Borderlands 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember critical hits count on him as well. Made a difference for me when I started hitting the machine in its red "eye".

Thanks for that. I try to hit him in the eye - I have a Maliwan Shock Sniper rifle that supposed to hand out the shcok 37% of the time, but it rarely seems to work that often. In BL I used alot of Acid weapons, where I could just shoot really tough enemies once and then duck and cover; they'd end up poisoning themselves out. Here the Constructor gets hit with shock and his shield bar barely moves.

I have been cruising thru the game, though. So, it's time to level-grind a bit.

I actually found the Constructor pretty easy to beat once it left and went to the gulag. My weapons did a lot more damage to it and didn't even need to get critical hits on its "eye".

Doing some side missions now before going to Opportunity to continue the main story. Went to Lynchwood and realized I need to do some level grinding / procure higher level weapons.

Thanks for that. I try to hit him in the eye - I have a Maliwan Shock Sniper rifle that supposed to hand out the shcok 37% of the time, but it rarely seems to work that often. In BL I used alot of Acid weapons, where I could just shoot really tough enemies once and then duck and cover; they'd end up poisoning themselves out. Here the Constructor gets hit with shock and his shield bar barely moves.

I have been cruising thru the game, though. So, it's time to level-grind a bit.

I kept getting surrounded by the loaders in that area, and you have to get close to the Constructor for it to drop its reflecting shield, so—and this may be a cheat-y way to do it—I jumped behind it. There's a spot directly behind it where not much can hit you. I then unloaded SMG rounds into its metal ass for about a minute and a half, then Roland helped me mop up the loaders.

I kept getting surrounded by the loaders in that area, and you have to get close to the Constructor for it to drop its reflecting shield, so—and this may be a cheat-y way to do it—I jumped behind it. There's a spot directly behind it where not much can hit you. I then unloaded SMG rounds into its metal ass for about a minute and a half, then Roland helped me mop up the loaders.

Cool, I'll have to try that.

On a side note, a local TRU put out more of the BL1 Psycho figures. I haven't seen these in stores in awhile, so they might be making a small comeback for BL2 - maybe TRU is clearing out their warehouses. No Claptrap, though.

In my quest to level grind, I've hit Lynchwood with my Lv16 Zero, who is now sniping Lv22 Bruisers. Getting some good XP, but I'm going thru ammo quick - even with crits, I still have to take too many shots.

I got past the Constructer fairly easy in the Hyperion prison area, just jumped behind him and the loot chest and unloaded until his shield died and used three Rockets

I got to the part in the Bloodshot arena where the Constructor held Roland, and I tried to get him but the bot took off to The Dust. . . is that supposed to happen, like a secondary scenario? Is it possible to destroy the bot at that location?

i'm on my second playthrough , playing true vault hunter mode wow it sure is difficult to survive. I die after about 2 bullets and i have the bee shield which is the best shield in the entire game and when in deception mode my damage is 220 thousand to 250 thousand damage per bullet

I got to the part in the Bloodshot arena where the Constructor held Roland, and I tried to get him but the bot took off to The Dust. . . is that supposed to happen, like a secondary scenario? Is it possible to destroy the bot at that location?

Yes, it can happen.

Basically, you have the kill the Constructor within a certain amount of time or it escapes to the secondary location where there is no time limit. The secondary location is a bit easier in theory because there is more terrain and areas to run-and-gun.

Yes, it can happen.

Basically, you have the kill the Constructor within a certain amount of time or it escapes to the secondary location where there is no time limit. The secondary location is a bit easier in theory because there is more terrain and areas to run-and-gun.

Yeah, that's what I did, killed the bot in The Dust, but then the bot fell on Roland, and I couldn't Turn In, basically it glitched out and I had to reload, and Roland was just standing there at the respawn point. All's well that ends well.

So, I've already read and understand that the game is a bit tougher this time out and it seems like I run out of ammo much more frequently. I've already read this in a few other reviews and comments. Has anybody found a way around this, or did Gearbox just make enemies much more resistant to bullets? Ammo drops don't seem any less plentiful, so I don't think that's the issue. Maybe the ammo drops don't give as many bullets as BL1 did?

So, I've already read and understand that the game is a bit tougher this time out and it seems like I run out of ammo much more frequently. I've already read this in a few other reviews and comments. Has anybody found a way around this, or did Gearbox just make enemies much more resistant to bullets? Ammo drops don't seem any less plentiful, so I don't think that's the issue. Maybe the ammo drops don't give as many bullets as BL1 did?

I'd say the game's tougher. I never had the difficulty in BL1 that I've had with BL2 Constructor. I mean, to me the Constructor is just cheesy. He can literally just create Loaders at will and some are the Badass Loaders. Plus, I can't stand the EXP Loaders - what manufacturing company would design a mech that just walks up to you an explode? I mean, they're bascially 8-10ft tall missiles.

Back to ammo, I find that the SDUs are a problem. I used to always upgrade my SDUs in BL and rarely ran out of ammo. Now with SDUs being reliant on Eridium (which is a bit rare), I don't get to upgrade half as often as I'd like to. In BL1 I would SDU upgrade weapon types I never even used just so I'd have that security and now in BL2 I can barely SDU upgrade the things I want.

Also, I agree that enemies are tougher. I still can't believe how many times I can shoot someone in the face (crit hit) and they still don't drop. At some point it just defies physics, if someone has been tagged several times in the face.

Went back to the Constructor after leveling and getting a better Maliwan shock sniper rifle and killed him in about a dozen shots. I ignored eveything and just worked on him and it was alot easier.

My character has a special relic from moxxi for gained xp this morning i was level 43, and 2 hours later i'm about to ding to level 48 I'll be level 50 really soon and i'll beat terramorphous then i need 3 other level 50's to take on the biggest raid boss Vermivorous which means worm eater in latin

I've completed it once with all sidemissions completed and im almost done with true vault hunter mode.

Nothing like finding great loot. Just picked up a purple-level sniper rifle that crits for 1379. Sure not the highest I've heard of, but literally double what my old rifle was doing and I've been carrying that one around for awhile.

Back