Catwoman Bootleg Coming (Returns not Halle)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great addition to my Batman Returns shelf! :rock

P1100823.jpg

He's made by Applause. Only articulates at the shoulder. Pretty lame figure actually, but It's a place-holder for a future Penguin custom/bootleg. :pray:

I would really recommend picking one up. I really can't see the prices going down, up yes, once people start posting pics of her everywhere!

:lecture:lecture:lecture

This obviously isn't like an HT or an SSC release; I can't imagine there are that many to go around.

I mean, I don't believe for one second the claim that they only produced 100 of 'em, but I think it's still safe to say that it's a pretty limited item.

I just got mine and I have a rub on the right nipple also. Nothing major--it's right on the seem which goes over the nipple on the underbody, but definitely caused from rubbing against the window. Great figure though and another problem-free transaction from Storerooms. :yess:

I just got mine...

Yay! :clap

...and I have a rub on the right nipple also.

Boo! :(

Can't say I'm shocked to hear it, but it is a little disappointing. Still, I suppose there's some solace to be had knowing that it's not a freak (no pun, of course) occurrence, just a good ol' fashioned production flaw.

Gettin' super pumped, now... :yess:

Meh, put a little Sharpie on it and you can't even tell what's nipple, seem, or wear. More probably to with the hardness of the nipple :D and the fact that the seem goes right over it compounded by the rubbing against the window.

And she smells like Colorforms btw. Must be the same kind of vinyl. :lol

Yeah, I'm not bothered by the rubbed off nipple anymore. The Sharpie did the trick. I doubt I'll even bother with the varnish.

Still, I suppose there's some solace to be had knowing that it's not a freak (no pun, of course) occurrence, just a good ol' fashioned production flaw.

Mine has the same issue. A sparing touch of black acrylic paint (flexible when dry) and Krylon gloss will sort it out.

So is any body interested in a replacement head? This head is noticeably undersized and the expression a bit boring for such a wild character.

Board member sdabbs did a superb custom last spring. He/she said they might make the head alone available if enough people showed interest.

Check out the custom:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75814&highlight=catwoman

I like the expression but the quality on that does not look so hot. I agree that the head is a tad small and the expression a bit bland but the custom head would not live up to my standards of quality.

Just got mine and it's brilliant. The best bootleg figure I've ever seen. In fact it's about flawless. Even HT would be hard pressed to bets this one.

The sculpt - is near perfect. Not small to me at all and the expression, while calm, is really great up close. Just a hint of a smile and incredibly well painted.

The suit - is near perfect as well. While it does limit some articulation it achieves the movie look extremely well. Real stitching too. Amazing!

The accesories - are great for this one. The whip is real, braided pleather and plenty of hands for all the poses you could want.

For $120 shipped from Storerooms there is really nothing to complain about here. And even if it had cost more there would only be minor nits. I just can't see anybody producing an overall better Returns Catwomen than this one.

Kickass! Hope that means mine arrived today as well... so was it USPS, and did you have to sign for it?

If I have to sign I'll likely be making a trip to the post office tomorrow as I'm never home for packages :monkey2

I like the expression but the quality on that does not look so hot. I agree that the head is a tad small and the expression a bit bland but the custom head would not live up to my standards of quality.

Hi Ray,
Just FYI, that Catwoman was made a while ago and was a very early 1:6 work for Sean and when he looks at it he sees a ton of mistakes with it. The one we've been working on (along with other Batman Returns sculpts) is a brand new sculpt, and one which I hope you will like much better when debuted.

Here's a pic of the Red Triangle Gang Bike Skull Thug we'll have coming out as soon as we have the costume proto to show off with it. :)

SKULL-FINISHED.gif

Kickass! Hope that means mine arrived today as well... so was it USPS, and did you have to sign for it?

If I have to sign I'll likely be making a trip to the post office tomorrow as I'm never home for packages :monkey2

Yep, USPS and you do have to sign for it so plan on that post office run.

Hi Ray,
Just FYI, that Catwoman was made a while ago and was a very early 1:6 work for Sean and when he looks at it he sees a ton of mistakes with it. The one we've been working on (along with other Batman Returns sculpts) is a brand new sculpt, and one which I hope you will like much better when debuted.

Here's a pic of the Red Triangle Gang Bike Skull Thug we'll have coming out as soon as we have the costume proto to show off with it. :)

:rock Looking forward to what you come up with!

Just got mine and it's brilliant. The best bootleg figure I've ever seen. In fact it's about flawless. Even HT would be hard pressed to bets this one.

The sculpt - is near perfect. Not small to me at all and the expression, while calm, is really great up close. Just a hint of a smile and incredibly well painted.

The suit - is near perfect as well. While it does limit some articulation it achieves the movie look extremely well. Real stitching too. Amazing!

The accesories - are great for this one. The whip is real, braided pleather and plenty of hands for all the poses you could want.

For $120 shipped from Storerooms there is really nothing to complain about here. And even if it had cost more there would only be minor nits. I just can't see anybody producing an overall better Returns Catwomen than this one.

Great review Coco! I agree with every word! :lecture

That display kicks all kinds of ass!!!!!!! :rock

Back