Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They probably haven't finished sculpting the alternate heads for Egon and Winston.

And for the record, Winston's original prototype was fine. It was the factory produced final product that went all midnight.

Love the new Ray sculpt, but not a fan Venkman's new expression. Would have preferred a sleezy smirk instead. Oh well...

They probably haven't finished sculpting the alternate heads for Egon and Winston.

And for the record, Winston's original prototype was fine. It was the factory produced final product that went all midnight.

Love the new Ray sculpt, but not a fan Venkman's new expression. Would have preferred a sleezy smirk instead. Oh well...
True, I'm all for Egon and Winston getting extra sculpts. Too bad no Onionhead to go with them this time.

For existing owners, it's a bit more of a kick in the balls to do straight re-releases with new headsculpts in my opinion. Straight rerelease, Ok, you can skip it. Complete upgrades, Ok, you can upgrade or stick with what you've got and have something distinctive either way. But that's something I would have bought the first time around, and after already shelling out $900 it's damn hard to justify buying them again. But we will see how they look. I'm not sure what they chose is how I would have handled a second Venkman.
I get that. I accepted the reality of 2.0s and reissues a while ago. Just thrilled that finally something I don’t already own is getting reissued.

I have the full original set , not seeing any really huge differences here.

Those separate heads do not look any better than the originals ones , we shall have to see.

I never found as Much fault as some did with the original sculpts, Egon and Ray look fantastic.

Id love that too, but with two other companies potentially still producing GB figures in this scale, I think it's extra unlikely.
Which two other companies are making them in 1/6 scale?

I had the originals and loved them. Somewhat regrettably sold them around 2020 to fund other purchases. It'll be nice to have the option to get them back at retail with some updates and presumably improved paint apps.

Which two other companies are making them in 1/6 scale?

I had the originals and loved them. Somewhat regrettably sold them around 2020 to fund other purchases. It'll be nice to have the option to get them back at retail with some updates and presumably improved paint apps.
Present Toys are producing an unlicensed set, and Star Ace are doing a licensed set. Although, with the BW announcement I wouldn't be terribly shocked if either of both cancelled their plans, as both sets appear vastly inferior to BW.

IMG_0724.jpeg

IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0728.jpeg

Here is the original set for comparison pics.

This is one of my favorite cubes in the collection, people love these also, everyone knows the GB

Let's go!! Thank god Blitzway stepped in because Star ace are a no no. :slap

I wonder what made them tackle GB1 again? Hopefully we'll see an updated slimer and not so flimsy pieces on this set.

Last edited:
I love the new Ray sculpt. The ol' ciggy dangle is a classic.

Screaming Peter is awkward.

Despite the fact that Egon had like one expression in the movie, I'd like to see a 2nd sculpt. Maybe an "affirmative" type expression.

Back