BOIL and WAXER with NUMA 12" Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im amazed this set sold out as fast as it did. Must have been limited to 37 pieces.

I stayed clone free until Cody and Rex were announced, then I got a 212 to go with Cody when he comes and got these 2 to go with Cody and 212 because I think they will look impressive together.

i thought about it - i really did i even logged on but you know i just dont want another clone at the mo - weve got cody and rex coming
and these just are exciting enough with limited space
shame cos they do look nice

At $90 a clone, that's $180 for two. Add in two more Phase 2 buckets, uniquely sculpted faces and a $10 3 3/4" figure and that's actually a fairly decent price.

:goodpost::goodpost:

I wonder if people would complain about the price if it was 2 Stormtroopers with an ugnaught, or 2 Snowtroopers with a Probe Droid.

if it was 2 snowtroopers and a probe droid i would have ordered 2 sets. maybe 3. As of now, i just preordered the reg. version and will prob sell numa. I am just building an army so these guys will be unique in the ranks.

Cancelled the exclusive and placed a preorder from Alter Ego for $202 and change....now, that is a great price for two figs with two helmets each and an extra character.......

I wonder if SS does listen to most of us here and wonder what the next bundle of clones will come with? I wonder if they will include R2 unit in the next offerings? Heh heh

You really believe this turkey just dropped close to $700 on these figures?

Sure its the Internet, I could post "I bought 18 Sets! I want a Clone Army! People will believe it. Anyway, ordering especially from SSC and keeping are two different things.

20 people ordered 18 will cancel, shows up on GC

Mark my words

Guaranteed that people will cancel especially considering all the stuff still in the pipe for Star Wars, we are approaching oversaturation again and usually that means delays and suddenly a huge dump one month (usually January) where the license ships almost double digit numbers of items.

You don't really need two each of the other guys, either. :lol

Well I can see for displaying as Phase I and Phase II. If I can get these on the cheap individually I'd do that.

Honestly if it was two stormies I'd have probably passed on the set.

Depending on what the Stormies came with I might bite. There would need to be a reason for the bundle like a Death Star R2 or something along those lines and it'd have to be cheaper than buying parted out not the same as buying all three separately. If Sideshow for Example offered up Boil and Waxer separately and it was the same price as buying the bundle because Numa made up the difference I would have gone that route.

There needs to be a difference not just the inclusion of a GC to get the bundle and I guarantee you that if they went bundle and individual that they'd have bundles still sitting on their site.

I wonder if SS does listen to most of us here and wonder what the next bundle of clones will come with? I wonder if they will include R2 unit in the next offerings? Heh heh

It'd be a neat way to include things like droids or even smaller characters but it has to be tempting to get the bundle cost wise IMHO.

Like I said earlier, An Echo & Fives with a young Boba would be an instant buy for me. Nothing else I can personally want besides maybe a Wedge & Biggs w/ an R2 unit or something, but let me get a SS R2 before planning that far ahead:lol

At $90 a clone, that's $180 for two. Add in two more Phase 2 buckets, uniquely sculpted faces and a $10 3 3/4" figure and that's actually a fairly decent price.

Yes but added into those $90 price tags are thier cost for development and creation of the figures..these were already created..slapping on two heads...little goatee and such. I am all for building an army..but I think the Numa should have been an exclusive and optional..by the sound of it alot of people will be selling theirs...to whom im not sure. But to each his own.

Yes but added into those $90 price tags are thier cost for development and creation of the figures..these were already created..slapping on two heads...little goatee and such. I am all for building an army..but I think the Numa should have been an exclusive and optional..by the sound of it alot of people will be selling theirs...to whom im not sure. But to each his own.

That doesn't mean anything. The price of clones has already been established at $90. 501st was just a rehashed Utapau and he was $90. Same with the Shocktrooper. Whether or not they reuse the armor, paint scheme, etc., every new clone will be $90+. Extra heads can run $25+, so doing the math on those alone, you've got $180 for both troopers and Phase 1 buckets, $50 for the ROTS buckets and another $50 for the headsculpts. Sideshow could've easily charged $280. Way I see it, we're getting free ROTS helmets and a free Numa. :huh

Back