Of course, I'll also agree that, despite my liking MOS, it was much less intellectual. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I agree that MOS wasn't a Superman movie. superman only really starts with the next installment!

If even any of that is true, I'd say that WB are morons if Affleck is the one they were going to ask to "bow out gracefully."

Too true.

Whether or not winning two oscars means anything to anyone personally, the fact of the matter is that Ben has more than anybody involved with this film.

They need to lose not only Goyer, but Snyder also. They're the weak links.

This reminds me of Bryan Singer saying that his sequel to SR was going to be his, "Wrath of Khan". That was all well and good, but what he obviously forgot was that WOK was light years better than ST:TMP was because they brought in a whole new production team.

That's probably what they should do here, but probably won't.

I disagree with that! His style was perfect for Batman! I think that Marvel movies are fun and cool blockbusters, but ultimately, they're very shallow, just awesomely entertaining. I think that the Batman trilogy had just the right tone. Of course, I'll also agree that, despite my liking MOS, it was much less intellectual. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I agree that MOS wasn't a Superman movie. superman only really starts with the next installment!

Disagree all you like, but you're partly mistaken.

Goyer's style was pretty good for batman, however, he failed to have batman live up to what he needed to be.
In short, his style captured the SETTING of Batman, but missed the ESSENCE of the character.

Batman Begins : Good origin story PERFECT place to build from
Dark Knight: No real development for batman, no evolution of the character. Was more a joker movie than a batman film. Still pretty good, however.

But then we get to TDKR, and things just don't hold up. it wasn't a good batman or bane film. he missed the mark on what makes Batman work by a WIDE margin, squandering a great opportunity.

He missed the mark EVEN FURTHER in MOS. MOS was just as big a mess as Green lantern.

Affleck, on the other hand, has a GREAT grasp of the essence of what makes Batman work as a character. He's the one that needs to be trusted.

I agree the Nolan Trilogy had the Right tone. But the characters themselves is what missed the mark. I don't know that I'd go so far as to call the Marvel films Shallow. They're a little simple in plot at some points, but then, they're doing what NEEDS to be done.

EMBRACING the fact that they're comic book films, not hiding from it.

Yes it was, but you're operating under the assumption that he wrote those three movies by himself. He didn't. Chris and Johnathan Nolan worked on them also. Nobody except them know how much of his contributions were in the final product.

The Batman trilogy might have had the right tone, this film didn't.

Why should they get another chance to screw it up?

Why not ask Affleck he just won best picture Goyer is awful.

That makes no sense. If he wants to leave, why fight him, they want to keep a good relationship with him for down the road, not make an enemy of someone who is a hot commodity at the moment.

None of this surprises me, if Affleck is the Batfan hes reported to be, anyone with half a brain should have known he would have problems with a **** hack like Goyer writing this.

Snyder looks like a great director when he has a clear plan of a great story to follow, he did it with both 300 and Watchmen as a template, but he needs a strong template, hes not going to get that with Goyer and I don't think hes a strong enough director to know when hes following a bad template.

I don't think I'll be surprised by any announcements, who knows what WB are going to do next, I don't think they know themselves. It makes me wonder why they're scrambling so hard, maybe MoS is turning out to be as bad as Returns?

Goyer's style was pretty good for batman, however, he failed to have batman live up to what he needed to be.
In short, his style captured the SETTING of Batman, but missed the ESSENCE of the character.

Dark Knight: No real development for batman, no evolution of the character. Was more a joker movie than a batman film. Still pretty good, however.

But then we get to TDKR, and things just don't hold up. it wasn't a good batman or bane film. he missed the mark on what makes Batman work by a WIDE margin, squandering a great opportunity.

He missed the mark EVEN FURTHER in MOS. MOS was just as big a mess as Green lantern.

Affleck, on the other hand, has a GREAT grasp of the essence of what makes Batman work as a character. He's the one that needs to be trusted.

I agree the Nolan Trilogy had the Right tone. But the characters themselves is what missed the mark. I don't know that I'd go so far as to call the Marvel films Shallow. They're a little simple in plot at some points, but then, they're doing what NEEDS to be done.

Great post.

Too true again.

And again, why should they get a second chance to screw it up?

Regardless of how people personally feel about MOS, the fact is it not only underperformed, but it's reputation is ****. So why would you put the same team on it?

At this point you have to keep the cast because rebooting is not an option. The actors, for better or worse, have to stay on to keep consistancy.

So who's left? The director and screenwriter of a movie that wasn't well received, or the guy that has two oscars who the studio wants to work with in the future.

It's pretty obvious who should be in and who should be out.

Too true again.

Regardless of how people personally feel about MOS, the fact is it not only underperformed, but it's reputation is ****. So why would you put the same team on it?

At this point you have to keep the cast because rebooting is not an option. The actors, for better or worse, have to stay on to keep consistancy.

So who's left? The director and screenwriter of a movie that wasn't well received, and the guy who has two oscars who the studio wants to work with in the future.

It's pretty be obvious who should be in and who should be out

I would guess that Goyer isn't willing to "bow out" of his contract, otherwise as much as WB wants Affleck right now, they'd probably have him thrown out head first. :lol

Too true again.

So who's left? The director and screenwriter of a movie that wasn't well received, or the guy who has two oscars who the studio wants to work with in the future.

It's pretty obvious who should be in and who should be out.

Another great post .

Back