Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Of the 9 movies to go over 500 million worldwide in 2014, 4 were Marvel properties.

1 Transformers: Age of Extinction Par. $1,080.9
2 Maleficent BV $757.2
3 X-Men: Days of Future Past Fox $746.0
4 Captain America: The Winter Soldier BV $714.1
5 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Sony $709.0
6 Guardians of the Galaxy BV $705.1
7 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Fox $700.4
8 How to Train Your Dragon 2 Fox $614.7
9 Godzilla (2014) WB $525.0

Of the 9 movies to go over 500 million worldwide in 2014, 4 were Marvel properties.

2 Maleficent BV $757.2

Guardians had a huge jump this week, guess they finally opened in China. :lol

2 Maleficent BV $757.2

AoE made over a billion dollars? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

He would've made a great Aquaman.

574787830_l.gif
:lol :lol :lol :yess:

All he needs is 'turbo boost' like his old pal K.I.T.T. :lol

I'm a bit baffled as to how Spider-Man was considered such a failure that their entire strategy gets thrown out the window after only making $700 billion, and being the 5th highest grossing movie of the year. What kinds of expectations must they have had?

I'm a bit baffled as to how Spider-Man was considered such a failure that their entire strategy gets thrown out the window after only making $700 billion, and being the 5th highest grossing movie of the year. What kinds of expectations must they have had?

exorbitant budget, licensing fees, advertising, larger overseas cut which is where it actually scored at, etc.. etc... its been broken down in the movies actual thread, but basically they barely crossed the "we broke even" line. Believe it or not, most studios and investors want some RoI on their money and don't actually care what a movie grosses, just how much money they make. Weird, huh?

Look at it this way if its hard to understand Roi and why they have expectations for movies to be at certain monetary returns...

If I loan you 90 bucks and you give me back 100 the next day and I loan someone else 40 bucks and get back 80 bucks the next day, which person did I make more money from?Do you think its you because you gave me back $100?

Well thanks for not being a **** about it in your response :lol Of course it's about profit, but for anyone to invest so much that grossing more than 95%+ of movies possibly could gross is insufficient seems beyond foolish. Which again comes into expectations. The first movie made around $50 million more, so. . .?

Well thanks for not being a **** about it in your response :lol Of course it's about profit, but for anyone to invest so much that grossing more than 95%+ of movies possibly could gross seems beyond foolish. Which again comes into expectations. The first movie made around $50 million more, so. . .?

I don't understand what I was being a **** or whatever you called me? You seem to think that at X gross, its win. How do you simplify studio time, advertising, investment,Marvel licensing fees, etc, etc... without considering any variables, which all of those were; it seems like you were taking a complex equation and wanting to know a simple answer. At the simplest, its exactly like the money loan I asked you. They needed something like 660 mil to break even. Someone even broke it down at one point and said they only needed 500 mil to break even, but then another poster pointed out that it was nice of every theatre in the world to show it for free...just another variable they had left out in reaching their 500 mil figure.

Google it and the words Motley Fool or Forbes. Both sites do coverage of various blockbusters and their cost breakdowns, it really makes the whole process make alot more sense when you factor in all the variables.

But again, you bring up gross, rather than how much it netted. How do you live? on your gross or your net pay?

*gleeful Jonah Jameson voice* We finally got to em! The power of internet fan complaints triumphs!

Back