Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Technically, I give the credit for all of this to Blade. It was the first comic film that tried to be fairly seriously as a dramatic action film (Superman had too much whimsy for that; Punisher had too much of a DTV/B-movie vibe), without being an surrealistic romp (Batman/Batman Returns). But X-Men was the first mainstream comic franchise to do that. As revolutionary as they ended up being, putting Nolan in charge of Batman was a natural extension of putting a respected director like Bryan Singer in charge of comic films.

Yup, Blade kicked off the current comic book movie wave after Batman and Robin killed it.

Well I do give X-Men a lot of credit, but my point is I don't know if Fox would have had the balls to do a straightforward X-Men film if Blade didn't show them that it could be done well, and could draw an audience (relatively speaking). Before that, the only franchises studios would even dare to attempt making into big budget Hollywood movies were the biggest comic characters in existence. And even then, X-Men had an aversion to some of the more "comic booky" stuff like colorful costumes. It's easy to forget how unlikely it seemed back in the day (i.e., the '90s) that we would ever get comic movies that appealed to genuine comic geeks. They just weren't done. So Blade setting that precedent was HUGE IMO. Blade is primarily a comic action film IMO, though it's obviously got a horror theme. Blade still is a high point for how action can be done in comic films IMO.

Blade still holds up very well.

Blade still holds up very well.

Imo, the original Blade is still better than several of the Xmen movies, all the Fantastic Four movies, Superman Returns, Hulk and even a couple of the modern MCU movies. The movie was just badass.

So by the time Batman vs. Superman's theatrical run is over, Spring will just be ending. It won't be around for the Summer season.

Wut.

I'm still in shock they moved it to ****ing MARCH. :lol

Who dafuq moves the biggest cbm of all time to MARCH!

That Racoon did some serious damage. :lol

Oh well, I guess if Cap2 can open big in April, BvS can do it in March.

Last edited:

Blade convinced the suits, X-Men convinced Marvel Fans, BB convinced DC Fans, Iron Man convinced the world, Avengers convinced the nerd lords, GOTG convinced PETA... No one left to convince?

... ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 138
They should, and they should re-cast Mark Strong as Sinestro.
He looked the part that is for sure I think he did well with the small role he was given.
Yeah, for as much fail as that movie had, what it did right, it did really right, and Sinestro was the ****. :rock
Sinestro in the comics recently is very well written Geoff Johns know Green lantern very well and I think his stories recently added a lot to his back story they need to play that up.

I never liked how he acquired the yellow light it was nothing special. I think DC does a far better job of writing villains I hope they can do the same here.

Blade was the breakthrough marvel film thanks to David Goyer to some sense, heck even the soundtrack was ahead of it's time. I remember the news on how this pushed xmen to the big screen back in the 1999. Why does everyone hate goyer anyways?

His recent rant making fun of comic book fans didn't really help either.

Last edited:

Blade was the breakthrough marvel film thanks to David Goyer to some sense, heck even the soundtrack was ahead of it's time. I remember the news on how this pushed xmen to the big screen back in the 1999. Why does everyone hate goyer anyways?

Blade Trinity

Blade Trinity, dark knight rises, man of steel, ghostrider 2, The Unborn...

do i need to go on? :lol

Google Goyer She-Hulk Martian Manhunter

Back