Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017)

Interesting angle Khev.....

One of the reasons I want to see this again is to view it front the characters perspectives. Now knowing what's really going on....

I keep feeling like I was missing something in the Chief's performance . Like something else was really going on with her....

Did she want K?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017)

Interesting angle Khev.....

One of the reasons I want to see this again is to view it front the characters perspectives. Now knowing what's really going on....

I keep feeling like I was missing something in the Chief's performance . Like something else was really going on with her....

Did she want K?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she was simply curious and was tired of her humdrum life. She def was asking to sleep with him pretty much.

2046 did make me appreciate the original more and in certain ways 2046 is better than the original especially in the area of cinematography BUT 2046 will never be as historically significant as the first one.

In many ways I found 2049 to be the superior film but at the same time it really drove home how untouchable certain aspects of the original were. So it did actually make me appreciate the original more in that regard but I liked the story themes in the new one much more.

I don’t know maybe I need to watch it again but I thought Deckard should’ve gone off the rails and took on the appearance of Batty lol.

The diehard Ford fan in me wanted more from Deckard but I can also appreciate that he really was just a supporting character and that it must have taken a great deal or restraint to NOT give him a "RO Vader moment," lol. But I was also fine with the Legacy OT characters in TFA taking a bit of a back seat as well.

I'm really finding myself wanting to watch 2049 again NOW. Like literally right now. That's how much it got under my skin.

Thank God I caught it on a true 7 story IMAX screen before Geostorm takes its place tomorrow, lol.

Geostorm is going to make a ton more money than 2046 lol

People just can’t get enough of watching humanity end.

2046 did make me appreciate the original more and in certain ways

2046 is better than the original especially in the area of cinematography

BUT 2046 will never be as historically significant as the first one.

Geostorm is going to make a ton more money than 2046.

:chase:

giphy.gif

:lol

lol

I squarely place the blame on those 15 different prequel stories they released on YT that used years for their titles. :gah:

WTF bad enough I have to remember my wedding anniversary and wife’s birthdate but now WB wants me to remember movie titles with dates.

2D was amazing on a sky high IMAX. Those buildings (as well as certain holograms...) went on forever!

Spoiler Spoiler:

2D was amazing on a sky high IMAX. Those buildings (as well as certain holograms...) went on forever!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Pretty sure it was the former.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Or was it Vegas all along with a hologram LA.... ahhh ha!

Good to know rushmore, thanks! :duff

Did you like the film?

I did, I gave it a 8.5, but admittedly, it was a difficult film for me to rate as I feel like I need to see it again.

Personally, I enjoyed the first more, but this movie did an excellent job of expanding on and widening the scope of the original. The end fell a little flat for me, a little too cold and emotionless.

Khev, here's my original review...

I'll repost my review in here...

Blade Runner 2049 - 8.5/10

I really feel like I need to see this again to give it a true rating.

There has been a lot of talk about whether or not this movie is superior to it's predecessor, to that, I say probably not. It is, on the other hand a most worthy sequel, and while not better, it is certainly more expansive. It really adds to the world we are already familiar with, and adds a deeply layered, nuanced, and eye-widening view into that world. I found myself hungry for more, even though the film was approaching 3 hours in length.

I think the Original had a better adversary in Roy Batty, and maybe even Pris, whereas the villains in the sequel were fairly forgettable. Dekkard was also a better "hero", which is not to detract from "K", as its pretty hard to upstage Ford, especially in his prime. There have been a couple of mentions that some think Ford deserves an Oscar for this, I have to say I disagree. He did a fine job, did not detract from the film at all, but his acting was not award-worthy. I see a lot of potential technical awards, and possibly even a nod at the Director.

It was certainly a beautiful film to behold, and the time flew by, but I was left feeling a bit hollow in the end. Maybe I just need to ruminate on it a bit longer, but I felt the original had a far more satisfying and emotional ending.

Blade Runner is my all time favorite science fiction film, so the sequel had the chips stacked against it to begin with, the movie did not disappoint, but it also didn't outdo the original.

I will definitely buy this on 4K when it's released.

In many ways I found 2049 to be the superior film but at the same time it really drove home how untouchable certain aspects of the original were. So it did actually make me appreciate the original more in that regard but I liked the story themes in the new one much more.

I'm right there with you. I realize the themes and overall mood of 2049 couldn't exist without the exemplary setup of the original, but I definitely enjoyed the sequel more. I personally connected to it's characters more than I did with those of the original. That and I found K's inner struggle with his existence much more palpable.

Back