Bowen Statues/Busts - Look what's coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's opposite for me, I never really cared about "sleeveless sleeve" Thor, but his current costume attracted me to check out his current series and I was hooked from the beginning. This statue is exactly what I had hoped it would looked like, so there's no way I can miss out on this. Bowen or not.
Mod%20Thor%201.jpg

I've never owned any Bowen pieces how do they stack up to SS paint jobs?
Will the Thor statue's paint look as good as in the photo?

I have to say that the paint apps on the bowen pieces I have (busts) are stellar

+1.

All my FS BD pieces have very good paint apps. I've seen far more QC issues with SSC than I've ever had with BD. Thanos, Spidey comiquette, and the pale green paint on the Hulk comiquette recently come to mind.

The beta ray bill that was just produced has great paint I have no reason to believe Thors wont be just as awesome and the classic Thor has great paint as well, I dont really think it will be an issue but check peoples collections if you want to see previous paint examples.

Is there a site that has in-hand photos of Bowen full size statues?
I just don't trust the look of the studio photos.

Statue forum and statue marvels have many collectors that have posted their pieces there. You won't see too many hear. It is the SIDESHOW freaks board after all.

I’m just curious what is the appeal of Bowen statues to others? I for one used to own the FB Thor and Cap but after acquiring my first Sideshow piece, the rest was history. I feel they are really overpriced for what they are.

1) I don't buy "brands", I buy pieces of character's I like whether it's 3 3/4", 6 inch, 1:6 scale, PF. etc
2) variety, They make a lot of character's SS hasn't/won't do
3) space, it's always cool to see people's Avengers, X-men, etc. lineups

1) I don't buy "brands", I buy pieces of character's I like whether it's 3 3/4", 6 inch, 1:6 scale, PF. etc
2) variety, They make a lot of character's SS hasn't/won't do
3) space, it's always cool to see people's Avengers, X-men, etc. lineups

I was just getting tired of seeing the same poses and identical bases being sold over n over but I see your point. Thanks for sharing.

I'm just speaking for myself, but I'm sure other people have different reasons. I only have the Bowen Deadpool right now and am looking to get Modern Thor, X-Force Wolverine, & Astonishing Cyclops so them having similar bases doesn't affect me since I'll only have a few and I actually prefer to keep everything displayed in a museum pose anyway so that's another Bowen point for me:monkey3

I'm generally not too impressed with what Bowen puts out (especially with the prices creeping ever closer to Sideshow range), but I've never chosen to write the company off entirely either. Any company that puts out this much product is bound to have at least a few pieces well worth the money. The new spinning hammer Thor statue looks divine.

and it's offical...just preordered my first Bowen statue :yess:

why Bowen...this is why:

Mod20Thor201.jpg

Totally going to pick up the Bowen spinning hammer statue as well. :clap Congrats to those who already picked it up and I pumped to see more Thor statues enter my collection.

Anyone know the projected release date of the spinning hammer Thor statue?

Last edited:
and it's offical...just preordered my first Bowen statue :yess:

why Bowen...this is why:

Mod20Thor201.jpg

Totally going to pick up the Bowen spinning hammer statue as well. :clap Congrats to those who already picked it up and I pumped to see more Thor statues enter my collection.

Anyone know the projected release date of the spinning hammer Thor statue?

For the Modern September 2011, I do not have a due date on Spinning Hammer Thor, That one Intrigues me

Back