Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Black Widow Collectible Figure (Artisan Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wouldn't seem like a very good marketing decision to do another Artisan Widow before the first one is released.

My feelings are they will announce a Thor and a Captain America over the coming year and eventually add a new Widow down the line.

It wouldn't seem like a very good marketing decision to do another Artisan Widow before the first one is released.

My feelings are they will announce a Thor and a Captain America over the coming year and eventually add a new Widow down the line.
I'd go for a rooted Thor. I only own Roadworn and the rigid long hair is annoying. Esp. an Avengers Thor.

I'd go for a rooted Thor. I only own Roadworn and the rigid long hair is annoying. Esp. an Avengers Thor.
I'm hoping for an upgrade to all the OG Avenger figures, minus Cap (we got that with the Endgame 2012 Cap) and Iron Man (the die-cast is good enough). Would love an artisan Widow and Thor and an updated Hawkeye and Hulk...

Am I the only one to think she has a dead fish stare ?
The hair is great yeah.
But the expression...not so much.
She was also younger in that movie

I'm not seeing that in this figure
20955dbdde360335f27c60fdacc300d7.jpg

Am I the only one to think she has a dead fish stare ?
The hair is great yeah.
But the expression...not so much.
She was also younger in that movie

I'm not seeing that in this figure
View attachment 718719
Serious question and not intended as a jab: What figures do you enjoy and see an appropriate likeness on? The movable eyes make the "dead fish" problem a posing problem. With that said A) it's a doll so I'm not expecting it to express itself with it's eyes and B) I definitely don't get that vibe, I see a realism in this figure I've not seen on previous Widows...

If you're going to compare the figure to the movie then it would be wise to compare it using many pictures rather than just 1

Serious question and not intended as a jab: What figures do you enjoy and see an appropriate likeness on? The movable eyes make the "dead fish" problem a posing problem. With that said A) it's a doll so I'm not expecting it to express itself with it's eyes and B) I definitely don't get that vibe, I see a realism in this figure I've not seen on previous Widows...
Why are you asking me this ? I don't make a habit to complain about likeness, as far as I know.
I like the Endgame widow. Also the solo movie ones. She had a little smirk, some personality in the expression.
Here, I just think she looks too old and has returned to the bland expression from previous widows (Winter soldier, AOU)

EDIT : but yes, I guess the movable eyes can help with the bland stare. I didn't consider that. Still...I'm not that impressed for a figure that will be very expensive just because of the hair

I think that in a way, there is too much details. The face of the first widow, the Avengers one, while not as good likeness-wise, had a softer sculpt that makes her look younger. With so much detail and shadows now in the skin, she looks older. it's not a 1/1 head sculpt, some details need to be more subtle or else the skin, the lips look more "rough"
Maybe it's also the lighting that makes the details very apparent but for me there is something wrong. She looks like a 39 years old ScarJo cosplaying her look in IM 2 today.

Why are you asking me this ? I don't make a habit to complain about likeness, as far as I know.
I like the Endgame widow. Also the solo movie ones. She had a little smirk, some personality in the expression.
Here, I just think she looks too old and has returned to the bland expression from previous widows (Winter soldier, AOU)

EDIT : but yes, I guess the movable eyes can help with the bland stare. I didn't consider that. Still...I'm not that impressed for a figure that will be very expensive just because of the hair
I asked because I think it's one of the best likenesses they've done. Didn't look at your post history, this was more a "if you don't see what I see, what do you think great looks like?". I was just surprised at the gap in our perspectives. No ill will intended. If it's a cost versus quality question, I can see that perspective a bit more, but I still preordered and am excited to see it in-hand.

Is there -anywhere- reputatble that is still offering this? (to the UK).

I keep coming back to this thread and end up wanting this thing.

I asked because I think it's one of the best likenesses they've done. Didn't look at your post history, this was more a "if you don't see what I see, what do you think great looks like?". I was just surprised at the gap in our perspectives. No ill will intended. If it's a cost versus quality question, I can see that perspective a bit more, but I still preordered and am excited to see it in-hand.
And that's fine, enjoy it if you love it^^
I don't want to make you change your mind. It just doesn't do it for me. But I never said it's ugly or anything. I feel like she looks old and a little bored. The moveable eyes should help. It's still definitely ScarJo.
And I would say I'm even quite tolerant towards likeness. I can appreciate "passable" likeness on 150$ figures.
But if it's a 600$ figure like the Wonder Woman artisan WB100 figure, yeah it's not good enough for me. It's not the 25 years old ScarJo of Iron man 2.

It is interesting that commentators in HK mentioned that this sculpt looks older in the announcement pictures, but when they saw it in person at ACGHK, the sculpt actually looks younger, a bit softer and closer to her look at the time of IM2 than say her solo movie. It was all in the lighting.

As for the eyes, the rolling eyeballs helped tremendously this time as she got really expressive eyes and those who have seen it in HK in person (not me unfortunately) believed they have alleviated the risk of the blank stare tremendously.

I have to admit that I am still pinching myself a week later because I am so surprised that I actually landed the PO for this one. A lot of folks in livestreams and forums have been saying this was their #1 most exciting pick out of this summer’s HT announcements and there is a potential this could be a true masterpiece and grail in a Marvel collection. I just hope we can get more pictures of it on display. Unfortunately, outside of HK and Shanghai, it was not displayed in Japan, Thailand or Taiwan in their respective SDCC equivalent recently. Nor is it on display at Secret Base in HK after ACGHK, as I gathered.

Last edited:
Cheers for this, grabbed one from here. Never used them before, but we'll soon (haha [we won't, this is Hot Toys]) find out.
Sweet! I use them a lot to avoid fees on figures I can wait a few extra weeks for
They have similar payment plans too, or better ones. Its great. Nice packaging too unless you hate Styrofoam peanuts :lol

Sweet! I use them a lot to avoid fees on figures I can wait a few extra weeks for
They have similar payment plans too, or better ones. Its great. Nice packaging too unless you hate Styrofoam peanuts :lol

Well I mean, it's shipping to the UK (same VAT rate though) so we'll see about the fees. But the price wasn't bad for what this is. (y)

If you use them then I can pretty much be assured it's all above board (compared to some sketchy Google results).

For Euro buyers:
https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/en/4...dow-artisan-edition-special-edition-28cm.html

High price but probably less than Sideshow+import fees
I'm in france. I know them. They are not the cheapest though. But they have the figures in preorder before everyone. I never had a problem with them but most of the time I can find the figures cheaper on other websites. But these other websites are maybe only in France, I don't know...
Deriv'store is good also. THey don't have Widow yet. But they are a bit cheaper. For example for a Hot Toys Shin Hati, it's 20€ cheaper on Deriv'Store.

Did the question about edition size get answered? exactly how many are they making of this? 6K total or 6K per region it's being sold in?

Did the question about edition size get answered? exactly how many are they making of this? 6K total or 6K per region it's being sold in?

From what info available from HT and other sites: HK-ACGHK 2024: 1100 pieces (600 SE, 500 CE) Shanghai-Chinajoy 2024: 480 pieces (300 SE, 180 CE) Worldwide thru SSC: 6000 pieces (4000 SE, 2000 CE).

The ACGHK 1100 pieces were split in 2 stages 800 pieces (600 SE, 200 CE) during exhibition. 300 CE pieces were available to PO at Secret Base (HT store) on 8/1 after ACGHK.

The SE is available for preorder at Toysapien in Japan, no word on piece limits. Not sure if the CE is available in Japan.

No word on availability in any other markets thus far.

Last edited:
Back