BOIL and WAXER with NUMA 12" Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i really have no opinion either way on this set. but i think it's funny that people always cry for more OT stuff and everytime they release an OT figure it never sells. look at the emperor. both versions are still for sale. i bet when greedo, hammerhead, and even yoda start shipping they will all be back in stock too.

as for price, there is no way this set will be under $250. these are deluxe clones. both style helmets and a unique head sculpt. so like cody and rex they will be $125 each which is $250 plus the girl will probably run another $50. so my prediction is $300 for the entire set.

i really have no opinion either way on this set. but i think it's funny that people always cry for more OT stuff and everytime they release an OT figure it never sells. look at the emperor. both versions are still for sale. i bet when greedo, hammerhead, and even yoda start shipping they will all be back in stock too.

as for price, there is no way this set will be under $250. these are deluxe clones. both style helmets and a unique head sculpt. so like cody and rex they will be $125 each which is $250 plus the girl will probably run another $50. so my prediction is $300 for the entire set.

But the important thing is that they're crying. As long as the SW section is crying I know everything is OK!:yess:

I can accept that this is being made given the Emperor, Greedo, Hammerhead, Yoda, Cody and IG-88. If we get 6 good figures for each cartoon release, we now have 6 good figures to look forward to next.

The Clone Wars series is aimed at children, and most children do not collect Sideshow's 1:6 scale figures. This will most definitely be sitting in their warehouse for a while.

Last edited:

That happens with every figure though. I'm sure Rex will be in stock after he's "sold out".

The Emperor just came out 3 weeks ago. And he's about $10 more expensive than he should be.

Let's make sure to remind everyone how popular the Clone Wars is by reminding folks that Animated Anakin has been in stock for 7 months.

I like the fact they have made a small body for possibly future jawa's etc, but i have no interest in these actual figs.

There are only a few figs that sell liek gang busters, its whether the ex goes on GC that determines failure IMO

That happens with every figure though. I'm sure Rex will be in stock after he's "sold out".

The Emperor just came out 3 weeks ago. And he's about $10 more expensive than he should be.

Let's make sure to remind everyone how popular the Clone Wars is by reminding folks that Animated Anakin has been in stock for 7 months.

The emeperor would have sold out had it come with force lightning hands!

But these are at least different characters..the babysitter was a joke. Look at all the amazing things that they've announced this year..greedo, hammerhead, gammy, yoda and his freaking house, ig-88...yes there are some clones that are similar, but they clones. :) Some fans who love Star Wars love troopers...these 2 are obviously for them. Some fans love aliens..hammerhead and greedo are for them. Some collectors just want the iconic pieces, stormtroopers, vader and the emperor are for them. The clones are also based on real characters...well kinda real. :) The pink, purple, green, rose, yellow, polkadot, and tie dyed babysitter is completely different...that was obviously milking the cow beyond belief. I give Sideshow props for reaching out in the line. And it's not like anyone got killed because they announced these figures.

I understand that all Clones are variations of one another, but what you're failing to see is that these are just variations of a variation we already received. Pop on those Phase 2 buckets and these are just more 212 knockoffs which is essentially no different than the babysitters. Instead of these we could've gotten any number of other Battalion clones, Phase 1 CO's, etc. Instead? A 2nd and 3rd variant of a figure we already have. Sure they come with new headsculpts, but again, essentially, they're just 212 variants of the Utapau we received already.

:lecture:lecture:lecture on both points! :exactly::goodpost:

I actually really like this set and would like to get it. The problem I forsee is it is too much at once. I will have to go flexpay if I decide to spend that much.

I understand that all Clones are variations of one another, but what you're failing to see is that these are just variations of a variation we already received. Pop on those Phase 2 buckets and these are just more 212 knockoffs which is essentially no different than the babysitters. Instead of these we could've gotten any number of other Battalion clones, Phase 1 CO's, etc. Instead? A 2nd and 3rd variant of a figure we already have. Sure they come with new headsculpts, but again, essentially, they're just 212 variants of the Utapau we received already.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I can accept these variations of a variation when it's the Hasbro 3 3/4" line, where the price is considerably lower. But when SS is charging upwards of $110.00 for these figures individually, I just go like this... :dunno:cuckoo::slap

"$300 bucks as a possible price point for this set???" :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

A lot of people/collectors/fans are also losing sight of the big picture. The prices of these "dolls" (yeah, I said it) are moving quickly into the ridiculous realm and very few are even batting an eye. This is not just with SS but with other "high-end" 1/6 figure manufacturers.

There is NO WAY that "Emperor Palpatine" can cost almost as much to manufacture than the two-pack "Sidious/Palpatine set, in only "2 years"!

Heck, I'm still shaking my head at the $75 (plus shipping) price of "Yoda"... :lol

Back