BOIL and WAXER with NUMA 12" Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just rewatched this epiose. It's a pretty good one considering most of season 1 was eehh. Hopefully they will have Helmet portraits for both phase 1 and phase 2 helmets and would look great next to cody and the regular Utapau trooper.

That episode was a blatant ripoff of Traviss' RC books. Still a great episode though. :lol

I stand by my 195.

How do you figure that?? Standard Clone Troopers are $90, and plus this Numa is probably $60. . . that's just $240 right there. Add in extra buckets for the 2 troopers. . . who knows what Sideshow values that at. . . probably $15 each :cuckoo:

I'm changing my guess to $274.99. The right to be forever ridiculed for buying it has to be worth $25 alone.

Well...if Sideshow is including Phase ll buckets with these guys, it kind of adds a bit of a troop-builder idea with these...an expensive proposition to be sure (certainly not like doing it with little Hasbro figures, eh?).
They might look good grouped together with the 212th Trooper and Cody, although I think the chances of the detailing (battle-damage/distressed look) even remotely matching the original Utapau trooper are probably nil...so not only would it look odd, but sixth-scale is just a little too big for that kind of grouping for displays (I think so anyway).

I'm sure these two will match up well for an impressive display set, for those who want them.

Clones each have 3 heads though, the sculpted face, Phase 1 bucket and Phase 2 bucket for a total of 6 heads in that package. I'm guessing at $125 per clone and likely $50 for the blue skipper doll, we'll see these at about $289.99 to $324.99.

What makes you say they will have the phase 2 helmets? Rex doesn't.

because the teaser pic from SDCC had both sets of helmets.

Orangecoloredclones.jpg

Those prequel movies are pretty terrible, as is the cartoon based on them from what I've seen. . .I stocked shelves when I was in high school and had a boss that looked like the Django Fett actor. He was a jerk.

:lol It would pay to scroll back a few pages and read older posts once in a while. I posted the pic Craw showed earlier. ;)

And I think the reason Rex doesn't is he meets his fate before they make the change. Just a hunch. :huh

the more i look at these the more i want just the clones. i wish they would offer the clones seperate and have the twilek girl as an exclusive accessory or something.

because the teaser pic from SDCC had both sets of helmets.

Orangecoloredclones.jpg

Notice the helmets that were shown in the preview are different from those too (lack of markings, etc). Plus there are 4 figures standing there, not just 2. But I do hope we get those helmets too.

As for Rex, it is possible. We did see some RotS styled ARC troopers in tonight's episode. So unless Rex bites the dust real soon, it would seem he should get a Phase 2 helmet. And then we are kind of screwed out of that since I don't see Sideshow offering that seperately. We'd have to get another Rex to get it :gah:

Notice the helmets that were shown in the preview are different from those too (lack of markings, etc). Plus there are 4 figures standing there, not just 2. But I do hope we get those helmets too.

As for Rex, it is possible. We did see some RotS styled ARC troopers in tonight's episode. So unless Rex bites the dust real soon, it would seem he should get a Phase 2 helmet. And then we are kind of screwed out of that since I don't see Sideshow offering that seperately. We'd have to get another Rex to get it :gah:

those are the same helmets, but they aren't detailed yet. why there are 4 figures, i don't know. look at the yellow striping on these compared to the newsletter image. they are the same.

so 4 helmets plus 2 heads plus little girl figure equals $300.

when they're plain, I like the Phase I buckets more than the Phase II, unless color/patterns are added then, the Phase II helmets look better to me. go figure

those are the same helmets, but they aren't detailed yet. why there are 4 figures, i don't know. look at the yellow striping on these compared to the newsletter image. they are the same.

so 4 helmets plus 2 heads plus little girl figure equals $300.

:exactly:

shame but despite being tempted - i cant see me dropping that amount of it

If they are more than 199.99, I will feel ripped of as I see the Twilek girl as an accessory, not as a fogure. It is much like the Hutt baby with CW Anakin.

In fact, as much as I like these clones, if they are any more than that, I will break my rule and wait to get them at a discount.

Unless, of course, any possible added accessories make whatever price they are worthwhile.

If they are more than 199.99, I will feel ripped of as I see the Twilek girl as an accessory, not as a fogure. It is much like the Hutt baby with CW Anakin.

Man, that's too bad, because Sideshow sees the Twi'lek girl as a revolution in 1/6 scale figures, a brand new base body, with fully sculpted arms and a modular design.

:lecture

I just realized too, to put all this in perspective, the Endor Striker Force was $180 for 3 figures. This is going to be $300 for 2 and 1/3 figures.

Man, that's too bad, because Sideshow sees the Twi'lek girl as a revolution in 1/6 scale figures, a brand new base body, with fully sculpted arms and a modular design.

Not contradicting, but where do you get this? I just don't recall any of that implication from SDCC.

To me, she's just not that different from the Bubo creature pack. I can't imagine them trying to reuse the Numa body for other stuff any more than they did Bubo.

Not contradicting, but where do you get this? I just don't recall any of that implication from SDCC.

To me, she's just not that different from the Bubo creature pack. I can't imagine them trying to reuse the Numa body for other stuff any more than they did Bubo.

I know it's early for a Saturday, especially after an all night bender. Plug in your sarcasm meter bud. ;)

I dont think he was being sarcastic. LOL. He had the :lecture.

I seriously don't think anyone should worry that this is a new trend in 1/6 figures any more than Bubo was a trend. She's an accessory or expansion item, not a figure (IMO).

Back