Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Fury was like Pa Kent always telling her to let people die until it was the "right time" to reveal herself and when his lolnado moment finally came he said okay time to call her, lol.

I didn’t buy any Killmonger toys though...Zzz Zzz

Zemo> Killmonger

K5ofz0F.png

I don't get it personally:dunno - unless it's like, desperation for ANYTHING Marvel and/or credit scenes:google but:

https://movieweb.com/captain-marvel-ticket-presales/

Thus far, Captain Marvel is on pace to shatter Marvel pre-sales records for Atom Tickets. Captain Marvel has already eclipsed other Marvel movies including Deadpool 2, Ant-Man and The Wasp, Black Panther, and Venom in the first 24 hours of pre-sales on Atom Tickets. This is remarkable because the movie's opening is still two months away. And while Avengers: Infinity War still holds the top spot for best 24-hour pre-sales, tickets to the movie went on sale just 42 days before it's opening. It's looking like Captain Marvel could outpace it in terms of overall pre-sales on Atom Tickets...

Captain Marvel resale tickets are also soaring high at Fandango. Advance tickets for Captain Marvel went on sale on Fandango this past Monday at 6 p.m. ET, and in its first 24 hours of sales, the highly anticipated blockbuster has taken its place among Fandango's Top Three MCU First Day Pre-Sellers (alongside Avengers: Infinity War and Black Panther).

Captain Marvel (opening March 8) is beating Marvel Cinematic Universe ensemble movies like Captain America: Civil War and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, as well as MCU solo outings like Ant-Man and the Wasp, Thor: Ragnarok and Doctor Strange in their first 24 hours of presales on Fandango.

Now that looks much more interesting that the actual scene from BP, lol.

It was a better fight scene than half of the MCU library. :dunno

The shear emotional impact of T'Challa *seemingly* getting killed and then thrown over the waterfall alone makes it a win IMO.

The shear emotional impact of T'Challa *seemingly* getting killed and then thrown over the waterfall alone makes it a win IMO.

Even better than Cap vs IM at the end of Civil War? :chase

;)

I agree. I don't remember the fight, but I remember the outcome. Killmonger taking Wakanda was cool. The moment was better than the airport fight in CW, any Thor fight, or any Iron Man fight in the Iron Man films. Same goes for Antman and GOTG.

CAPTAIN MARVEL Currently Expected To Score A Massive $160 Million Opening Weekend

That's not too bad. This part is crazy:

According to Box Office Pro, the current estimate for Captain Marvel's debut is $160 million with a $140 million low and a $180 million high. That puts it on good standing leading into the summer and it could ultimately reach $465 million domestically (a number which puts it in the $1 billion worldwide range).

What's going to be really interesting is seeing whether or not Captain Marvel is able to top Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice's $166 million opening; if Carol Danvers' origin story can beat the first big screen meeting between the Dark Knight and Man of Steel, that truly shows that Marvel Studios is a force to be reckoned with and by far one of the most dominant franchises in the history of cinema.

CM has an unfair advantage of being perceived as being directly tied to AEG due to IW post credit scene.

That is some mighty wind to have in your sails and the same applies for Spiderman FFH.

Marvel be giving a warm up (IW) to the warm up (CM) leading up to AEG.

Marvel be crazy yo lol

Last edited:
My wife had me watch BP this weekend with her and I have to say Shuri was given a really dumb moment in the movie for somebody who’s super power is her superior intelligence she sure came off sounding stupid when she angrily asked M’baku why they had her brother laying on ice knowing he was comatose coming back from near death.

Any idiot on the street knows ice = attempt to slow death!

That’s just bad writing right there trying to create drama.

She should’ve been given a line something like “Thank you great M’Baku for putting him on ice”

It would’ve respected her character’s intelligence while simultaneously building up M’Baku’s character.

I’m lol too lol

I swear I keep repeating that sentence and i’m laughing like the 89 Joker. :lol

But it doesn’t change the fact that she came off sounding clueless.

As to Mendelsohn's character in TDKR being underwhelming - I could be wrong about how early Mendelsohn hit fame - maybe he was well known back then and I just happened to be oblivious to him in which case I could see why that role would be disappointing.

The only pre-TDKR role I could remember was about 20 years prior:

Last edited:
Back