Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny how Cap's team is fighting to keep their identities secret yet no one on the team has secret identity :lol

rsSka2.jpg

So glad Black Widow got rid of those wedge heels! Never liked them. Hopefully she'll have much better ankle articulation. Her legs look really cool

Its funny how Cap's team is fighting to keep their identities secret yet no one on the team has secret identity :lol

rsSka2.jpg

So glad Black Widow got rid of those wedge heels! Never liked them. Hopefully she'll have much better ankle articulation. Her legs look really cool

I think Civil War in this movie necessarily isn't about secret identities like it was in the comics.

I think Civil War in this movie necessarily isn't about secret identities like it was in the comics.

I certainly hope not, that's not the issue(s) that have been brewing in phase one and two of the MCU. I'm actually having a hard time imagining either Cap or Iron Man siding with government control and oversight of powered people though. Cap has a bad taste in his mouth from the way things went down with Shield and Stark never wanted to concede anything he had to the government. To me, this has to be a continuation of Stark's fears that build in Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron. For Stark It's about security for Captain America it will be about freedom. I think those will be the issues in tension and as such they will serve as a "comic book" commentary on our real world struggle with those issues.

I think Scarlet Witch has something to do with whatever sparks the war and she could be locked up or something in the beginning of the movie.

Solid theory. Would harken back to the comics where she wasn't always fully in control ... which would make sense in the MCU, especially after Pietro's death

I can't get over how bad-ass WM looks! :gah:

That's the perfect WM in my eyes. I know the Mark 1 was closer to the comic representation, but it was too bulky for my taste and preferred the Mark 2 version. The Mark 3 looks like a perfect modern representation of a bulky yet sleek WM!

My guess is that since there no accountability the government is forcing heroes to register and Cap doesn't like that.

Yeah I think this is exactly what it's gonna be. It's mainly gonna be about having to register with the government and all that, so it's basically still the same story without giving away the secret identities and with less characters and supervillains....Dude...actually we don't know if Cap will recruit supervillains like he involved them in the comics...what if Cap recruits Blonksy or something. Is Ross Pro-Reg?

Which is a shame, since the actress from agents of SHIELD has done films in the past and could've easily been included in a minor role.

I know, right? :( Clint and Bobbi is my absolute favorite couple in the Marvel Universe and we're never gonna get that. It's a real shame. I thought Adrienne was great in GI Joe, too. I just seriously hope that Bobbi and Quake make it to film someday. I mean, if film characters can make it into AoS why not vice versa? I know Sif isn't exactly a well known character among casual fans but Fury made it to screen. Jeremy and Robert have both been open to appearing on AoS too.

But other than that, I hope Bobbi really does poo up in film someday alongside Clint. Hell I hope we eventually see the whole Defenders crew too. I wanna see like 20-30 Avengers assembling on screen like we get in the books all the time. Now THAT would be a sight to see.

I just hope that they portray the morality play pretty evenly. Even if Tony's decision was always displayed as more "wrong", one of the only things I liked about the old Civil War comic is that even Captain America gets a bit excessive in his methods just to preserve their sense of freedom as superheroes. If the movie ends up being a one-sided argument in favor of Cap, it would be really grating.

Still I'm really excited for this. Could very well be the first time I'll pick up a Cap and Iron Man HT figure.

Back