Blitzway- Al Pacino- Scarface- FULL SPEC- new production paint app pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway- Al Pacino- Scarface 1/6th figure teaser pic

I wouldn't gauge the price of this from eBay preorders, those guys could be significantly overestimating, this thing hasn't officially gone up for order at places, I'd wait until then to judge the final price.

I'd pay even $200, I really like Scarface, figure looks good, I'm dropping that much on the Sideshow Emperor and Chair together, I spend $165 on a T2 figure, it's all expensive these days, that's why you just get choosey about what you really care about. I want one really good Scarface figure in my collection.

I do too but unfortunately I must compare this (deluxe) item to similar items. Eg. HT's Godfather.

I stopped comparing long ago, I just look at each thing by itself, regardless of who's making it or what similar items go for, I pretty much base my decision on how much I feel what I'd be getting is personally worth to me.

While HT's Godfather went for pretty cheap all things considered, HT is also a company with plenty of other sales to help recoup anything from the cost of Godfather where this is a new company launching, so I could see a similar set costing more because they don't have other cash cows to count on yet.

Don't get me wrong the more Pacino the better, that being said price should be no factor. I guess i'd have a different opinion if I didn't need hundreds for upcoming Terminator awesomeness! :wink1:

I'm squeezing him in :) Tony'll just look at my Terminators, "I'll take you all to ____in' hell!" :lol

And at this rate, we'll have long paid for our Terminators before needing to fork over money for Tony.

I'm squeezing him in :) Tony'll just look at my Terminators, "I'll take you all to ____in' hell!" :lol

And at this rate, we'll have long paid for our Terminators before needing to fork over money for Tony.

I hope so ............ especially if or when they do T1. Tony w/chair should look ace next to Vito w/chair.

Hey I never even asked this ........... if this is a licensed product does that mean they have Pacino's likeness rights? If so I sure hope we see Michael next ........... w/chair of course :)

I would say it's only Pacino's likeness as Scarface, I think he's probably covered under the Scarface license, Sideshow's products make no mention of an outside source for likeness rights like HT did with Dutch when they had to get Arnie's approval on Dutch in addition to the Fox license for Predator.

$150-200 bones is the reality. For a half decent figure, I cry a little on the inside, but eventually suck it up and take the plunge.

For a half decent figure, I cry a little on the inside, but eventually suck it up and take the plunge.

:lol Seriously. Its starting to get ridiculous, In all honesty (HT, medicom, enterbay,etc.) should cost no more than 80 dollars.

:lol Seriously. Its starting to get ridiculous, In all honesty (HT, medicom, enterbay,etc.) should cost no more than 80 dollars.

Thats how much they were when I got in this hobby about 2 years ago.
I bought my first figure, a hot Toys Rambo for $80 off these very boards. And boy did I feel like THAT was a lot of money:lol

I bought my first figure, a hot Toys Rambo for $80 off these very boards. And boy did I feel like THAT was a lot of money:lol

Same here, I bought the rambo M65 jacket version for around $70. I cant Imagine what these things are going to cost in a couple of years.

I'll do ya one better, I used to think $50 for the Sideshow Star Wars figures was a lot when that line started, I was moving up from $20 for a Hasbro 12" figure, Hot Toys' first Rambo at $65 felt like I was spending too much :lol. Of course, everything changed once I bought the Darth Maul 1:1 bust, after spending $500 on one item, I stopped caring how much each thing was in a rational sense and just spent whatever it cost if the item meant enough to me.

But in all respect those Hot Toys Rambos look like Mattel figures in comparison to what they are doing now. More refined sculpting and paint aps, far better quality control (most of the time) better pack in items.

Ive been rearranging my formerly prized collection of 7 inch figures that used to blow my mind in detail. I thought nothing could look better than they did but now i think the majority of them look like complete junk. HT has ruined it all for me... theres no going back now!

For me marooned out here in Oz, stuff like the chair makes a difference because it blows the shipping cost out of the water. So a figure on its own might be $150 + shipping and I can live with that... but a figure loaded down with a throne at $200 + shipping means a lot more than 50 bucks.

I guess it depends on how much the chair means to you; what has me hooked on EB's upcoming Ip Man for example, is the dummy - which a lot of folks could care less about.

Me personally, I'd take a second outfit and a sodding great M16 + M203 grenade launcher over a throne anyday.

Am with you on this:dunno I have 11 Hot Toys figs, Six Rocky's and Five Rambo's, if I had to pay todays $150+ prices i would have never bought any of them. I really think collectors are getting ripped off. $150per fig is way to high, you include shipping and you're looking at $200 for a single fig:gah: I understand if you're a huge fan of a film, but when I look at what HT is getting for Iron Man figs I wonder who the hell can afford to keep up with all of it. They release figs of the character with multipule versions that all cost $150+ I only wish they did this with Rocky.

I'm amazed at what the Hot Toys Rambos are going for on ebay now, $350-$450 I think that's why collector's are spending $$$, if you wait the $150+ price is probably going to cost you twice that after it sells out. What really turned me off to the high prices is when someone did a review of HT godfather and you saw what it was made of, it's an amazing fig, but $200 is a lot. To each his own, but am not buying anymore. When you pay an average of $80 - $100 and then you see them insult you with $150+, I have to draw the line and say enough is enough:(

I guess if you stick to one or two characters you'll be alright. Personally I would rather collect statues then 1/6 figs.

I'll do ya one better, I used to think $50 for the Sideshow Star Wars figures was a lot when that line started, I was moving up from $20 for a Hasbro 12" figure, Hot Toys' first Rambo at $65 felt like I was spending too much :lol. Of course, everything changed once I bought the Darth Maul 1:1 bust, after spending $500 on one item, I stopped caring how much each thing was in a rational sense and just spent whatever it cost if the item meant enough to me.

$50 for most Sideshow 12" figure is a lot even now. Very few have good paint apps and their bodies aren't that great. Sculpts are ok at times.

I guess we can't have it both ways... they could lower the price point simply by releasing more of the figures. I'm sure there'd be a market for at least twice the number they actually put out. But there is an exclusivity about figures that makers and a lot of collectors want to protect. Which is why instead of re-releasing Robocop or Rambo - or even the Dragon Buzz Atronaut(!!) - schmucks like me who just want to have them out of the box on shelves, and not because I want to make a buck out of them sometime in the unforeseeable future - have to either go without or pay exhorbitant prices for them. But I'm only new to the game - maybe we are simply being ripped off because we are a relatively wealthy and rusted-on consumer base? Makers won't care about our whingeing if we keep forking out for their product.

You guys want cheap? Stick to your Neca and Mezco figures. With the high end 1/6 manufacturers, you get what you pay for. Now can you start a seperate whiney thread about the cost of things, elsewhere and get this thread back on track.:lecture

Back