Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not world average.

And? What difference does that make when we are talking about an American from an American film based on an American company's comic? Add to that the world average male height is 5 ft 9 inches...a massive one inch less then the big 5 ft 10 American average height. We are talking about the average height. So no, I do not see 5 ft 10, or 6 foot even, as a big person. The average height in Denmark is 6ft 1. That has absolutely no impact on how an American character is viewed, but neither does average world height. The character is portrayed, lets go with approximately, the average height of a man (again, average) in his demographic. (USA average 5ft10 and Europe is also 5ft 10...Australia is 5ft 10...pretty much his demo)So, not big.

Last edited:
As for the post about Parker building the suit or stark not making it Becuase Peter is smart...sure he's smart. He's also a 15 year old kid. With little to no money. Could he possibly make an apiture type lens system. Maybe. Could he make it work on the suit with advanced materials that bend and flex and need software? Don't think so.

It's possible stark helps or gives him the lab. But it's still stark provided. He's not building that suit in his garage.

It could be that Peter suggests various ideas for the suit that he can envision but doesn't have the resources or machinery to actually build--the aperture lenses could be Peter's suggestion for all we know (especially if he likes photography.)

That's really my point, people are acting as if Peter walks into Stark Industries and is handed this suit, whereas I'm arguing that Tony gives him the means to do whatever he likes and this is what he comes up with.

I wouldn't call either of them is big. Sorry. Not when Cap and Thor are 6ft 4. 5ft 10 is the average male height these days. So not exactly big.

That's like saying an elephant isn't big because Diplodocus were bigger. Somewhere between 5' 10" and 6' 1" is taller than average.

That's like saying an elephant isn't big because Diplodocus were bigger. Somewhere between 5' 10" and 6' 1" is taller than average.

No, it's not. Between 5ft 10 and 6ft is in fact AVERAGE height of a man. Not big. Not even above average. It's in fact the exact definition of average. Not opinion. Not a guess. It is the statistical and medical DEFINITION of AVERAGE. Not big. Not large. Not oversized or supersized. Average. Plain as day.

I used the example of two men who where actual evidence of bigger then average (cap and Thor) to show what big actually is. Someone over the average size of a white man from Europe (average men height of 5ft 10) or America (average men height of 5ft 10) or Australia (average men height of 5ft 10). Not the height of an entirely different species(your analogy) or even a different race/ethnicity of human males.

Do you guys think Hot Toys will make another figure of Vision for CW? If so, what could they possibly do to it to differentiate it from the AOU version?

It's in fact actual average. Lol from the WHO to us dept of health...5 ft 10 IS the average height.

Somewhere between 5' 10" and 6' 1" is taller than average.

No, it's not. Between 5ft 10 and 6ft is in fact AVERAGE height of a man. Not big. Not even above average. It's in fact the exact definition of average. Not opinion. Not a guess. It is the statistical and medical DEFINITION of AVERAGE. Not big. Not large. Not oversized or supersized. Average. Plain as day.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Are you guys seriously arguing about men's height? :slap

Why don't you just wait and see how tall the figure will be when proto pics come out, instead of arguing about something neither of you can actually confirm until the proto pics come out?

Back