Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to look forward to this mainly for Ben Mendelsohn's character. I really hope he's at least a halfway decent villain and not wasted like he was in TDKR and RO.

I'm starting to look forward to this mainly for Ben Mendelsohn's character. I really hope he's at least a halfway decent villain and not wasted like he was in TDKR and RO.

I had never heard of Ben Mendelsohn when he was in TDKR so had no notion of him being wasted by that film. Is this a retroactive response now that he is better known?

As for Rogue One, I don't feel he was wasted there either - because he was bullied around by Tarkin and Vader? I think there would have been greater outrage if he was above either of those two. But I think the character still stood on his own, memorable enough.

I'm still looking forward to this. I hope I'm not letdown. My only real worry is the cramming of girl power down our throats. "Girls Rule, Boys Drool".... :lol

The only thing I've been annoyed with from the beginning were the statements saying Captain Marvel will be the most powerful character (not Hero) in the MCU. That's just a laughable statement with having Odin, Hela, Surtur, Ego (a celestial!), Thor (especially after IW) and of course Thanos himself. Even Doctor Strange. She's up there, but she's not all powerful.

I'm very curious as to what the future will hold after A4 for the MCU going forward if we really are seeing the end to the original heroes. And whether or not my enthusiasm to see these movies remains. After all, it's near impossible to top the journey leading to Infinity War and Endgame.

Yur last sentence is spot on but then I remember that X-Men and FF are in the freaking MCU and my hands start sweating lol

I had never heard of Ben Mendelsohn when he was in TDKR so had no notion of him being wasted by that film. Is this a retroactive response now that he is better known?

As for Rogue One, I don't feel he was wasted there either - because he was bullied around by Tarkin and Vader? I think there would have been greater outrage if he was above either of those two. But I think the character still stood on his own, memorable enough.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

Chakor I hope you appreciate a-dev schooling you in this manner it will only make you a better geek lol

I wouldn't say I schooled him :lol That's my opinion on Krennic but I also do think it is accurate to say that people would have been pissed off if he had been retconned in as Tarkin's boss - ANH gave no impression that Tarkin had to report to anyone other than the Emperor. With what they did do I found that rather interesting that Tarkin muscled aside someone else who had been the overseer of the Death Star - a minor retcon but it played host to some very good scenes.

As to Mendelsohn's character in TDKR being underwhelming - I could be wrong about how early Mendelsohn hit fame - maybe he was well known back then and I just happened to be oblivious to him in which case I could see why that role would be disappointing.

I'm very curious as to what the future will hold after A4 for the MCU going forward if we really are seeing the end to the original heroes. And whether or not my enthusiasm to see these movies remains. After all, it's near impossible to top the journey leading to Infinity War and Endgame.

Tony Stark and Pepper Potts will get divorced, Tony will go back to making missiles for the military, Steve will go back to being a scrawny weakling, Thor will retire on some island, Tony and Pepper's son will be inexplicably mad and make himself an "Eternity Glove" so that he can finish what Bucky started and we'll *do it all again!* Dun dun dunnn!

lol

I wouldn't say I schooled him :lol That's my opinion on Krennic but I also do think it is accurate to say that people would have been pissed off if he had been retconned in as Tarkin's boss - ANH gave no impression that Tarkin had to report to anyone other than the Emperor. With what they did do I found that rather interesting that Tarkin muscled aside someone else who had been the overseer of the Death Star - a minor retcon but it played host to some very good scenes.

As to Mendelsohn's character in TDKR being underwhelming - I could be wrong about how early Mendelsohn hit fame - maybe he was well known back then and I just happened to be oblivious to him in which case I could see why that role would be disappointing.

Poor guy got his next snapped by Bane for talking up to him. Bane is Randy here when someone on twitter says they deserve a Pred 2 Harrigan figure because of the amount of $$$ they spent on the line. :lol

03B43025-2032-4219-938F-DDDCA3D0ED27.jpeg

I say he was wasted in RO because I can't remember what the plot of that movie even was well enough to tell you what, specifically, his role was or why he was the villain. I just remember liking his costume design and vaguely recall him being taken out by some random character in deus ex machina-style (I believe it was the boyfriend guy who they're making a TV series about now?).

All IMO of course.

I’m just messing with little Chakor :lol

This said by the Hobbit trilogy and Rob Zombie Halloween fan. :lol

I was getting worried you left your sense of humor back at Snyder’s DCEU.

Awf cawrse I don’t like RZ H2 better than BP!

But Hobbit trilogy is lol

Last edited:
What i am excited about this movie is Nick Fury and that worries me to be honest.

*Gloomily* from what I've seen it'll be SLJ and the rest of the cast that carry this film. Including the cat. And I don't have an issue w. Brie Larsen. Except think it's a miscast here.

Or for me it's not working. Like I could totally believe ScarJo's Black Widow could lean over you in a tight dress, smile, and slip a knife into your lungs. That Liz Olsen's SW could lose it and explode your brain. That Vakyrie could drink you under the table and kick your *ss. Nebula wouldn't even wait that long.

This CM (re the trailers) just feels like a character that's not sure what it's supposed to be - charming and sardonic? Badass? Still feels like a little girl - just not believable.
Hello Disney TV series.

I might give BP a hard time but my T’Chaka and Vibranium powered T’Challa arrive tomorrow. :lol

I didn’t buy any Killmonger toys though...Zzz Zzz

Zemo> Killmonger

Anyways....

Lets wrap this Avengers thing up nicely Marvel and get working on announcing who your new Wolverine will be his casting has become as big a deal as Batman used to be.

Bucky not Falcon takes on the Cap mantle please and give Cap a great send off. :pray:

If it’s Falcon that’s fine I guess I have nothing against him but Bucky came first.....wait wat.

I hope Captain Marvel is a skrull lol

Back