Captain America PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow awesome pics. Why don't you like the mixed media filip.

I just never really cared for cloth costumes. They always looked cheezy to me. I like when you can see all the details of a statue. It's just a preference of mine. I will admit that there are rare occasions where it looks incredible. Joker, Mystique, and Skaar look incredible in mixed media. I also have to admit that the WIP shots we have seen of the Batman and Superman PFs look fantastic. I don't know what they did different with Bats and Supes costumes but they look totally different from most full cloth costumes I've seen on most PFs. For example, I hated the choice of cloth on most earlier PFs. They look like felt costumes. Cap, Wolverine, and especially Sabretooth just looked horrible to me. They look like thin fuzzy PJs my kids wear to me. This is not the case with Bats & Supes. Their costumes look far better IMHO. If SSC starts putting that kind of quality in all of their mixed media pieces, I'll definitely be picking up more of them.

That all being said, my preference will almost always be 1/4 fully sculpted statues. It's just what I like most.

Just made my 1st payment for this. Seriously excited. I'm hoping I can get it completely payed up within the month. I can't believe I've got the Wolverine & Thor PF's coming next week & this guy coming soon. I can't wait to see them all in person & obviously displayed :)

Yeah the wolverine and saber tooth do look poor. I love the Thor and Cap though. Hope to own both one day. Congrats RB on picking these up.

I really like Wolverine PF from what I've seen. I know there's a few who don't like it but I can't have a Marvel collection without a Wolverine. I think he looks great when displayed with the other Marvel PF's like this collection here.
[ame]https://youtu.be/Y2iQW0vC8BU[/ame]

Yea, that is a cool display. Good lighting is key.

Yeah he's done a great job there. Really classy setup. How have you got your collection displayed Darth. I've seen your SYS thread but there's no pictures of your actual display. Your got a lot of cool stuff, would be good to see.

Yeah he's done a great job there. Really classy setup. How have you got your collection displayed Darth. I've seen your SYS thread but there's no pictures of your actual display. Your got a lot of cool stuff, would be good to see.

Heh, I don't have a real display, to be honest. I posted my computer desk a couple of days ago. That is my display place right now. I have stuff scattered all over my apartment. Swords, statues, props, etc. :)

I plan to do a big overhaul over the summer. Then I'll have a real display with lights and glass doors and all that.

I am so happy to finally have this wonderful piece in my collection. After looking at all photo's and video on YouTube he actually look better in hand

I was lucky enough to get the Ex version all original box and shipper as well as Hulk Pf from the same collector out here in Australia.

Obviously with weight and the fact our dollar was 0.75 when these items came out I never expected to find them here.

To say I am a happy camper does not begin to cover it. Only need the Spider-Man com and my most wanted list is filled :)

I am so happy to finally have this wonderful piece in my collection. After looking at all photo's and video on YouTube he actually look better in hand

I was lucky enough to get the Ex version all original box and shipper as well as Hulk Pf from the same collector out here in Australia.

Obviously with weight and the fact our dollar was 0.75 when these items came out I never expected to find them here.

To say I am a happy camper does not begin to cover it. Only need the Spider-Man com and my most wanted list is filled :)

Congrats on pick up those awesome statues. I wish I could find a Pf hulk here in Australia, the high postage cost from overseas is the reason I haven't got one yet.

I just never really cared for cloth costumes. They always looked cheezy to me. I like when you can see all the details of a statue. It's just a preference of mine. I will admit that there are rare occasions where it looks incredible. Joker, Mystique, and Skaar look incredible in mixed media. I also have to admit that the WIP shots we have seen of the Batman and Superman PFs look fantastic. I don't know what they did different with Bats and Supes costumes but they look totally different from most full cloth costumes I've seen on most PFs. For example, I hated the choice of cloth on most earlier PFs. They look like felt costumes. Cap, Wolverine, and especially Sabretooth just looked horrible to me. They look like thin fuzzy PJs my kids wear to me. This is not the case with Bats & Supes. Their costumes look far better IMHO. If SSC starts putting that kind of quality in all of their mixed media pieces, I'll definitely be picking up more of them.

That all being said, my preference will almost always be 1/4 fully sculpted statues. It's just what I like most.

i might let go of my cap pf, just dont want to be stressed no more on keeping the cloth clean.

If you do you definitely won't be short of buyers. Especially if you own the Ex. I can't wait until I get mine :yess:

i agree. personally not a fan of the Ex, i like the non-vintage costume better. besides i dont think the vintage costume goes well with an ultron underneath.

i agree. personally not a fan of the Ex, i like the non-vintage costume better. besides i dont think the vintage costume goes well with an ultron underneath.

I'm not a fan of the Ex either but I so like the look of the old shield but I still wouldn't display him with it.

I'm not a fan of the Ex either but I so like the look of the old shield but I still wouldn't display him with it.

I really dont mind the EX personally. I love the look of the old shield, not so much the exclusive head but i do prefer the WW2 helmet he stands on rather than Ultrons head...still, nice to have the option :yess:

Yeah some people love it the Ex way & I can definitely see why. I just prefer the round shield. The Reg is how I picture CA that's why I really like it that way but it is always nice to have the option though.

i might let go of my cap pf, just dont want to be stressed no more on keeping the cloth clean.

I only own one PF with a full cloth costume besides Mystique. Mystique is very easy to dust. Her outfit is made of synthetic leather. My other fully clothed PF is Joker. I noticed he is a pain in the @ss to keep clean. So, I can understand your frustration on keeping your Cap clean. Dusting my fully sculpted pieces is a breeze.

Back