Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup win some lose some bro thats the name of the game ;)

Completely agreed. In terms of resell value it's always a win some lose some situation, however I think purchases of your favorite characters or versions of your characters are priceless and always a win. Sure at some point in time we all will sell some of our pieces, but I'd like to think there are other collectors like me who are buying statues for the memories and love of the characters themselves. That's said I am like Celtic and love this version of Thor and will be making it my first bowen purchase as well. End point buy what you like because in the end your collection should represent your interests and blow you away...but it should always have some Thor statues :wink1:

Last edited:
Completely agreed. In terms of resell value it's always a win some lose some situation, however I think purchases of your favorite characters or versions of your characters are priceless and always a win. Sure at some point in time we all will sell some of our pieces, but I'd like to think there are other collectors like me who are buying statues for the memories and love of the characters themselves. That's said I am like Celtic and love this version of Thor and will be making it my first bowen purchase as well. End point buy what you like because in the end your collection should represent your interests and blow you away.. :wink1:

QFT :clap:goodpost::exactly:

I'm torn on that modern Thor. Thor is my favorite Marvel character but I hate what has become of the Marvel Universe over the last few years. I don't even follow it anymore.

But I'm a big JMS fan so I read his run on Thor and loved it. His final issue of Thor was the last Marvel comic I've purchased.

I didn't care for the new costume at first, but it grew on me over time. I still prefer the classic costume though. I'm definitely getting the spinning hammer Thor but I can't decide if I want the modern one in my collection.

It's opposite for me, I never really cared about "sleeveless sleeve" Thor, but his current costume attracted me to check out his current series and I was hooked from the beginning. This statue is exactly what I had hoped it would looked like, so there's no way I can miss out on this. Bowen or not.
Mod%20Thor%201.jpg

Its listed as september on the bowen designs website, i called and talked to them about it and they are getting a new website very soon, that will be more user friendly with launch dates payment dates etc, which should help things imo.

Yeah that would be good their one atm is not that great - also they don't ship to the UK which is a bummer, will have to get it from the SS website. Can't wait for the movie although in past experience they haven't done marvel characters justice but who knows this could be different - made by the same production as Ironman which was great. Seeing advance preview Monday hopefully:yess:

Re: Bowen Cable Retro statue

So this piece is hard to find but when it does pop up on ebay its in the 700 range, what do you guys think is a fair price for this retro piece? I want to start saving up so I can try and get this piece in a few months.

Fair price is what you have already mentioned...$700 big ones or more. That's if you really want to add this statue to your collection in a few months. That price right there would almost guarantee you a winning auction bid for this piece.

Good luck!

So this piece is hard to find but when it does pop up on ebay its in the 700 range, what do you guys think is a fair price for this retro piece? I want to start saving up so I can try and get this piece in a few months.

The price on the Cable Retro Statue seems to be coming down. Five of the last six sales we recorded on the Bowen Sales Report were under $650 with the latest sale of $575 as the lowest we've seen:

https://www.myauctionreports.com/sales_bowen.php?product_name=Cable (Retro)

The last one had paint chips off the back of the statue. That's why it's $575

Back