Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017)

Oh I thought it came with more. How big is the poster?

I'm surprised the film dropped less than 60% in it's second weekend. I was actually ready for this to be in the single digits. While the domestic is what it is, the overseas might actually do ok.

I'm surprised the film dropped less than 60% in it's second weekend. I was actually ready for this to be in the single digits. While the domestic is what it is, the overseas might actually do ok.
Overseas will do ok imho...bet china kills it

Well I guess if I was gonna name my children squidward, manray and sandycheeks ...I would feel the same way

incredulous.gif

I don't expect people to agree, I just think it is hilarious that it is being built to be some meta film, when in reality plays the same roles as Ghost in the Shell, and I would argue that did a better job, and that movie too was literal garbage.

I love Suicide Squad as a blockbuster, but I find it hilarious people think I believe the film to be one of the greats; so I roll with it haha.

Denis is a great filmmaker, but his films to exude any type of incredible intelligence, although it is all subjective. I think Kubrick is more subtle and did it in a fantastical way.

Well I guess if I was gonna name my children squidward, manray and sandycheeks ...I would feel the same way
I suppose if I wanted to see a rehash, I would argue it so.

Don't you worry, we'll take your opinion into account first thing in the morning. :monkey3

Cool

I don't expect people to agree, I just think it is hilarious that it is being built to be some meta film, when in reality plays the same roles as Ghost in the Shell, and I would argue that did a better job, and that movie too was literal garbage.

I love Suicide Squad as a blockbuster, but I find it hilarious people think I believe the film to be one of the greats; so I roll with it haha.

Denis is a great filmmaker, but his films to exude any type of incredible intelligence, although it is all subjective. I think Kubrick is more subtle and did it in a fantastical way.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but saying GitS and BR "play the same role" seems highly inaccurate. Ghost in the Shell explores the idea of technology becoming so ingrained with our civilization and way of life that the line between man and machine becomes nearly imperceptible. Society in GitS continues to embrace cybernetic enhancements and neural linking and seemingly never stops to look back at what it may be costing their humanity.

Blade Runner on the other hand explores the idea of birthing AI in our own image. Not only does humanity give birth to the Replicant, but it dictates to it what purpose it shall serve and gives it a finite lifespan. Man in BR essentially gives birth and tells it's new children they must always serve, that they will never truly be free... that they will never truly be "alive".

So aside from the concepts of what technology and AI might hold for us in the future, I see very little resemblance between the two core themes of these films.

Pretty sure he's talking about Ghost in the ScarJo.

Pretty sure he's talking about Ghost in the ScarJo.

What's the difference? Same theme with the ScarJo film. That one just placed it's emphasis on Motoko's "mysterious" origin while the rest took somewhat of a back seat.

Back