Bertie 12" Robots $299 each

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC Bertie was limited to 100.

Yes it was the SDCC Bertie. However, it was an edition of 100 not 50 and they have 40 of those leftover which doesn't bode well for that piece.

When was it raised to 100? When I first thought about ordering it before SDCC, it was limited to 50; I would swear on a Bible it was...

Maybe not for you.

Maybe not for me... I don't get your post? You're regretting buying 2. I'm not regretting not buying... any.

I've been an Ash fan since Tank Girl and Popbot, waited in line at SDCC for almost 2 hours to meet him and to get my stuff signed, and stared at this piece for about an hour in that line. Not worth the $350 price tag, especially not for an edition size of 100 (which was originally 50, Lonnie is correct), and especially not for lack of detail and non exclusive weapons.

I regret buying 2. I would've bought one with no regrets. It's not worth 350.00....to you. It is to me. I would have liked exclusive weapons but the paint job is enough. There. Spelled out.

When was it raised to 100? When I first thought about ordering it before SDCC, it was limited to 50; I would swear on a Bible it was...

Well, all of the web sources I checked said 100, and looking back in this thread they had 59 available on the IDW web site when they first started selling them after SDCC.

Well, all of the web sources I checked said 100, and looking back in this thread they had 59 available on the IDW web site when they first started selling them after SDCC.

When first announced, it was limited to 50. They increased it a few days later. Ash even changed it on his blog.

He probably wishes he left it at 50 now.

Agreed, but heres the funny thing. He really has nothing to do with them past the design aspect.

When we were talking at the con, he said to me, "The robots are really expensive, I can't even manage to afford them all". He also does not see a lot of $ from sales either, unfortunately :(

Agreed, but heres the funny thing. He really has nothing to do with them past the design aspect.

When we were talking at the con, he said to me, "The robots are really expensive, I can't even manage to afford them all". He also does not see a lot of $ from sales either, unfortunately :(

Alright. That guy can DEFINITELY afford them. His original art goes for pretty big bucks and his books seem to sell really well. I also thought he was co-owner of the toy company. Maybe that's the company that made the Nom's and not the Berties. I wouldn't doubt he doesn't see much cash from them if he doesn't have a piece of the production company. I still think Desert Bertie is one of the best factory painted toys I've ever seen and the best from his line. I just like the skull paint job on the exclusive.

Alright. That guy can DEFINITELY afford them. His original art goes for pretty big bucks and his books seem to sell really well. I also thought he was co-owner of the toy company. Maybe that's the company that made the Nom's and not the Berties. I wouldn't doubt he doesn't see much cash from them if he doesn't have a piece of the production company. I still think Desert Bertie is one of the best factory painted toys I've ever seen and the best from his line. I just like the skull paint job on the exclusive.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the design of the zombie ^^^^er. That's my favorite bertie design. I'd buy it if it was say, $250. To me, the brambles will have the same, if not more detail than it does, yet they will be cheaper? That just surprises me. Sure, fewer accessories... but still.

As far as his money, i'm sure as a customer and fan, he's probably not going to be 100% truthful and sincere with me :lol. But, he seemed pretty genuine, and even did the roll of the eyes :lol

Just got my notice from Sideshow Bertie Dirty Deeds is coming in 18 days. And I got my ZVR from IDW on 26th which was my birthday hope to post pics soon.

My ZVR just arrived. Took pics. Love this piece. Will open an SDCC Bertie thread when I post them. Having only one thread for these makes it difficult to sift through pics.

When first announced, it was limited to 50. They increased it a few days later. Ash even changed it on his blog.

Bagels, I think after the NYCC one sold so quick with it's 50, he figured these would jump off that quick too.

I like this one, but the NYCC Dirty Deeds version is way better with the bloody zombie handprints on it!

Still want an SDCC version, just gotta figure out how to get one within the next week!

Back