Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017)

Forget Grace I had his female today to contend with.

This ***** escaped and almost got me today, dropped down right next to my head!

Was not easy getting her back into where she belonged.

9656DE5F-B60E-4AF5-8CFF-D2BA55CA1CE1.jpeg

Last edited:

I would say each movie has different trailer requirements.

Like red pill’d Adolfo said SW doesn’t even need a trailer so a less revealing one is just fine, I mean if woke 2046 is so much deeper than your shallow SW movie than maybe Campea was right 2046 needed additional exposition in the trailer for the general audience.

Last I checked all you BR diehards are praising the movie for being so deeply artistic and thought provoking which immediately raises a red flag for how to appropriately sell that kind of nuance to a general audience so that they can connect. Or is this movie not as deeply layered as you all are making it out to be (for me it was but what a lame payoff lol).

You say the trailer is just fine but Adolfo says the general audience is stupid so lets say he’s right than maybe WB should’ve hired him to cut the trailer explaining a ton more to those dumb customers because while they may be dumb WB still needs their money.

Don’t cut a trailer for the BR diehards remember them they said who cares if it bombed.

Cut a trailer to the much larger group of dummies that’s where the real big opening weekend is at.

Dummies already understand SW. Make the trailer as secretive as you want with SW who cares the name sells it all.

But Blade who?

I’m surprised DiFabio very rare for you to be wrong but in your rush to shut down Campea you went sideways goofy lol

Why you disappoint I haz a sad.

I liked the movie, but the ending felt all too sterile and cold. Considering what the ending was, you'd think a little emotion might be on display. I'll still buy it when the time comes, but it falls short of the masterpiece a few on here are clamoring so loudly about. If i had to choose, i can easily say I'll take the original over this one, thanks

I would say each movie has different trailer requirements.

Like red pill’d Adolfo said SW doesn’t even need a trailer so a less revealing one is just fine, I mean if woke 2046 is so much deeper than your shallow SW movie than maybe Campea was right 2046 needed additional exposition in the trailer for the general audience.

Last I checked all you BR diehards are praising the movie for being so deeply artistic and thought provoking which immediately raises a red flag for how to appropriately sell that kind of nuance to a general audience so that they can connect. Or is this movie not as deeply layered as you all are making it out to be (for me it was but what a lame payoff lol).

You say the trailer is just fine but Adolfo says the general audience is stupid so lets say he’s right than maybe WB should’ve hired him to cut the trailer explaining a ton more to those dumb customers because while they may be dumb WB still needs their money.

Don’t cut a trailer for the BR diehards remember them they said who cares if it bombed.

Cut a trailer to the much larger group of dummies that’s where the real big opening weekend is at.

Dummies already understand SW. Make the trailer as secretive as you want with SW who cares the name sells it all.

But Blade who?

I’m surprised DiFabio very rare for you to be wrong but in your rush to shut down Campea you went sideways goofy lol

Why you disappoint I haz a sad.

I'm not wrong. Warner Bros could have cut a Blade Runner 2049 trailer that spelled everything out and spoiled every single plot point and it still wouldn't have made a difference. It would have done poorly regardless of it's trailer. That was my point.

Come on now brother, people like you wouldn't have seen it regardless. But you can bet hype men like Campea got their lame ass advanced tickets for Episode 8 the minute they went up after two lame trailers cuz STAH WAHS!!

No,no,no...real answer is that people are dumb

it'll still make a billion....star wars is like crack cocaine once you smoke it....more more more...unless you a real man ...hmmf

IMG_8981.JPG

I'm not wrong. Warner Bros could have cut a Blade Runner 2049 trailer that spelled everything out and spoiled every single plot point and it still wouldn't have made a difference. It would have done poorly regardless of it's trailer. That was my point.

Could be the general public just doesn't care about Blade Runner.

Doesn't matter how good something is, if I don't care about it, I'm not watching it.

Yeah there’s that but that mostly applies to us geeks I think. WE ARE IN CONTROL of our cinematic destiny!

I know many general audience type people who base their weekend plans off a trailer.

These people could care less about genre movies they literally decide if they’re going to a movie based on the trailer.

In other words they don’t even care that they don’t care. They’ll go see the stupid movie they don’t care about just because the trailer looked good.

You have to sit there and just watch their clueless droneish behavior.

I just don’t think WB made a descriptive enough trailer for my neighbor Fred.

But whatever movie bombed end of story enjoy the bluray probably coming out next week lol

Last edited:

Could be the general public just doesn't care about Blade Runner.

Doesn't matter how good something is, if I don't care about it, I'm not watching it.

star wars is for texting,calling,social media....blade runner is for intelligence, for those who seek true wisdom, as well as art....real people see BR. ..sheep and flies flock to SW

It's cool to like Star Wars now. Today SW sheets make chicks wet but back in the day? Only your tears did that.

Evil is right.

SW, ST, D&D and Wrestling.

You were not hooking up being associated with those 4 lol

giphy.gif

It is funny how now, all this geek **** that I'm sure about 80% of us on the board now were into as kids is cool. But of course, it was opposite of that when we were growing up. Watching Star Wars and collecting toys? **** sakes, man! And the really weird thing now is that '80s nostalgia is so strong, we get crap like Ready Player One, which is apparently meant to appeal to adolescents. You also see kids wearing shirts with Nintendo pixellated styles on it, which makes no sense. Minecraft is also built on an '80s aesthetic, but little kids are more obsessed with that game than anything.

Bustin' out the Flair Flop :lol

Yea, it's 180 from 30 years ago. Geeks have inherited the Earth.

I would not be surprised to see 'Revenge of the Jocks' in production.

giphy.gif

It is funny how now, all this geek **** that I'm sure about 80% of us on the board now were into as kids is cool. But of course, it was opposite of that when we were growing up. Watching Star Wars and collecting toys? **** sakes, man! And the really weird thing now is that '80s nostalgia is so strong, we get crap like Ready Player One, which is apparently meant to appeal to adolescents. You also see kids wearing shirts with Nintendo pixellated styles on it, which makes no sense. Minecraft is also built on an '80s aesthetic, but little kids are more obsessed with that game than anything.

Minecraft is crack to kids.

Minecraft, Roblox and Rocket League but especially Minecraft.

Bustin' out the Flair Flop :lol

Yea, it's 180 from 30 years ago. Geeks have inherited the Earth.

I would not be surprised to see 'Revenge of the Jocks' in production.

:lol :lol

Holy crap that made me lol

Wife shakes head.....again.

Yeah, all the geeks bully and humiliate the jocks for their lack of Star Wars knowledge, and at the end of the film, the whole crowd stands up, publicly admitting to their private shame, that they like to play sports.

giphy.gif

Strong nostalgia for the 80s in the 2010s - another thing that Back to the Future II got right.

Back