Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a huge fan of Webhead, I think the costume is great. Just seeing webbing interact with Cap and his shield would have been enough for me. Seeing the suit was the icing on the cake. It's so great to be a comicbook fan right now.

I hate those thick black lines on his arms and boots :/

Yeah I agree. They serve no purpose. There's already enough contrast or break up between the blue and red. I could live with the thin black scallops on his thigh areas to give the blue more texture, but absolutely no need for the thick black on boot tops, shoulders, forearms, wrists, chest, abdomen, and back shoulders. Just why? :dunno It would have been near perfect without them.

They're gonna have to develop a new body for this, considering he's supposed to be 15.

Good point. Would have to be a considerably shorter body.

I still think this is why Peter is on Tony's side at first. XD

a23762d8174fbeaa6711fb7003ec8a75.jpg

Yeah I agree. They serve no purpose. There's already enough contrast or break up between the blue and red. I could live with the thin black scallops on his thigh areas to give the blue more texture, but absolutely no need for the thick black on boot tops, shoulders, forearms, wrists, chest, abdomen, and back shoulders. Just why? :dunno It would have been near perfect without them.

Those are my issues with the costume as well. And it would have been the best suit to date without them. Waste. But it's not that odd really. It's something that happens in every medium, and is even taught in most art school..to break up the large blocks of color with low/high lights. Like pin stripping. But I personally dislike it. The webbing in the suit itself serves to do that.

Now if these are functional...like they expand the suit out like iron mans new glove or work like the lenses (as those appear to have very similar black material) it would at least make it logical. This way he could just wear some arm bands and leg bands and always have his suit with him. But if they end up strictly as aesthetics I disapprove. Lol

In real life Tom Holland is only an inch shorter than RDJ, so shorter foot pegs would probably suffice.

The thing with the emoting eyes that confuses me is that, yes, I get that if it's Stark Tech it's likely going to give him different types of vision. But if it expands/contracts based on function, then it won't make sense for it to move based upon emotion; his vision would constantly be all over the place. So I think that will probably be a nod to his ability to emote through the costume in the comics, but not act as his means of doing so.

Unlesssss that's somehow "mapped" to his face, so he can express emotion to those he's talking to. Seems like a slightly excessive suit addition, but he is 15 in this, maybe he had a goofy request from Tony? Or Tony likes the wisecracking and thought it would be cool?

According to what we've heard (and it could all be crap), the eyes are supposed to give a "zoom-in/zoom-out" type of feature for enhanced vision. My guess is they are mapped to his face or something of the like and so the emoting would be something of a side effect because of the movements in his face.

Also, why are people assuming it's Stark built tech? Peter Parker is a genius, one of the highest IQs in the Marvel Universe AND in the comics he was a high school student who invented web fluid, the shooters, etc.

I would bet less on Tony going "Here kid, here is some stuff" and more like Tony saying "Here kid, here is access to some Stark Tech, make yourself something useful."

and then Parker going nuts with the available tech. I wouldn't even be shocked if jokes are cracked about what he made like

TONY: "This is what you came up with?"
PETER: "What's wrong with this?"

or something snappier or pithier than that.

I hate those thick black lines on his arms and boots :/

It's on his belt too.

spideybelt_1200_562_s.png

Realistically it'd make more sense if it were blue but it doesn't bother me much overall.

Tony Stark is a big guy in the MCU. In the armour he's supposedly around 6' 5". Actor height is kind of irrelevant.

Wouldn't call him a "big" guy. He's been listed at 5 ft 10 to 6ft 1 on different promo materials. That's for Tony Stark not RDJ. As you said, actor height is irrelevant (and I've said it many times here before).

They wouldn't have to make a new body. Shorter legs and pegs would probably be enough. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did make a new body just so the figure is different from the previous versions. All depends on what height they list Peter Parker as.

As for the post about Parker building the suit or stark not making it Becuase Peter is smart...sure he's smart. He's also a 15 year old kid. With little to no money. Could he possibly make an apiture type lens system. Maybe. Could he make it work on the suit with advanced materials that bend and flex and need software? Don't think so.

It's possible stark helps or gives him the lab. But it's still stark provided. He's not building that suit in his garage.

Exclusive: Marvel begins science program for girls

New video featuring Emily VanCamp and Elizabeth Olsen.

Has some new footage of Agent 13 fighting Winter Soldier in it :D plus two other scenes with Sharon in it with Cap.

I'm really hoping she wears the costume of her promo / concept art pics and lego figure and not just the vest outfit. Holding out hope since they haven't shown her in that outfit yet she has a bigger role in the film than we are being led to believe.

Wouldn't call him a "big" guy. He's been listed at 5 ft 10 to 6ft 1 on different promo materials. That's for Tony Stark not RDJ. As you said, actor height is irrelevant (and I've said it many times here before).

They wouldn't have to make a new body. Shorter legs and pegs would probably be enough. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did make a new body just so the figure is different from the previous versions. All depends on what height they list Peter Parker as.

As for the post about Parker building the suit or stark not making it Becuase Peter is smart...sure he's smart. He's also a 15 year old kid. With little to no money. Could he possibly make an apiture type lens system. Maybe. Could he make it work on the suit with advanced materials that bend and flex and need software? Don't think so.

It's possible stark helps or gives him the lab. But it's still stark provided. He's not building that suit in his garage.

It could be that Peter suggests various ideas for the suit that he can envision but doesn't have the resources or machinery to actually build--the aperture lenses could be Peter's suggestion for all we know (especially if he likes photography.)

I love the suit because it reminds me of the old Aurora kit from the '60s.First model kit I ever built.

Back