*BEWARE SPOILERS* Alien: Romulus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the first season. Haven't seen the second or third yet.
actually I think I saw the first season and I forgot. I only remember Chucky mentioning Pokemon.

Yeah these early screening reviews are always way too glowing and enthusiastic. But it does at least suggest that the movie will be pretty good and not another run-of-the-mill Alien sequel, so I'm happy to hear that.

if anything it just shows that it's better than average. even if it's fanboys. its a good sign.

Do you want the slow claustrophobic feel?
Personally , I want a bigger sci fi tale. I want the lore to evolve.we got the creation story, let's see what happens when the "most perfect organism" gets loose.....

Bring in societal and political story more than "bad corporations "

Just expand.....

Chasing and killing in the dark is just so overdone,

Personally , I want a bigger sci fi tale. I want the lore to evolve.we got the creation story, let's see what happens when the "most perfect organism" gets loose.....
Most of the time when 'lore evolves' it gets over-complicated and/or loses the element of mystery ... I can't get behind the origin story presented to us. Personally I think it's a mess.

But having these things on the loose and widespread would make for an interesting problem and some horrific action. I guess the challenge is keeping it from devolving into 'Space Zombie Movie' which is maybe the main pitfall for a monster like this.

Bring in societal and political story more than "bad corporations "
I agree with this. We get it, Weyland-Yutani bad.
Just expand.....

Chasing and killing in the dark is just so overdone,
Agreed again. Which begs the question, is that what this creature is, and there's no more story to tell, or could they actually find competent writers to give us a good expansion?

At this point I'm not sure, given stories like this seem over-saturated due in no small part to the inspiration and influence of the first two films. I think I'm just rendered cynical by the slew of bad writing I've seen in recent years.

The whole 'content-over-story' thing.

I hope of the rumours of
Spoiler Spoiler:
aren't true. That'd kill the movie dead for me. Hell I might walk out.

Back