Catwoman Bootleg Coming (Returns not Halle)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are your nipples rubbed off?

Hmmm, no. I'm avoiding smart ass comments but yours doesn't look too bad in the pics, is it that bad in hand?
:(

I would recommend a fine tip black pen. I have used this before on paper products that the ink has come off of, this leatherette is very similar. And if it looks matte still a tiny amount of varnish. But I bet you won't even see it once it's as pure black as the rest.
Hope that's some help?

would recommend a fine tip black pen. I have used this before on paper products that the ink has come off of, this leatherette is very similar. And if it looks matte still a tiny amount of varnish. But I bet you won't even see it once it's as pure black as the rest.
Hope that's some help?

Yeah, I was thinking of using a Sharpie (magic marker).

Will try that, and if the matte look bugs me I will want more info about the "varnish" you speak of. :)

Hmmm, no. I'm avoiding smart ass comments...

:lol :lol :lol

...but yours doesn't look too bad in the pics, is it that bad in hand?
:(

Nah, it's not that bad. Wont be trying to get a replacement or anything crazy.

:lol:lol:lol

Spoke too soon.

Who let the troll in...

My one has some rubbing in that area too. But to be honest unless you know what youre looking for youll never see it, its very minor and doesnt take anything away from the figure.

Just used the black marker on it. Less noticeable now but I'd like any suggestions for how to get that nipple shinny again. :D

Just used the black marker on it. Less noticeable now but I'd like any suggestions for how to get that nipple shinny again. :D

Dry brush some gloss clear acryl or you could lick it. :monkey5

Still not going to give in and give a smart ass answer. I would recommend a tiny brushing of clear acrylic varnish. Almost dry brush on the spot.

Just noticed mine has a tiny mark similar to yours, but you really have to look closely (at catwoman's breasts!) to see it, I guess its a manufacturing artifact. The way the fabric is seamed.

Excellent figure though. Really, really impressed!

It's because she wan't fixed to the inside plastic packaging. She was able to lean forward and her nips touched and rubbed on the box window. I also have a small mark on her left boot.

Could you post a link to the clear varnish you speak of?

Would it stay flexible?

It's because she wan't fixed to the inside plastic packaging. She was able to lean forward and her nips touched and rubbed on the box window. I also have a small mark on her left boot.

Could you post a link to the clear varnish you speak of?

Would it stay flexible?

The benefit of using Acrylic varnish is that it doesn't really crack or yellow. Its water soluble and can be applied very lightly. Basically you won't ____ it up easily! Any model acrylic varnish will do. Easy to get hold of. I would apply a tiny dry brushing of the varnish to get the sheen back, there isn't much movement there on the figure anyway, but the varnish won't crack which is what you need. Best of luck with it, if its really bothering you go for it man!

Heres a blurb from a paint site:

Acrylic Medium – Gloss & Matte
These liquid mediums are made with the same 100% acrylic emulsion used in our acrylic paints. They can used to thin and extend acrylic colours. Acrylic mediums dry to a clear, flexible, insoluble, non-yellowing film. Both mediums make excellent adhesives for collage and craft work. The addition of fumed silica to the matte medium imparts an even, matte finish.
Sold in – 265ml 500ml & 1L Cylinders – 4L Jugs – 23.5L Pails
:wink1:

If my past purchases are any indication, today is actually when Store-Rooms orders should start to trickle in. I know I'll be keeping an eye out for Mr. Postman over the next few days...

Nothing yet for me...

As for fixing the nipple issue I'd agree with the above posts. Either a marker or even a dab of paint and some clear acrylic should do the trick. Just don't over do it!

A few quick snaps of mine. Its dark here so these are pretty rough with flash. It makes everything look too shiny, but here goes.

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

Love that last one. And the over the shoulder whip is a cool idea.

I'm in the process of uploading my first wave of Catwoman pics...

Love that last one. And the over the shoulder whip is a cool idea.

I'm in the process of uploading my first wave of Catwoman pics...

Cool man, look forward to them, I will try some better ones tomorrow when its light. What a great figure, i think its my favourite (HT included) for quite a while.

This is looking great and I would love to get one - trying to decide if prices will continue to be high or might come down if I wait awhile.

This is looking great and I would love to get one - trying to decide if prices will continue to be high or might come down if I wait awhile.

I would really recommend picking one up. I really can't see the prices going down, up yes, once people start posting pics of her everywhere!

Back