Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017)

Take your stinking paws off my lawnmower you damn dirty
offended-gif-2.gif

200.gif

I just watched both Blade Runner 2049 trailers, pretending I never saw the film. The trailers establish that Gosling is a cop hunting down replicants and investigating Deckard. Leto is mentioning how he can't make enough replicants, seems he's creating them as a workforce or for war or something. It shows action. Jenny from Forrest Gump mentions how if Gosling's investigation leaks, it could cause a war. There are some boobies in there. The flying cars and guns look pretty cool. Gosling is like some kind of futuristic detective or something and it looks like he's going to team up with Han Solo to take the baddies out.

So it does tell the viewer something without going into details about the actual plot, K being a replicant, artificial intelligenct girlfriends, Sean Young's broken baby bearing hips, etc. etc. That's enough.

I also just watched John Campea's video about how THE LAST JEDI TRAILER HAS OVER 120 MILLION VIEWS IN JUST UNDER 24 HOURS!!!! XD In it, he goes into detail about how TLJ trailer is so successful because it keeps things mysterious and doesn't go into details about the plot or story. The same thing he criticizes the Blade Runner 2049 marketing campaign and trailers for doing, he praises Disney for.

Hmmmm. Really joggles my noggles. There's no bias or shilling here, just the facts Jack.

I don't give a damn how mysterious the SWs trailer is...its ******ING star wars...OMG star wars is successful cause of the mystery trailer..lol. ..ill repeat myself...star wars will not fail no matter what...Uwe boll aand Ed Wood can film it Clint Howard could be Luke,Marty feldman could be Han, and jack elam could be chewie...it'll still make a billion....star wars is like crack cocaine once you smoke it....more more more...unless you a real man ...hmmf

BR 2049. ..best film of 2017 for me....no matter what Disney does

I don't give a damn how mysterious the SWs trailer is...its ******ING star wars...OMG star wars is successful cause of the mystery trailer..lol. ..ill repeat myself...star wars will not fail no matter what...Uwe boll and ed wood can film it,Clinton Howard could be Luke,Marty feldman could be Han, and jack elm could be chewiest...it'll still make a billion....star wars is like crack cocaine once you smoke it....more more more...unless you a real man ...hmmf

:rotfl

It may not be Star Wars brand crack, but you're definitely high.

Real men say no to Star Wars

I just watched both Blade Runner 2049 trailers, pretending I never saw the film. The trailers establish that Gosling is a cop hunting down replicants and investigating Deckard. Leto is mentioning how he can't make enough replicants, seems he's creating them as a workforce or for war or something. It shows action. Jenny from Forrest Gump mentions how if Gosling's investigation leaks, it could cause a war. There are some boobies in there. The flying cars and guns look pretty cool. Gosling is like some kind of futuristic detective or something and it looks like he's going to team up with Han Solo to take the baddies out.

So it does tell the viewer something without going into details about the actual plot, K being a replicant, artificial intelligenct girlfriends, Sean Young's broken baby bearing hips, etc. etc. That's enough.

I also just watched John Campea's video about how THE LAST JEDI TRAILER HAS OVER 120 MILLION VIEWS IN JUST UNDER 24 HOURS!!!! XD In it, he goes into detail about how TLJ trailer is so successful because it keeps things mysterious and doesn't go into details about the plot or story. The same thing he criticizes the Blade Runner 2049 marketing campaign and trailers for doing, he praises Disney for.

Hmmmm. Really joggles my noggles. There's no bias or shilling here, just the facts Jack.

I would say each movie has different trailer requirements.

Like red pill’d Adolfo said SW doesn’t even need a trailer so a less revealing one is just fine, I mean if woke 2046 is so much deeper than your shallow SW movie than maybe Campea was right 2046 needed additional exposition in the trailer for the general audience.

Last I checked all you BR diehards are praising the movie for being so deeply artistic and thought provoking which immediately raises a red flag for how to appropriately sell that kind of nuance to a general audience so that they can connect. Or is this movie not as deeply layered as you all are making it out to be (for me it was but what a lame payoff lol).

You say the trailer is just fine but Adolfo says the general audience is stupid so lets say he’s right than maybe WB should’ve hired him to cut the trailer explaining a ton more to those dumb customers because while they may be dumb WB still needs their money.

Don’t cut a trailer for the BR diehards remember them they said who cares if it bombed.

Cut a trailer to the much larger group of dummies that’s where the real big opening weekend is at.

Dummies already understand SW. Make the trailer as secretive as you want with SW who cares the name sells it all.

But Blade who?

I’m surprised DiFabio very rare for you to be wrong but in your rush to shut down Campea you went sideways goofy lol

Why you disappoint I haz a sad.

Last edited:

All you have to do is look at the most watched trailers list, and BR is nowhere to be found.

The truth is that trailer didn't have any "wow" moments for the general audience to be interested in, but Campea is wrong if he thinks that's the only reason the film is failing. There are several factors, all mentioned by Grace in her box office analysis.

Back