Captain America PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monk said:
The Captain has quite literally displaced Lurtz on my table space. Move over, you glorified Orc!

Can anyone out there modify a Lurtz PF head so that I can stick it under Cap's boot? :lol

That'd be funny. What about Magneto or Wolverine or.....Iron Mans:D

Monk said:
The Captain has quite literally displaced Lurtz on my table space. Move over, you glorified Orc!

Can anyone out there modify a Lurtz PF head so that I can stick it under Cap's boot? :lol

I got my Exclusive today...#8 no less. He is really, really impressive! The thing is I don't know if he goes with my collection any longer....I've kinda moved to 1:1 busts and a Jabba display/Star Wars 12". Argggghhh I'm really torn on this one...and I know I'm gonna love the exclusive Darkness when he comes out as well.....not to mention the PF's I already couldn't part with are taking up a lot of room!(Green Hulk, GGobbie, Wolvie...sold all of my other PF's) HELP!!!! I really wish this would have sucked instead of being so awesome. :monkey2 :D

Monk said:
I agree with everything you just said. Most especially the remarks about my photos.

Seriously, though, after seeing your pics, I thought, "Why bother?" Great stuff coming from Khev's corner, certainly. :D

As soon as you posted that you received yours I thought, "Better take one last batch of pics while the lighting is good before Monk post's his and blows everyone away..." :lol

Thanks though, yours really are some of the best (if not THE best in the thread.) Some of the other pics many pages back are just awesome too (Spliff's come immediately to mind.)

As for mine I give the great majority of the credit to SS for producing a PF that photographs so awesomely at every angle.

BellaCrawling003.jpg

BellaCrawling005.jpg

Cap3.jpg

Cap8.jpg

Picture297.jpg

IMG_0030.png

:rock

(For anyone just joining the thread only the top two are mine. The other pics are from Monk, Hew, and Spliff, respectively.)

Khev said:
As for mine I give the great majority of the credit to SS for producing a PF that photographs so awesomely at every angle.
Cap3.jpg

Cap8.jpg

As do I, although I have to lend a good chunk of credit to Nikon for the D200's ability to render color so brilliantly. :rock

Vader AL said:

let's see more pics with people using different heads under his foot.

be careful and make sure there is weight from his left foot on it so it doesn't put too much stress on his right foot.

Monk said:
As do I, although I have to lend a good chunk of credit to Nikon for the D200's ability to render color so brilliantly. :rock

You definitely have a great set up as we've seen in this and prior image threads. I haven't gone through the whole Darth Maul thread, did you get that PF as well? I'd love to see a sweet pic of him next to Cap, just to compare the sizes and because SS did such a great job with both of them.

I really need to find a good print/poster to go with this. I'm not gonna use an issue cause they're smaller than I'd like to accompany it. Gotta start looking.

Khev said:
You definitely have a great set up as we've seen in this and prior image threads. I haven't gone through the whole Darth Maul thread, did you get that PF as well? I'd love to see a sweet pic of him next to Cap, just to compare the sizes and because SS did such a great job with both of them.

Maul will get here as soon as DSC receives his shipment from Sideshow. :( It seems Sideshow has determined that those who take advantage of the awesome deals offered by dealers must pay for it with delays in the arrival of their statues. :lol

so bodie has turned into a spammer now? good for him.

Vader AL said:
i have The Captain in his modern head and shield and the nazi helmet. i pretend he went into a time warp. :) i just like the nazi helmet better than the robot head.

Well he did fight Nazis with the modern mask and round shield, as early as issue #2 in fact....

2-3.jpg

But like the first suit his stripes only covered the front of his lower torso and there was a blue ring around his shield.

If you want total accuracy you can consider him to represent issue #264:

264-13.jpg

Here's another representation of the diamond shield that matches up with SS's color scheme and it predates the Garney/Waid era by over 15 years (in issue #247:

247-12.jpg

Finally, issue #255 in the early 80's (John Byrne I believe) retells his origin with his original costume yet it too seems to match up with SS's rendition of colors and stripes:

255-11.jpg

Given that I have no problems whatsoever with any of the choices SS made in designing his suit and shield(s). Bigger shocker. :)

My Captain America EX #21/875 could be displayed with Captain America #21 :D

296-CAPA021_covcol.jpg

Too bad I didn't get #25/875. :( At risk of sounding ungrateful for my good fortune in acquiring the low edition number I received, it would still be ultra-cool to display it with the issue of Cap's death. :rock

Back