Blue-Ray or HD DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would I want my loud 360 to be running a HD DVD drive when I have a quiet PS3 with kick ass blu-rays?

You do the math. To me, it's not about price. I couldn't care if it was $70. I like Blu-ray, sue me. :D

typical fanboy response. you cant hear the 360 when using the HD drive because the drive in the main system isn't running.

typical fanboy response. you cant hear the 360 when using the HD drive because the drive in the main system isn't running.

Yeah I'm a fanboy, I totally hate the 360 and know nothing about it, about technology, or about High Definition. I've only helped install theater systems in 20 or so homes.

And you can totally hear it, some of my friends have one and complain about it (even ask BadMoon, he does the same).

I think it's funny how you guys debate without any logical knowledge of what you're talking about.

Yeah I'm a fanboy, I totally hate the 360 and know nothing about it, about technology, or about High Definition. I've only helped install theater systems in 20 or so homes.

And you can totally hear it, some of my friends have one and complain about it (even ask BadMoon, he does the same).

I think it's funny how you guys debate without any logical knowledge of what you're talking about.

without logical knowledge. :rotfl

I am going to make a thread just for you when this war is over and HD DVD wins. I'm not even on a side because I like both and benifit from having both formats but you are soooooo biased it's ugly. I hope Blu Ray and Sony lose this war just to see all you Sony Blu Ray die hards cry. That will make my day. :lol

without logical knowledge. :rotfl

I am going to make a thread just for you when this war is over and HD DVD wins. I'm not even on a side because I like both and benifit from having both formats but you are soooooo biased it's ugly. I hope Blu Ray and Sony lose this war just to see all you Sony Blu Ray die hards cry. That will make my day. :lol

lol... i wouldnt go that far, but i just hate how sony is pretty much trying to force people to adopt another one of their formats just because they say so. after owning my PS3 for about 2 weeks so far im pretty impressed with the features the system has, but as far as support the games are nothing special and the movies aren't anything better than what HD DVD can put out--- especially after watching Transformers.

lol... i wouldnt go that far, but i just hate how sony is pretty much trying to force people to adopt another one of their formats just because they say so. after owning my PS3 for about 2 weeks so far im pretty impressed with the features the system has, but as far as support the games are nothing special and the movies aren't anything better than what HD DVD can put out--- especially after watching Transformers.

Since I have both I feel qualified to say this...to my eye I really do think HD DVD looks a bit better. Seems sharper to me. Transformers definitely beat Spiderman 3 visually and I am glad to own that movie in HIgh def....*Thinks about rewatching Transformers on HD DVD and laughs at those too stubborn to buy a cheap HD DVD player*

Wow, this has gotten crazy.

Personally, as a person that likes HD content, and actually knows what it is, I have an HD-DVD player and I won't buy a Blu-Ray player until it's much cheaper.

And I won't buy a PS3 unless it's much much cheaper, or unless it gets some good games :)

Although, if Blu-Ray gets Star Wars, LOTR, or Indiana Jones exclusive, then I'll buy a player even if it isn't lower priced.

which is why i HATE sony. "hi def comes when we say its does, thanks for buying our $600 system here's your $3 cable to hook it up to your tv"

actually, my Toshiba HD player also came with RCA's as well... no HDMI, no component!

I'm trying to stay out of this discussion... i'm just happy to have high def, and when teh price of bluray comes down, i will purchase one.

actually, my Toshiba HD player also came with RCA's as well... no HDMI, no component!

I'm trying to stay out of this discussion... i'm just happy to have high def, and when teh price of bluray comes down, i will purchase one.

ok, but is toshiba leading their advertising campaign that HD is now and that 1080p is a must???

HD IS NOW-1080p is a must.....here's a RCA cable to go with your new state of the art High def system. :lol Stupid Sony, cheap and stupid Sony. They had their time with the Walkman and then the Playstation 1 and 2 but Blu Ray will fail because they are making the same mistakes they always have. Sony's number one problem- when things get good, they get greedy.
:rotfl:rotfl:lol I drink fanboy tears for Breakfast!:rotfl:emperor

Last edited:
*Thinks about rewatching Transformers on HD DVD and laughs at those too stubborn to buy a cheap HD DVD player*
*Could care less* :rolleyes:

What makes me laugh is that you sit here and claim to embrace both formats, but just 'cause we state our preference you say that Blu-Ray will fail. To each his own my friend. You want to have both, fine, great, good for you. I don't and that is my decision. Is it a crime to stand by what I do have? Grow up with your little predictions and taunts.

*Could care less* :rolleyes:

What make me laugh is that you sit here and claim to embrace both formats, but just 'cause we state out preference you say that Blu-Ray will fail. To each his own my friend. You want to have both, fine, great, good for you. I don't and that is my decision, is it a crime to stand by what I do have? Grow up with your little predictions and taunts.

Grow up:lol:rotfl Hello- Toy Forum. :lol

Anyway, I find it funny to get so invested in one particular side and what I am doing here is having fun with the side that gets the most emo.*word choice just for you* I do have and support both formats and have a library of both formats to prove and support my claim. I really don't care which side wins but I honestly believe that it won't be Sony. :D Plus I want to see tears of fanboy sadness run down bagelsncheesey's face. :lol

P.S. Don't lie. You know you want to see Transformers in High Def...and you could too- for cheap. :D:monkey3

No anger at all.

Rory, is just doing what he always does, trying to stir up ****. He started doing that ever since he went 'Collector Freak' on us. :D

I can't believe people take this crap seriously though. After all my comments I use smiley's laughing- means I am joking people. Fanboys are funny, plus a bunch of other things as well.

So I don't just post "Man, that's awesome!" or "I am so buying that!" all the time. It's called a difference of opinion and this board would be boring without it. Have some fun man and stop taking everyone's comments so seriously. We don't even really know each other and we are all mostly joking all the time. hence the- :rotfl:rotfl:lol after all my freaking posts. :cool:

Example of a post Rory finds funny-

PSP
UMD
Beta-Max....

rest in peace...who is next.....

Blu Gay. :lol:lol:rotfl

But some nerds don't get the sarcasm or humor apparently. :rolleyes:

Example of a post Rory finds funny-

PSP
UMD
Beta-Max....

rest in peace...who is next.....

Blu Gay. :lol:lol:rotfl

But some nerds don't get the sarcasm or humor apparently. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure you're still talking about me, which is funny because I haven't replied to your posts lately and you're still harping on this boring issue.

I take everything jokingly, i'm not a serious person. Trust me. I think it's funny.

I'm pretty sure you're still talking about me, which is funny because I haven't replied to your posts lately and you're still harping on this boring issue.

I take everything jokingly, i'm not a serious person. Trust me. I think it's funny.

I actually wasn't talking about you but the nerd that tried to turn everything serious in the first place. I know you can handle some jokes...we have done it in the past-remember- it was awesome?!:rock

Back