Premium Format Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Catwoman PF?

I like how the people here who no NOTHING about DC are saying Flash is a C list character and don't know who Captain Cold is and only know Batman villains because they watched the animated series growing up.

I don't know if that was directed at me but if so you couldn't be more wrong.

or maybe it will be REAL lightning :yess:

:yess::yess:

Just an update on the upcoming Catwoman LSF.
I was kinda confused as to whether Adam Hughes actually had a hand in the design of this piece, and this is what Allison (his partner) had to say:

"Sideshow already had sketches done when Adam came on board. He simply made some suggestions, and did some drawings of his own based on the work Sideshow has already done. And ultimately, I believe the sculptor that worked on the piece based the likeness on a model, and not on Adam's drawings."

Just an update on the upcoming Catwoman LSF.
I was kinda confused as to whether Adam Hughes actually had a hand in the design of this piece, and this is what Allison (his partner) had to say:

"Sideshow already had sketches done when Adam came on board. He simply made some suggestions, and did some drawings of his own based on the work Sideshow has already done. And ultimately, I believe the sculptor that worked on the piece based the likeness on a model, and not on Adam's drawings."

This makes complete sense and explains why the LSF looks nothing like AHs work.

Oh and just because HERE is the Flash work I was talking about

1C77D0FD-0626-4D31-B7E3-3A4689B25450-5350-00000CD383DBB6B4.jpg

If they cast the lightning in metal, that would solve the problem.

I think it would be cooler to cast the lighting in clear resin, and have it lit up from underneath, maybe with a flicker effect - easily done. But resin would be a nightmare to ship.

That Flash statue is so boring! He's just standing there, pulling on his glove. He's FLASH! The Fastest Man Alive! Shouldn't he be moving instead of standing still?

That Flash statue is so boring! He's just standing there, pulling on his glove. He's FLASH! The Fastest Man Alive! Shouldn't he be moving instead of standing still?

He's moving so fast he appears to be standing still ;)

Or just have SS do something like this:

FLASH%20DC%20CHRONICLES%20STATUE.jpg

which DCD did and showed Flash "moving" but a pose that istill upright enough to fit in with the Superman and Batman PFs.

This makes complete sense and explains why the LSF looks nothing like AHs work.

Okay guys, so I asked Allison about possible sneaks of Adam's drawings related to the LSF, and here's what I got:

"I don't think so; seeing as the statue wasn't based on Adam's drawings, rather that Adam came in after a pose was established and he drew that, he's not that keen to share them."

I thought the whole process was weird: It seems like Sideshow went with the "good girl" style for the LSF, but then thought "Hey how did we leave out Adam for this one?", and then invited him in again, and Adam just drew whatever pose that was already established? LOL why?

On second thought, maybe that art's gonna end up on the statue box or next year's calendar for the big reveal. Who knows...

The pose for Bats and Supes are static as well... It is all in the sculpt.

No rush on this one please. So there's time for people to enjoy the dc direct nice cat woman first ;)

I want an action posed Flash - not a Flash fixing his glove :duh

Easy pass though if thats what they are going for. I'll prolly get Catwoman instead.

Back