• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beware buyer/seller BRONXBEAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DEFINITELY have it transferred to your bank account first, Dave. If you try to pay for an item with the remaining balance in your Paypal account AND you do get "burned" by a seller, you will play heck trying to get that money back, EVEN IF Paypal awards the claim in your favor. They'll send you an email saying (in so many words): "We awarded the outcome in your favor, but unfortunately we are unable to transfer the money to your account at this time. We will try our best to get it, etc., etc., etc." But believe me, only on rare occasions will you see that money.

I've had it happen to me and in my case, I only had a little money in my Paypal account and the rest of the money came from my bank account. Well, after winning my claim, I received all of the money that was taken from my bank account, but the $20 that was used from the original balance in my Paypal account was not able to be recovered. So the lesson is: NEVER pay for an item using your Paypal account that still has a current balance in it -or- pay with your credit card that is linked with your Paypal account.

Very interesting---I always used my paypal balance to pay--good wisdom here--might have to change

Do any of you know bxshortylosh01? This person is contacting me and saying that his mom is getting a loan and will be sending money orders in the mail to the victims. Im hesitant to even give out my address after all this thats happened. Is anyone else in contact with this person. i have a feeling its bronxbeast again. They only have 5 posts thus far and just joined.

:lol:lol:lol

Come on, be serious now. :rotfl:rotfl

Edit: nevermind, I guess the dude's sick mom is actually involved in this ever incredibly increasingly complicated story.

If you have ANY balance in your PP account, it deducts from that first, and then takes rest of balance from your CC/Debit/checking. And I'm pretty sure this "feature" can't be changed. So you have to deposit into checking any balance you have, and then pay for item. It's an extra step but worth it.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. (I know you mentioned this earlier.) That's the same routine I always follow. Like you said, it's well worth the extra step.

:lol:lol:lol

Come on, be serious now. :rotfl:rotfl

He is. This is the PM I got:

bxshortylosh01 said:
hi,are u one of the persons that got scammed by bronxbeast,?if you are im just letting you know that i informed his mother on this situation,shes old and sickbut willing to take care of this issue with out there being a need to go to police,she wants to give the money back to all of those that were scammed,she doesnt wanna see her only son in prison,.....whatever amount that he took will be the amount, you will get back ,im not talking in consideration of bronxbeast im talking on behalf of his mother,irma she informed me that all those scammed will get there money back and if they are interested in trade that can be considered,but note that paypal returns money also,so you might be getting double the money back,and if she gives you the 700.00 you would have to return the other half to paypal,thankyou for taking the time to read this and feel free to pass it on to the other victims
please be considerate with this poor lady that had nothing to do with it but is willing to go at all odds for her only son,this is the first time he ever did something like this,and she would die if she has to see him in jail please reconsider please for this poor lady,if you interested contact her at xxxxxxxx thankyou

I just edit one of my last posts, but here's the new info. in case no one saw it:

(From the Paypal.com website)

Before you close your account, please keep these things in mind:

*There are no maintenance fees to keep your account open.
*When you close your PayPal account, it can never be reopened and you lose all your account history.
*When you close your account, your incomplete and scheduled transactions are canceled.
*If there are limitations or unresolved issues with your account, it cannot be closed until these are resolved.
*You cannot have a positive balance when you close your account

He is. This is the PM I got:

Originally Posted by bxshortylosh01
hi,are u one of the persons that got scammed by bronxbeast,?if you are im just letting you know that i informed his mother on this situation,shes old and sickbut willing to take care of this issue with out there being a need to go to police,she wants to give the money back to all of those that were scammed,she doesnt wanna see her only son in prison,.....whatever amount that he took will be the amount, you will get back ,im not talking in consideration of bronxbeast im talking on behalf of his mother,irma she informed me that all those scammed will get there money back and if they are interested in trade that can be considered,but note that paypal returns money also,so you might be getting double the money back,and if she gives you the 700.00 you would have to return the other half to paypal,thankyou for taking the time to read this and feel free to pass it on to the other victims
please be considerate with this poor lady that had nothing to do with it but is willing to go at all odds for her only son,this is the first time he ever did something like this,and she would die if she has to see him in jail please reconsider please for this poor lady,if you interested contact her at xxxxxxxx thankyou

Wow. I have no idea what to say to this. If Irma is a real mom having to clean up her son's crappy mess, I feel bad for her, I seriously do. But I'm still suspicious if there even is a mom in this whole equation.

I really dont know what to believe because his girlfriend is contacting me. She doesnt want to get into trouble because of him. Saying it was her account he was using. Could be true. But at this point, hard to convince me without an envelope of green.

Wow. I have no idea what to say to this. If Irma is a real mom having to clean up her son's crappy mess, I feel bad for her, I seriously do. But I'm still suspicious if there even is a mom in this whole equation.

I agree. If she is really apart of this, I do feel bad for her. But her son did make a big mistake. Multiple ones in fact. Its not like he scammed one guy and was done, but there are multiple people here over a couple of days/weeks. He knew what he was doing. If he goes to jail, then he deserves it.

But as long as I get my money back somehow, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones.

I got that PM too and thought it might be BRONXbeast as well. But I think Dave would have banned his IP address too, but maybe not.

If this is a legit attempt to make things right, BRONXbeast already has all of our addresses through PayPal. If he wants to make things right by having his mom send us the refunds in the mail, then he/they can at least take the effort and look up our addresses him/themselves. Otherwise, I'm going through PayPal. I don't see any reason why we should have to put forth any effort to "help" him. If he wants to fix things, let him do it on his own.

I wrote her back and told her to send me the money order she said i would get it by wednesday. I informed her that once and only it is in my hands and deposited into my account will i remove my cc card claim and police report

I wrote her back and told me to send me the money order she said i would get it by wednesday. I nformed her that once and only it is in my hands and deposited into my account will i remove my cc card claim and police report

Let us know how it goes. Like I said, I'm not going to deal outside of ebay, but if my money magically returns to me, then I'll stop the dispute as well.

You guys realize that he, the 'girlfriend' and 'mother' and all likely the exact same person.

If you have ANY balance in your PP account, it deducts from that first, and then takes rest of balance from your CC/Debit/checking. And I'm pretty sure this "feature" can't be changed. So you have to deposit into checking any balance you have, and then pay for item. It's an extra step but worth it.

Yup that absolutely true, I'll take the extra step next, I have usually used my credit card on 90% of these items anyways. Just a nice feature to know that I can transfer from my PP to my BA if I needed to.

You guys realize that he, the 'girlfriend' and 'mother' and all likely the exact same person.

And I bet he was really the Walrus too! :lol

But that is my thought too. Exactly why I'm ignoring this stuff for now. We've got no proof of his collection for "trades", money being returned, anything happening on his end, etc etc.

I think he is trying to cover his butt. Dave needs to block his IP- cuz this guy is at it again I am afraid.

Let us know how it goes. Like I said, I'm not going to deal outside of ebay, but if my money magically returns to me, then I'll stop the dispute as well.

You might have to check because i verified and bronxbeasts paypal account is closed. If this is the case she might not have your address to mail you the money order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back