Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

I would guess that Goyer isn't willing to "bow out" of his contract, otherwise as much as WB wants Affleck right now, they'd probably have him thrown out head first. :lol

Have Ben do it, he could probably whoop Goyer's ***.

I would guess that Goyer isn't willing to "bow out" of his contract, otherwise as much as WB wants Affleck right now, they'd probably have him thrown out head first. :lol

So, The problem.. is Goyer is contracted to work on Those films?

That's fine. he can be the janitor for the sets.

I don't get why if that's the hold-up, they'd just have him write some bull****, pay his *** and send him packing. It's not like they haven't done that already with all the DC properties at one point or another. Smith's Superman is a prime example.

The rumors being carried by one single non-reliable source I've never heard of. No other legit outlets are saying anything remotely like Affleck is thinking of walking.

I don't get why if that's the hold-up, they'd just have him write some bull****, pay his *** and send him packing. It's not like they haven't done that already with all the DC properties at one point or another. Smith's Superman is a prime example.

Seriously, pay him, let his name appear in the credits, and then feverishly rewrite everything he put down on paper as he's headed for the door.

HA!

Odds are, he would probably screw that up too.

In all seriousness though, Him and Snyder most likely have pay or play contracts, so they'll cash in even if they're not involved with the production.

Back in the 90's Tim Burton was paid 5 mill for his involvement wth the Superman film, Nic Cage was paid 20 mill, and they accomplished nothing more than some costume fittings and conceptual drawings. I'm sure WB doesn't want to go through that again.

Still, it might pay off for WB in the end if they had to ride that road. This film could not only screw the pooch on Superman's rep more than MOS already has, but take Batman down as well.

Seriously, pay him, let his name appear in the credits, and then feverishly rewrite everything he put down on paper as he's headed for the door.

:goodpost:

And its not like its unheard of to have this happen in Hollywood as Nam said, it just makes me wonder how tightly Goyer has his lips around certain nads at WB, seems like a no brainer to me too.

That makes no sense. If he wants to leave, why fight him, they want to keep a good relationship with him for down the road, not make an enemy of someone who is a hot commodity at the moment.

None of this surprises me, if Affleck is the Batfan hes reported to be, anyone with half a brain should have known he would have problems with a **** hack like Goyer writing this.

Snyder looks like a great director when he has a clear plan of a great story to follow, he did it with both 300 and Watchmen as a template, but he needs a strong template, hes not going to get that with Goyer and I don't think hes a strong enough director to know when hes following a bad template.

I don't think I'll be surprised by any announcements, who knows what WB are going to do next, I don't think they know themselves. It makes me wonder why they're scrambling so hard, maybe MoS is turning out to be as bad as Returns?

I think it is kind of hilarious that, 100 thousand people signed online to get Affleck to leave the project, while not one person ever did that for Goyer.
Now those angry people online are getting their wish come true. And the irony here is that Affleck could have probably saved this project to begin with.

Do people in general not know that Goyer is hurting all these projects? Do people even know he exists?

Probably because, while they need to have a good relationship with Affleck for future projects, They probably don't want to lose their "Comic Book" guy (Goyer)

It's kinda like when your mechanic does a really crappy job on your car and it's not the best guy to work on it, but you don't know any other mechanics around and you have a friendship with the crappy guy, so you just stick with him :lol

:goodpost:

And its not like its unheard of to have this happen in Hollywood as Nam said, it just makes me wonder how tightly Goyer has his lips around certain nads at WB, seems like a no brainer to me too.

I'm sure that if WB take's Goyer's BvS script and remove all the phrases that start with "and then Superman angrily murders..." and all references to terraforming and gene-splicing they'd probably be left with maybe two sentences of dialogue max. Let someone else work with that.

I think it is kind of hilarious that, 100 thousand people signed online to get Affleck to leave the project, while not one person ever did that for Goyer.
Now those angry people online are getting their wish come true. And the irony here is that Affleck could have probably saved this project to begin with.

Do people in general not know that Goyer is hurting all these projects? Do people even know he exists?

200_s.gif

Hes "the guy" that directed those Blade movies isn't he? :lol

Death Warrant (1990)
Demonic Toys (1992)
The Puppet Masters (1994)
The Crow: City of Angels (1996)
Dark City (1998)
Blade (1998)
Zig Zag (2002)
Blade II (2002)
Blade: Trinity (2004)
Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys (2004)
Batman Begins (2005) story and screenplay
Jumper (2008)
The Dark Knight (2008) story
The Unborn (2009)
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2012) story
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) story
Man of Steel (2013)

all the movies he did story in pretty horrible

Gal Gadot for three films.

https://www.superherohype.com/news/288435-gal-gadots-wonder-woman-contract-covers-three-films

Last edited:

Death Warrant (1990)
Demonic Toys (1992)
Dark City (1998)
Blade (1998)
Zig Zag (2002)
Blade II (2002)
Jumper (2008)
The Unborn (2009)
Man of Steel (2013)

https://www.superherohype.com/news/288435-gal-gadots-wonder-woman-contract-covers-three-films

Wow, that's one ****ty resume.

So they're going ahead with using her for WW, huh? Wow again.

It really amazes me that WB/DC would let BA walk for the sake of keeping Goyer, Snyder and Godat. Unbelievable.

What the real shame here is, that if they want to use GG so badly, she probably would be a much better Lois Lane.

Death Warrant (1990)
Demonic Toys (1992)
Dark City (1998)
Blade (1998)
Zig Zag (2002)
Blade II (2002)
Jumper (2008)
The Unborn (2009)
Man of Steel (2013)

To be fair, those are only writing credits (which likely explains why some of those aren't bad movies). We don't know to what extent he was involved, nor how much his work was modified.

And Gal Gadot for only 3? They clearly don't have much faith in the "franchise." :lol

I hope it's fake, but I would certainly want Affleck to stay and Goyer and Gadot go, but if it's possible, Snyder to stay as well.

Also, about Gadot's contract, they can add more movies later you know? I believe RDJ had only 3 or 4 to begin with and he was in doubt for more, but now that's been green-lighted.

And also to be fair, Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys was off the chain! Arguably Corey Feldman's best performance of his career, which is saying something.

I hope it's fake, but I would certainly want Affleck to stay and Goyer and Gadot go, but if it's possible, Snyder to stay as well.

Also, about Gadot's contract, they can add more movies later you know? I believe RDJ had only 3 or 4 to begin with and he was in doubt for more, but now that's been green-lighted.

Think RDJ was 5 movies then he signed on for the two more avengers movies.

Back