Blue-Ray or HD DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
POTC

This news may be a little old, but there are some serious framing issues with the BD version of COTBP throughout the entire film.

Example -

https://www.engadgethd.com/2007/08/31/blu-rays-pirates-of-the-caribbean-release-has-framing-issues/

Here's the link for a replacement disc. It's a goodwill system, so you do not need to return the old disc. No shipping or handling charges. They should reply back to you, requesting your address to send the replacement disc.

https://studio.go.com/cgi-bin/gmail/generic_mail.cgi?template=video/dvd_report_a_problem/report.tpl

will they do it? i did the same thing when I bought the one for my dad.

Holy crap that was easy. I went to the help section, clicked 'Contact Us' and selected phone. Put in my # and got a call right away. Just told the rep the order # and she gave me a credit for $46.46.

AMAZON F'N ROCKS!!!!!!

Holy crap that was easy. I went to the help section, clicked 'Contact Us' and selected phone. Put in my # and got a call right away. Just told the rep the order # and she gave me a credit for $46.46.

AMAZON F'N ROCKS!!!!!!

no kidding!

No tax, no shipping(sometimes) and they price match. Amazooooooooon!!!!!!!!

Oh how I wish the brick-n-mortar stores like BB and CC would price-match Amazon. I just bought a 50" Samsung plasma brand new from Amazon for $400 less than any store carries it in my area. Loving the Amazon deal but I would have loved to get it locally and have it in time to set up for New Years.

Oh how I wish the brick-n-mortar stores like BB and CC would price-match Amazon. I just bought a 50" Samsung plasma brand new from Amazon for $400 less than any store carries it in my area. Loving the Amazon deal but I would have loved to get it locally and have it in time to set up for New Years.

Yeah, especially since large screen TV's can get easily damaged in shipping and a lot of places have a policy about large screen TV's to where you're screwed if it gets damaged or has bad pixels and stuff.

Yeah, especially since large screen TV's can get easily damaged in shipping and a lot of places have a policy about large screen TV's to where you're screwed if it gets damaged or has bad pixels and stuff.

Exactly, I get nervous about having something like that shipped.

Exactly, I get nervous about having something like that shipped.

From everything I've read. The shipping company will bring it in and help you set it up to make sure it's OK before they leave. Amazon's gotten great reviews on their delivery and returns for the rare occasion where something does go wrong.

Ordered a Toshiba HD-DVD player yesterday, too good an offer to turn down. Too bad I don't have a HD-TV. :D My projector does take 1080i though, but it's standard quality out. Should be better than before anyway. So, time to look for a new projector then. :)

Panasonic and Sony were offering free Blu Ray players with theirs.

From everything I've read. The shipping company will bring it in and help you set it up to make sure it's OK before they leave. Amazon's gotten great reviews on their delivery and returns for the rare occasion where something does go wrong.

yep that's correct from everything I've read. Make sure you make the delivery guy set it up and make sure it works before you sign for it. if you don't then you basically signed that everything works and the item is not damaged. if he leaves and you open it to find out it is broken you may be screwed because the manufacturer's warranty only covers damage from the factory, etc. some delivery guys are lazy(no surprise) and will try and drop it off and run out without telling you what they are supposed to do. learned this from reading over 100 reviews, etc.

Per Amazon(t.v.'s)

Shipping Restrictions

This item can be shipped only within the contiguous United States. This product requires special handling and may ship separately from other items in your order. Our shipper will call you to schedule delivery and on delivery will unpack this item and remove all packaging.

Amazon.com's White Glove Delivery Service

At Amazon.com, we believe that your purchase deserves a special degree of handling and delivery. To achieve the highest customer satisfaction, we provide a white glove delivery service that is designed to ensure that your purchase arrives damage free and in a timely manner.

Trouble-Free Delivery
Once you place your order, your purchase is prepared for shipment and is delivered to a specialized delivery agent in your area. When the product arrives in the local facility, an agent will call you to arrange a four-hour delivery window between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. In some metropolitan areas, Saturday delivery is available if you are unable to be at home on a weekday.

Damage-Free Delivery, Guaranteed
At your home delivery experts will place the carton in a room of your choice on the ground floor, unpack the product, and remove all packing materials from the residence. If you find signs of damage to your product, simply refuse delivery, and you will receive a refund.

EDIT: make sure you KEEP the packaging in case you need to return the item. I called Amazon and they will allow a return for 30 days, for free, for ANY reason. It's a no brainer for me.

Last edited:

That must be new. I got my 61" JVC from Amazon and the driver did call me so I could come home and meet him, but he was by himself and I had to help him get the TV inside. He didn't offer to set it up or anything.

And here was me thinking you were neutral:rolleyes::D They also have $20 off every 3 BDs so essentially the same deal:cool:

I saw the $10 off certain Blu Ray titles sales but no mention about getting $20 off of any three in the store, in a flyer or online. The HD DVD sale is advertised online and in the stores but not in the flyer.

For now if you have a 360 get the HD Player for it. It fits nicely on top and uses the same HDMI cable if you have the port on your 360. Then go out and get the PS3 since it is the cheapest Blu Ray player out there and you even get to play games on it. Wait shouldn't it be the other way around, oh well sony screwed that up nit me. Anyway, get them both and don't spend all the cash to get one or the other in a dedicated player or even a combo. $580 for the PS3 and HD Drive for the 360 is a heluva deal compared to paying 3 or 4 hundred for one or the other and then one go obsolete in a year if one goes under. That is just my opinion others may agree or disagree but that is what i am doing.

PS.. It helps if you convince your wife is a movie buff and that the PS3 is the money saving way to go for Blu Ray and the 360 HD drive for HD.

For now if you have a 360 get the HD Player for it. It fits nicely on top and uses the same HDMI cable if you have the port on your 360. Then go out and get the PS3 since it is the cheapest Blu Ray player out there and you even get to play games on it. Wait shouldn't it be the other way around, oh well sony screwed that up nit me. Anyway, get them both and don't spend all the cash to get one or the other in a dedicated player or even a combo. $580 for the PS3 and HD Drive for the 360 is a heluva deal compared to paying 3 or 4 hundred for one or the other and then one go obsolete in a year if one goes under. That is just my opinion others may agree or disagree but that is what i am doing.

PS.. It helps if you convince your wife is a movie buff and that the PS3 is the money saving way to go for Blu Ray and the 360 HD drive for HD.

Actually, both methods save money. If you already have an Xbox then the HD-DVD drive is a great price and it does full 1080p. If you want Blu-Ray then the PS3 is almost the cheapest player, plus it does full resolution also, but also has the ability to update for the new disc profiles.

When it comes down to it ill buy a Hybrid DVD player which plays both formats.
When they hit about 500 or less ill buy one, now its just too expensive and the discs will cost a small fortune :(

Back