Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9821A7AC-F0C8-4992-A71B-CA6E7089125A.jpeg
BDFEAC57-ADDC-4427-974B-902668E26C37.jpeg
796DEB08-861A-4D9C-AEC2-A9E276FA5CCE.jpeg

It's a good thing she has powers because otherwise, I could never take a skinny girl like that seriously.

Gadot is a bodybuilder next to Brie. She's tall too...and even in that gif, her personality shines. She's super cute and sexy at the same time.

:lol :clap

I was by no means defending Brie Larson, but Gadot is a terrible actor. She gets a pass because she's eye candy. :yess:
:(

I think Brie's the better actress, but that only goes so far. Gadot is only 3" taller than Larson, but based on what we've seen in the CM trailers it seems like more. Larson's waif-like stature is probably what bothers me most - so far there doesn't seem to be any attempt to film her in a way that disguises that. Being an ensemble action flick would no doubt present challenges in doing so, but if Hollywood has been able to make Tom Cruise appear to be a normal sized man in movies for all these years, you'd think they could have figured out a way to make Brie look a bit taller.

Her problem isn't her height, it's he frame. She's skinny. OG capt Marvel looked muscular like a fitness model. Modern CM, which is what Brie is playing, still has a curvy body.

I'd say the modern CM is more athletic than curvy, but as Brie is neither I think we're on the same page. My point is if Gadot was blond and wearing that suit (or better yet, it was a younger Charlize Theron), everyone would be saying she's the prototypical Captain Marvel. Her height/stature (especially relative to other characters) does influence one's perception.

I just cant stop seeing a computer game here. Steppenwolf was horrible but that was the case because it was rushed due to the changes. There is no changes here or hiccups just looks bad. I'm still watching it obviously.

Yeah this movie doesn't scream top shelf entertainment but it doesn't look horrible either. They certainly weren't going out of their way to silence any critics with that TV spot though with the way they made sure that every single shot of her had that same frowny face expression, lol.

Looks MEH to me- Solo "train" fight was far more impressive- and Sam Jackson now is Agent J...sigh

Back