• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beware buyer/seller BRONXBEAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is a round planet.

:lol :lol :lol

What did u have to drink tonight because I might want some of that next weekend?

To everyone out there that dealt with this guy I'm sorry that he caused you so much trouble and ripped you off from your money.

I think the best solution would be to go to the authorities, Paypal and the CC, before even dealing with the GF, mother etc... It's just a story to cover their troubles. Go straight to the source about getting the money back and don't fall for this backdoor dealings or trade offs...

Lesson to be learned and I think that everyone has their eyes widened a little more about dealing with each other, if it's too good to be true and if the communication even starts to lack even when the member is online all/most of the time, start to have second thoughts about dealing with such an individual.

edit: Thank you P!tu for your great work on the vids once again and keeping the rest of us informed!!!

getting your money back from paypal if you used anything other than a credit card can be tricky and isn't guaranteed. I had problems when I used my debit card on paypal, so now it's CC only. If I have a balance, I deposit it into my bank and then make full payment with credit. If you use your PP balance and then cover the rest with your CC, it just complicates things even further about getting a refund.

However, I think if you keep your cool with PP and explain the criminal activity that took place, you may be able to convince PP to refund your payment from sources other than CC.

Your the ****** for believing this is true. Paypal does not return loss balances. Once again get your facts right before you open your dumb@#$ mouth on this thread.

Well, i got funds back no problem off ebay. by the way, did the scammers girlfriend ever call you and did you ask her out to dinner? You ol' casanova you! :lol

This guy is using every trick in the book to delay you.

Get it taken care of the proper way. don't trade anything, don't even communicate with the guy.

This guy is using every trick in the book to delay you.

Get it taken care of the proper way. don't trade anything, don't even communicate with the guy.

Well he's not delaying me at all..... This asswipe has 9 days to respond to Paypal and the claim I filed. If not, I'll be getting my money back regardless!

getting your money back from paypal if you used anything other than a credit card can be tricky and isn't guaranteed. I had problems when I used my debit card on paypal, so now it's CC only.

Yeah, I think you might be right. I contacted both Paypal and my credit card already. Paypal told me that they would try to recover the funds, but my credit card told me that if Paypal doesn't refund my money within 30 days, call them and they will do a chargeback and I am covered.

I don't have any problems with people contacting this guys girlfriend, mom, aunt, or parole officer; anything to make his life uncomfortable. I know if I have to do a chargeback, once I hand over his email and address to my credit card company, they will escalate it quite a bit. Let's see how much his sick mom likes getting phone calls and collection letters in the mail. Chris, you should tell his "mom" that he should go pawn his collection and start paying us back that way.

Last edited:
getting your money back from paypal if you used anything other than a credit card can be tricky and isn't guaranteed. I had problems when I used my debit card on paypal, so now it's CC only. If I have a balance, I deposit it into my bank and then make full payment with credit. If you use your PP balance and then cover the rest with your CC, it just complicates things even further about getting a refund.

However, I think if you keep your cool with PP and explain the criminal activity that took place, you may be able to convince PP to refund your payment from sources other than CC.

Mesa, I've been wondering on how to transfer funds from my Paypal account back to my bank account, how is this done, just never done it before?

Mesa, I've been wondering on how to transfer funds from my Paypal account back to my bank account, how is this done, just never done it before?

Simple, all you have to do is go to your "My account" page. Then there will be navigational buttons under your My Account tab, and choose "withdraw". Then under that (if you have your bank account set up already) you will have the option to withdraw funds to your back account..... Choose that and the following screens will ask you how much of your paypal balance you wish to transfer to your bank..... Takes about 3-4 business days to arrive to your bank :D

Oh, and BTW guys. His GF has been emailing me here to try and "get my funds back to me"...... I simply told her to cooperate with the Paypal claim I filed, but she says he "closed her account".... :confused:

So how can I file a claim with a closed account????? Doesn't make sense

Simple, all you have to do is go to your "My account" page. Then there will be navigational buttons under your My Account tab, and choose "withdraw". Then under that (if you have your bank account set up already) you will have the option to withdraw funds to your back account..... Choose that and the following screens will ask you how much of your paypal balance you wish to transfer to your bank..... Takes about 3-4 business days to arrive to your bank :D

:rock right on, never knew about the withdraw function, seems pretty easy. I'll have to do that next time my balance goes positive, I usually just use it all up or what not if there's a balance in my PP account.

:rock right on, never knew about the withdraw function, seems pretty easy. I'll have to do that next time my balance goes positive, I usually just use it all up or what not if there's a balance in my PP account.

DEFINITELY have it transferred to your bank account first, Dave. If you try to pay for an item with the remaining balance in your Paypal account AND you do get "burned" by a seller, you will play heck trying to get that money back, EVEN IF Paypal awards the claim in your favor. They'll send you an email saying (in so many words): "We awarded the outcome in your favor, but unfortunately we are unable to transfer the money to your account at this time. We will try our best to get it, etc., etc., etc." But believe me, only on rare occasions will you see that money.

I've had it happen to me and in my case, I only had a little money in my Paypal account and the rest of the money came from my bank account. Well, after winning my claim, I received all of the money that was taken from my bank account, but the $20 that was used from the original balance in my Paypal account was not able to be recovered. So the lesson is: NEVER pay for an item using your Paypal account that still has a current balance in it -or- pay with your credit card that is linked with your Paypal account.

So did you guys get that email sent to you by his mother? I'm not really gonna bother with it.... Sticking my course

Wa wa What?!? When did the crook's mom get involved? I thought she was sick, now she's writing emails?? :confused::lol:confused:

Do any of you know bxshortylosh01? This person is contacting me and saying that his mom is getting a loan and will be sending money orders in the mail to the victims. Im hesitant to even give out my address after all this thats happened. Is anyone else in contact with this person. i have a feeling its bronxbeast again. They only have 5 posts thus far and just joined.

Oh, and BTW guys. His GF has been emailing me here to try and "get my funds back to me"...... I simply told her to cooperate with the Paypal claim I filed, but she says he "closed her account".... :confused:

So how can I file a claim with a closed account????? Doesn't make sense

Can you even close a PayPal account? Surely we got at least a few of these disputes/claims going before they "closed" the account. I mean I payed one day, and the very nice day this thread started and we all filed claims and disputes. Surely this would have been a red flag to PayPal? Whether we got them in before the "close" shouldn't matter. I would hope PayPal wouldn't be stupid enough to let someone close an account with open disputes and claims.

Do any of you know bxshortylosh01? This person is contacting me and saying that his mom is getting a loan and will be sending money orders in the mail to the victims. Im hesitant to even give out my address after all this thats happened. Is anyone else in contact with this person. i have a feeling its bronxbeast again. They only have 5 posts thus far and just joined.

I got that PM too and thought it might be BRONXbeast as well. But I think Dave would have banned his IP address too, but maybe not.

If this is a legit attempt to make things right, BRONXbeast already has all of our addresses through PayPal. If he wants to make things right by having his mom send us the refunds in the mail, then he/they can at least take the effort and look up our addresses him/themselves. Otherwise, I'm going through PayPal. I don't see any reason why we should have to put forth any effort to "help" him. If he wants to fix things, let him do it on his own.

Can you even close a PayPal account? Surely we got at least a few of these disputes/claims going before they "closed" the account. I mean I payed one day, and the very nice day this thread started and we all filed claims and disputes. Surely this would have been a red flag to PayPal? Whether we got them in before the "close" shouldn't matter. I would hope PayPal wouldn't be stupid enough to let someone close an account with open disputes and claims.

I think your right on this one, but I can't say for certain. My belief was that there is an approximate 30 day (or so) window that must come to pass after your last transaction, before you can close out an account.

Again, I'm not sure about this but I think it's something along those lines. Let me check. (I'm bored. :lol)

EDIT: I'm WRONG! :lol

Here's the correct info. from the Paypal.com Help section:

Before you close your account, please keep these things in mind:

*There are no maintenance fees to keep your account open.
*When you close your PayPal account, it can never be reopened and you lose all your account history.
*When you close your account, your incomplete and scheduled transactions are canceled.
*If there are limitations or unresolved issues with your account, it cannot be closed until these are resolved.
*You cannot have a positive balance when you close your account

DEFINITELY have it transferred to your bank account first, Dave. If you try to pay for an item with the remaining balance in your Paypal account AND you do get "burned" by a seller, you will play heck trying to get that money back, EVEN IF Paypal awards the claim in your favor. They'll send you an email saying (in so many words): "We awarded the outcome in your favor, but unfortunately we are unable to transfer the money to your account at this time. We will try our best to get it, etc., etc., etc." But believe me, only on rare occasions will you see that money.

I've had it happen to me and in my case, I only had a little money in my Paypal account and the rest of the money came from my bank account. Well, after winning my claim, I received all of the money that was taken from my bank account, but the $20 that was used from the original balance in my Paypal account was not able to be recovered. So the lesson is: NEVER pay for an item using your Paypal account that still has a current balance in it -or- pay with your credit card that is linked with your Paypal account.

If you have ANY balance in your PP account, it deducts from that first, and then takes rest of balance from your CC/Debit/checking. And I'm pretty sure this "feature" can't be changed. So you have to deposit into checking any balance you have, and then pay for item. It's an extra step but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back